• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check Nepleslian Ground Forces RP

Legix

@Gunhand4171 - This tag is more to ensure he reads up on it, as this has been sorta floating around without a ton of really in-depth prodding/poking.

Basically, the idea is... you know...

MECH- No, it's not mecha. It's Tanks.

Anyhow, yes. The main interest check here is an idea I've had revolving around a group of Nepleslians sent to the less organized/stable places handling either terrorists (they exist, how and who would need to be figured out with Gunhand but there are some pretty solid ideas) or even rogue groups. The core of the story would be focused around the crew of a single tank/craft (of which, no clue. I love the design of the Maximus but it's even listed as a specialized tank) with a smaller squad of infantry.

The roles would involve the crew and this group who clean up messes/situations in their combat scenarios and occasionally between it. Basic mil-life RP stuff. Anyone interested, willing to throw on ideas, yada yada, post =3=. Same with those interested. This is an idea I sorta pulled together rather recently and have been enjoying it more and more, but after the meeting brought up Nepleslia I figured it was about time to throw something out there about this and test the ball if it'll get rolling. Support staff/extra roles in the RP could exist (such as a reporter assigned with them, maybe?), but for the most part it'll likely be this group of 8-12 guys on their own in hostile/potentially hostile territory.

Edit 1 Below
After expanding a bit briefly, I figured this would be a good time to give a list of who we have interested in things. This is also a notice to specify that the tank will be more or less the sole tank, barring if the plot grows and the interest shifts more toward the tanking aspect. However, this will not purely become an infantry RP barring perhaps instances where the tank crew is forced onto foot via breakdown/bailout. Sorry, all you infantry grunts =3=7

The Tank Crew
Commander: Juno Rickett (NPC/GMPC, possible to replace if the story takes the right turns/players desire it)
Driver:
Gunner:
Loader:

The Infantry Support/Fireteam
Squad Leader: N/A
Squad Cook: N/A
Squad Marksman: N/A
Squad Medic: N/A

Any additional roles will be added should people request them. These are, however, simply the ones needed at the time of posting (4 and 4). NPCs can be created to fill this void and likely will be to some degree, but this should give those interested an idea of what positions to jump on and fill!

Last edited:
@Gunhand4171 - Noice =3= if that's the case, getting a potential outline for where/when this all breaks down would likely be a good thing. I can't imagine them being in a new fleet (unless that'd be preferred), but I can imagine them being an element of one. I've not done a ton of reading on the NSMC (beyond what's been necessary so far to make a Nepleslian), so I'm not sure even what the group would be called.

@Acewing13 - That's good to know. A link and an idea to the character could help hype people up. The role of the tankers and the squad might need a proper list, too... I'll go ahead and edit something into the opening post.

YES! I've been waiting on a plot like this since I started with Nepleslian characters and found the different wiki articles.

Edit has been made showcasing some of the roles that will be needed. Glad to see there's some interest, though. I'll be compiling some encounter ideas from Gun, but feel confident going ahead and asking the following.

Anyone interested, go ahead and try taking a shot at a basic wiki/character idea and post it here. First-come, first-served barring if you can talk to and discuss it with whoever got it first seems fair.

Looking forward to seeing who/what all we get for this, though, and feel muh brain clicking some gears on this.

Okay, so its just one tank? Cause if so, I want to use one of the crew I had on the character page I posted.

@Acewing13 It might be, yeah. Again, I'd rather it be more personal and have people working together to operate the tank (than just tossing a bunch of NPCs under someone's command), but if it's necessary/favored only for the tank action by the players then I might throw out more tanks.

@HAMnJAM - Seems pretty solid. Not sure on how much of that would fly (don't know much about a Maximus 1, since the wiki doesn't seem to have it?), but it looks like it's coming along.

Going to totally need to find out a name for our tank. Tankers obviously matter in the vote, but any infantry we pick-up can get a say in the matter. Once we got some names, we can pool 'em into a poll.

Yeah, the only real detail about the mark one is a single line about when it was upgraded.

"In YE 36, the Maximus was upgraded to a second Mark. The upgrades included the addition of a fusion generator, increased armament, and improved ammunition."

And I forgot completely about the R.U.S.E.. It's a result of a second upgrade a year later.

And in the Position category, I guess I call Gunner/Loader whichever @Legix wants.

Last edited:
The character I was going to make is a gunner, but since HAMnJAM asked first, I can put her somewhere else/make a different character.

Alright, posting this up here for those interested (and tagging people who have already showed interest + Gunhand for regulatory purposes), but a few things have been ironed out that will help with how the group is organized. Tag list will go here: @Gunhand4171 @Acewing13 @HAMnJAM

The RP will be known as NSMC 309th "Ruthless Riders"
The group is a mixed Armored Infantry-style division, stuck as an element within the 3rd Fleet. Because of this, they're actively funneled both within and out of Nepleslia space to handle both internal and foreign affairs. The RP, however, will be based around a single platoon of the 309th. They might earn a nickname eventually, but the group has only recently been compiled from transfers and new recruits alike. This means that everyone in the RP will be required to start at ranks below Second Lieutenant without gaining permission. As the RP grows and the group rises in accomplishments, it's possible the lone platoon will rejoin other elements and increase potential ranking, but ranks/promotions won't be handed out like candy in the RP for this reason.

Some info, though, will be here for now: Firstly, the sole NPC listed at this time is the leader of the Platoon (not necessarily the one giving orders, but leading/operating from the field for higher command), is Lieutenant Juno Rickett. His NPC sheet will go up soon, but I figured I'd clarify on this solely to avoid someone wanting to jump to the rank. The reason for doing this, however, is because the role of Second Lieutenant allows someone trusted to take potential lead of the RP. This is someone who, in the event of my disappearing, could be entrusted with the RP until a new GM steps forward. This is, effectively, making Second Lieutenant a rank specifically for those interested in Co-GMing this. If I take on any others, they won't be required to do this and could even possibly be additional platoon leaders/higher ranked soldiers, but I figured I'd knock this out.

TLDR: Anything below 2ndLT is fine for rank, if you want to be 2ndLT or higher then understand that you are essentially asking for Co-GM powers in this RP and may get denied. Expect an NPC sheet for Juno Rickett and a wiki containing initial information on the plot and the 309th to be ironed out soon and posted.

Going to be taking another look at characters offered up for this shortly. Still hoping we can get an infantry squad, but it might be a small RP for a while. If this is the case, I'll likely expand/alter the group's initial entry-point. @HAMnJAM and @Acewing13, I hope the two of you are looking forward to this. As for Juno: his profile will be going up soon. Apologies on the tardiness, as I've been trying to catch myself back up after a bout of work and illness.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back