• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

[Nepleslia] New Rifle

We'd discussed the ballistics of each round. Basically the pros and cons of the NAM bullet, and the Zen bullet. Right now it is up to Sigma to decide.

That discussion was in relation to the use by the National Police Force (I might just change it to Nepleslian Police Force.. ) with particular regards to a planned plot.

Any military contract of that nature would require an answer to "What is wrong with the M2, in the canon and outside?" Since it's inception as the service rifle, it hasn't been used (at least, to my knowledge) in anger by Player Characters. So far, all I can tell is CadetNewb suggested that he could make one and that people jumped on the idea cos they like something new.

When I proposed a rifle to go along with the 6.8mm round, MoonMan instructed me to go with an existing design and retrofit it. Kampfer may disagree about the original move but I don't see a need to replace the rifle a year after it moved into Nepleslian inventories. To replace it one year on, if we are to follow Kampfer's logic (which is fairly reasonable), would simple perpetuate the problem of muddled logistics. OOCly, MoonMan has not given me any indication that he wants a new rifle for our troops so the issue is moot until MoonMan says he wants a new rifle.

My personal feeling is that if Zen wants to make a 6.8mm rifle to compete with the M2 for a military arms contract, the AR-1 is not the platform. It should work well enough for a paramilitary arm like the Police though. However, nothing is stopping a character from buying the AR-1 and asking if it can be modified for the NAM 6.8 round. I don't think Zen would have an issue with that, Soresu? Worst case scenario is to buy it as is then bring it to a Marine armorer to work his magic on it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back