• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check Nepleslian Ground Forces RP

Hey, so I've been kind of waiting and watching for something like this to pop upcbecause I have a cook in mind. My only question is if ID-SOLs would be allowed? I really like the idea of a big, gruff guy being in charge of the food and the morale of the group.

"You seem tense and stessed. Come, I will put a roast in the cooker, and we will grapple while it cooks. Wrestling is a good way to exercise, relieve tension, and let out anger. When we're finished, we eat together to build comradery and show that we are good friends."

I don't have a character profile made up yet, but I'll throw one together as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks! Regarding ID-SOLs, I saw that the wiki said that ID-SOLs were no longer in "production", would that mean that I would only be able to play as a hybrid? I'd like to play as a pure ID-SOL if I could, but I realize this would require an extensive history along with good reasoning why he's still in the lower ranks.

Sounds good, the last thing I want is to make more work for everyone. I'll take some time to think about and work on a character while writing a page.

Sorry it took a while to cook up, it seems the days are slipping by fast than I can grasp them. Here's what I got so far. Let me know if there's anything that I need to clean up, anything that I need to add, or any errors that I need to clean up. I apologize for any mistakes, I had a few drinks to embrace my inner ID-SOL as well as abide by Hemmingway's advice: "Write drunk, edit sober."

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to do this plot. Barely able to keep up with what I have. :/ You guys have fun though.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to do this plot. Barely able to keep up with what I have. :/ You guys have fun though.
That's unfortunate. Sorry to hear that.

Edit: It's a bit disheartening that we've not been able to drum up much in terms of interest. Hopefully this will change.

Maybe I could make a character named Andrew Slew, a former athlete who played a game called 'Ice', where people go around on skates and fight each other, until it got banned and he went to jail and then entered the draft to do some more fighting, with guns this time. Not sure if this idea is appropriate, though, or how much I'd be able to put into playing it.

It'd probably be appropriate... comical, certainly, but I imagine he'd be part of the infantry compliment, correct?

@Cordinarr Fergus seems pretty solid. History is a bit short for my tastes, but relatively I'd expect for it to expand as more is revealed about him/as the RP goes on. I'll admit, however, that it might be wise to see if there's a pre-determined skill set for Nepleslian soldiers. I'm fairly certain there is, which means you could link that and then fill out whatever you have open. It's also better to talk about his skills IN the skill section, so expand on his cooking ability.

Aside from the skill section's issues, it seems relatively nice. If @Navian carries through on Andrew, this would give us two of our infantry. At this moment, I'm working on the plot page (realzies guys) and should be trying to roll out peeps. @SirSPT Should totally be our sole female driver (luu yu), but I'll be looking to start pushing some things out. Quick confirmation: @HAMnJAM, you're still in correct? If so, with Ace withdrawing, you can pick your position once more. We're going to have an updated list soon and possible a remake of this thread/an official OOC thread opened somewhere, so everyone keep an eye out for that.

Ok, thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it. I'll try to make those changes and do some polishing up this weekend. It's going to be a little bare-bones since I'm still reading up on Nepleslia, but I'll add a bit more as I read and let you know when I update it.

Alright, so some quick updates...

A WIP plot page has been created and will be getting updated from here on out as information rolls out. See here: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=plot:nsmc_309th

@HAMnJAM - We need to lock down your role. I put down Gunner, but if you want to be something else, let me know! It might be wise to also consider adjusting your skills to give all 7 initial fields. If not, you'll be building skills slower and from behind the possible start! If you don't mind, then no worries.

@Cordinarr - We need to get your rank squared away. If you want your character to fit the command structure for the team, modify his skills to include leadership and take the rank Sergeant. As is, I don't see him being it based on how little he's seemed to have been involved in, so maybe making your character a Private would be wise.

@Navian - Same with your potential character. If you want sergeant for your ice-skater (or whatever idea you go with, dunno what your plan is beyond the brief talk), then just let me know/link it here so everyone knows the infantry squad is squared away.

To everyone interested and making characters, make sure you add/check-off the following things for your character's inventory (this is the list of equipment you can take without paying up for anything): https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=nepleslia:standard_issue_equipment

An additional list (that I'm going to be working on and eventually throwing toward @Gunhand4171) will be made to list the group's additional options inventory-wise. This is due to a decision to limit the 309th initially, based on them being a recently re-organized group and lacking the same staff/veteran amount. Not to say PA and top-of-the-line Nepleslian gear won't appear, only that initially it will be slow to roll-out.

And, of course, if anyone is interested this is still the time to be throwing in your ideas/WIP's. In the next coming week or two, the RP will likely start rolling out the initial "introduction" JPs/interviews before ultimately launching the first thread. Look forward to it =3=7

RPG-D RPGfix
Back