Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Nepleslia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack

Inactive Member
So are we going to continue to wait for Tom or try and move Nepleslia along through other means?

*sighs* Well I'm running a plot at the moment, the Angel one. You're welcome to join if you want.

Otherwise, another one of my plots is frozen by him.

I'm sure he'll be back though.

So, it has been three weeks and still not a peep from Tom. Perhaps it is time to shift around the plot GMs for Nep?

I don't think the need is pressing. The Angel plot is keeping Nepleslia quite active, and although the Street Wars plot is frozen in time, you and Tyler are free to join my plot.

Just think of a good reason.

The plot isn't made for JPs nor is it very active as posts are about 8 days apart.

I wouldn't mind converting Nep into a PvP roleplay with players playing one of the various colors.

PvP sounds cool.

If Nepleslia grew inactive, I'd probably get rid of its forums.

I would like to point out it's not inactive - there's still the Angel story line.

However this idea seems quite good.

Who to participate?

I think Doshii.

Normally I'd say Thad, but Thad's busy.

I wouldn't really trust me, but I'm busy.

Doshii's got a lot of staying power at the moment, and is the most active Nepleslia player at the moment besides myself.

I'll just have to say again that I'll hopefully have more time soon. I, for one, would rather there not be a GM at all, but that's just my opinion and I think I've stated my reasons elsewhere. I'll want in on this regardless, though.

Flattered as I am by your endorsement, Thomas, I want nothing to do with PvP. I'm not a fan of it, and I can't correctly judicate it anyway.

If anyone needs a helping hand, however, count me in. I'm all about being helpful. *grin*

Maybe we can make Thad a "non-GM" for Nepleslia. He wouldn't have to come up with plots or anything, but we give him the ability to "smite" people if they get out of line. :D

A GM is needed to perform the moderator functions for the forum and to make sure people don't go overboard. It also helps to have a GM to get the role play started by advertising, getting people running sides (in this case the reds, blacks, greens, ect.), and occasionally playing their character not to 'win' but to create conflict.

They don't really need to be involved in the plot, one should happen on its own if we have people going against each other.

Uso Tasuki said:
A GM is needed to perform the moderator functions for the forum and to make sure people don't go overboard. It also helps to have a GM to get the role play started by advertising, getting people running sides (in this case the reds, blacks, greens, ect.), and occasionally playing their character not to 'win' but to create conflict.

They don't really need to be involved in the plot, one should happen on its own if we have people going against each other.
Moderation and being a GM are two different tasks. A GM does not have to be a moderator; a moderator does not have to be a GM.

I'm with Wes on this.

If you guys want, I can act as a moderator, with some help. I'm a fair guy, I think, but I can also follow rules. *grins*

But the GM aspects I don't think I could craft well enough to satisfy everyone. However, if Thad's "non-GM" set up works ... that would be cool.

Even with the non-GM setup someone will have to start the PvP role play. It won't just spawn out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back