• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Nepleslian medical kit

Sigma

Inactive Member
Submission Type:Medical update
Submission URL:Nep Med Kit

Faction: Nepleslia
FM Approved Yet? Pending

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
Intended to be a replacement for the MED. For use with PA or non-PA operations.

Changes:
- Added a hypolathe
- More constriction bands and medicines
- Added alcohol wipes as an anesthetic
- Added laser scalpel
- Added datajockey for more useful and advanced options
- Added 2 autoinjector sets with different meds

Looking over some of the stuff right now, collaborating with my GMs and players around things before I stamp it.

I got to say, though, it looks fine from where I am now, so it shouldn't be too long.

Some kind of mild stimulant wouldn't go amiss I think. Nothing drastic, but something that wouldn't induce shock in a patient and keep them awake should blood loss or a concussion occur.

Why remove the burn cream?

I thought I answered that question sufficiently on the IRC, Wes?

Am looking for a suitable stimulant, per Soresu's suggestion.

Could go with Dextroamphetamine or Modafinil. Both have history of use for fatigue. Only other thing I can think of is the Adrenalin shots that MPs use sometimes.

Another option is to do a pill pack like the US Army has been using. Basically a small packet that would contain the stimulant, antiseptic, and pain pills that a soldier is supposed to down when injured.

Between the Hypolathe's medical nano, the alcohol wipes, and liquid bandages, the Nepleslian Marine is fine. If sucking on the wipes alone isn't enough to get them back into action, they're going to need much more advanced treatment than what a medic can provide.

Approved.

I don't agree with removing the burn cream, but this submission meets the requirements for approval.

Make some art for it if you can.

Okay, so for future reference in case this ever comes up:
  • I am the original author of this item
  • This thread was Sigma making an update
  • After Sigma left, the article was deleted
  • I restored the article to a version before Sigma had contributed to it (the one with the burn cream) so it was just my content
Current updates: Added an AI placeholder image so it has some art, changed title to indicate which Nepleslian kit it is, added history including phase out for the newer model that replaced it.

You scared me because I saw ligmas username on the whats new before I saw it was just you replying.

Nep actually has the med-kit gen 2 that @Soresu made. And I made a rather 4/10 model for it back in the day that he NEVER USED.

The two can prob be combined and the art could prob be used better there since soresu doesn't like the one I spent an entire 1,800 seconds on making for him!

Yes, as mentioned above, I added a link to that one in the history section. I'm happy to make an artwork for the Gen 2 as well. The Gen 1 can still show up as military surplus (maybe indies use it) or in older Nepleslian stockpiles.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back