• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

NH-8 Type as an NPC?

Rei

Inactive Member
I noticed one of these in one or two JP archives somewhere, but they slip my mind at the moment. I can't seem to find where they mention many of the specifics about them. Primarily used as pilots, wasn't it? Are they also sold or given to YSA personnel requesting them or something? What are the levels of their sentience? Can they be bought from somewhere? (say a location on an Ecstasy class)

I feel they're a way to add depth via an NPC, so I was just wondering. I just woke up so you'll excuse me if I missed it posted somewhere prominently? ^^;

Wolf's an NH-8. You might not have heard many of the specifics because they're "shadowshifters." The default form back when they were created was an NH-7y3, then there was another DNA slot for a neko, and three DNA slots for others. I don't know how they'd work as NPCs. Maybe you're talking about a different model--I think NH-8s have been out of production for a while, but I'm not sure, so don't take my word for it. The primary function might not have been intelligence gathering, but that's what PNUgen and I believe SAINT used them for. You could be talking about a different model, or I could be ignorant about my character's species. Sorry I can't offer any definite information.

The NH-8 was made my PNUgen in limited quantities for itself for the spy business and is no longer produced. The Star Army, as it tends to do, appropriated a number of them for SAINT usage.

I think he's talking about the NH-12 (used as Lamia pilots, personal assistants, etc.) series, Wes.

I called them the NH-8 once. Looks like I'll never live that down now. :p

Yangfan said:
I think he's talking about the NH-12 (used as Lamia pilots, personal assistants, etc.) series, Wes.

I called them the NH-8 once. Looks like I'll never live that down now. :p

Ohhhhh! Don't mess with mah' brain! The NH-8 are quite interesting, but I did mean the NH-12 after all~

Rei said:
I noticed one of these in one or two JP archives somewhere, but they slip my mind at the moment. I can't seem to find where they mention many of the specifics about them. Primarily used as pilots, wasn't it? Are they also sold or given to YSA personnel requesting them or something? What are the levels of their sentience? Can they be bought from somewhere? (say a location on an Ecstasy class)

I feel they're a way to add depth via an NPC, so I was just wondering. I just woke up so you'll excuse me if I missed it posted somewhere prominently? ^^;
NH-12s are primarily used a pilots for LAMIA M1 power armor, but are also used for personal assistants. They're about as sentient as humans (maybe slightly less) but are usually programmed to serve a certain purpose. They're available online for purchase and are shipped through the mail. There might be stores on larger ships, but I'm not sure about the Ecstacy; who would be running the store? If there's a PNUgen Mersina-class aorund, that's probably your best bet for getting one.

Wes said:
Rei said:

NH-12s are primarily used a pilots for LAMIA M1 power armor, but are also used for personal assistants. They're about as sentient as humans (maybe slightly less) but are usually programmed to serve a certain purpose. They're available online for purchase and are shipped through the mail. There might be stores on larger ships, but I'm not sure about the Ecstacy; who would be running the store? If there's a PNUgen Mersina-class aorund, that's probably your best bet for getting one.

That's a good point. What I would think is there could be a drop off center on the ship maybe (a kiosk, perhaps)? The demand would be too low to justify keeping a shop open there maybe, unless it sold little outfits too! Ohhh..that's a good idea. A center to pick up orders that arrive if the person ordering it was engaged at the forward end of the fleet, or otherwise indisposed that they could get on their leave? I'd assume in off duty it would just be sent. What are we talking in KS to order one? Would there be some sort of activation item sent with them, or would they end up in litttle pet carriers? ^^;

Hmm..then again if you wanted one from a Mersina you could always order and go, or they'd do delivery rounds? How commonly are these supposed to be seen?

The PNUgen ships will come to you when you need them. That's what they're there for. Cost is 3,500 KS (taken from WickedArms price list).

Wes said:
The PNUgen ships will come to you when you need them. That's what they're there for. Cost is 3,500 KS (taken from WickedArms price list).

Ah huh, I was reading some about them. Verstile things, aren't they? So they're activated when you umm..take them out of their package or something, or do they send them in a mini-enviroment? They look similar to other Neko types, except for the height then? You can make custom requests in apperence too, I can assume?

The come in "bodybags" and are in a sort of stasis until activated. The appearance is usually customized by the purchaser (or randomly selected if not). They're similar in appearance to the NH-17.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back