Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Neutronium

Leutre Veressis said:
Of course, if you hate the idea of using two types of carbon allotropes as armor, we could always drop to the standby of old; Making another fictional material of some vague composition, and giving it another generic but picked-at-random name that sounds very sci-fi.

... I vote Frankium.

I think your trying to fix something that was broke a long time ago, and will never return.

Basicly what it comes down to is that a new name is needed to replace the name neutronium, because the name obviously bothers some, becuase what irl would actually be considered neutronium is an impractical material. Therefore we need a new designation for somthing that has the same properties as Netronium does in the game setting.

Also I prefer a species/faction neutral name for the material, over ones that do hold such references.

So, basically, now this boils down to picking a name for the new alloy and giving a little tidbit about how it's made/where it's found?

Maesrium?

Found in Ayame's nebular.

Possess' an enhanced electron field (much as other armours have an enhance strong-nuclear effect) resulting in the atoms being particularly hard to seperate.

how exactly would the electromagnetic force be stronger in this material? I think there should be some explanation.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back