• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

New Here

TR-991

Inactive Member
Hi. I've been looking for a place to do some writing in a sci-fi setting. This seems pretty good. I'm still working through character creation. Here is what I have so far:

TR-991 is an android. She was originally built to hold the mind of a downloaded brain. Due to an error, she only received the very most basic parts of the brain he was to receive. She has received the emotinal core of humanity, but all other components of the personality she was to recieve were lost. She has been told that her name is Cindy Mitchel, but she refuses to take that name. Cindy Mitchel was a person that TR-991 has no experience of being. TR-991 is an android.

Cindy Mitchel had been a memember of the Star Army. It was assumed that TR-991 would be a member of the star army, but things did not pan out that way. TR-991 has no interest in serving the purose of a master other than herself, and is fleeing to Nepleslia.

I look forward to role-playing here.

Welcome to SARP. I'm one of the GM's for Nepleslia. There's some inconsistency with the setting, however.

The Star Army of Yamatai doesn't do that kind of thing at all. They simply slap you into a bio-engineered synth-organic body (NH-series) if your biological body (assuming you started as a base human), and call it done.

The Star Military of the DION (Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia) would do that since they don't subscribe to the "synthetic bodies are great!" mentality. Though usually as a last resort, a la Robocop. Further, Nepleslia would have more superior cybernetic capabilities since that's tech the faction pioneered.

If you want, I can help with the character creation process. We need more cyborg/androids

Welcome to Star Army. I think we might make this work.

Here's the laws on AIs in regard to military service in Yamatai:

Proposal #95 - Considerations for Protection of Artificial Intelligence (YE 34)

I. No Entity, defined as any company, individual, or group of individuals, shall knowingly create a product capable of self-acquired sapience without providing a means for that product to become independent. Should a produced intelligence thereafter become sapient, the Entity responsible for granting or inducing that sapience shall thereafter be responsible for the Sapient Being.

II. A Sapient Being, defined for the purposes of this bill as the result of an AI's self-realized or externally induced sapience, shall be considered a minor for purposes of citizenship and eligibility for military service until the passage of three years. The care of the Being shall be the responsibility of the sapience-inducing Entity, who shall claim the AI as a family member for the purpose of education and eventual citizenship. The owner, or parent, is thereafter responsible for the Being's education and welfare, and may be held accountable for maltreatment.

IIa. A Being which is claimed as a minor shall not be considered as mature until such time as either it is deemed so by the parent, or until the passing of three years.

IIb. In the case of a Being which is determined by the creating Entity to be ready for citizenship, citizenship may be submitted for consideration prior to the three-year limit, with the added requirement of immediate military service. A Being which enters service in this manner is entitled to all the training and benefits afforded a Nekovalkyrja, as if it were created by the Star Army of Yamatai for that specific purpose. It may also assume a Nekovalkyrja body if it so chooses.

III. Should an Entity create an artificial intelligence capable of eventual sapience without also providing a means of freedom and self-sufficiency and eventual citizenship, further utilization of the Being in question shall be considered slavery and shall be punishable under the letter of the law.

IIII. Should an Entity induce sapience, they shall be subject to the same.
So you might get something out of the above that explains why the Star Army would have wanted her to serve.

If not, no big deal, we can adjust the concept. The main thing is we're okay with a random android. Perhaps later you can develop a page for the body.

Thanks, both of you. I'm still working her out to fit completely. I'm going to try to post back here again when I have it a little more polished.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back