• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Night Alexander

Night Alexander

Inactive Member
(New to this place so I hope I am doing things in the right order 8) )

Email: [email protected]
AIM: sykostuff
MSN: (see email)
YIM: Nono (can make one if needed though)

Name: Night Alexander
Race: Nepleslian
Build: Lean muscle (the kind meant more for speed then phsyical strength)
Weight:154
Height: 6'0"
Skin Color: Flesh/Tan
Eye Color: White
Hair Color: Blue
Family: Brother dead, father and mother current under forced employement under crime lord.

Personality: His personallity is also a split one or so it can seem to some that know him well. He keeps his reasons for what he does almost always to himself even when an explaination would probably be the smart thing. Though not shy he won't always be the first to start up a conversation with others. For the most part he tries to be friendly with others and keep an upbeat tone but it has its falterings around others. He took the death of his family hard and the robotic arm is a bitter reminder of it that always haunts him. More so as it is a more recent thing. Msot of the time he his seen holding the upper part of it with his left hand like it was a wound.

Likes: Sparing, reading, philosphy (if he knows the subject)
Dislikes: Questions about his arm or family, his family, highly formal events.
Goals: At the moment just to get by

Faction: Star Army of Yamatai
Current Assignment: None

Skills:
Communication: Through the normal means of education he has learned a formal line of both speaking and writing. Though there are a few words in his dictionary that he picked up over the years from dealing with the less well looked upon people. This also allowed him to pick up a great talent at reading lips and body gestures and what might be meant behind them.

Fighting and Physical: Most of his free time was spent in training programs. Not so much to learn what they were teaching but it was a good of working things out without really thinking of them. And though he learned the normal means in which was taught through them he also worked a few uniques to it. The training entailed both normal condition and zero gravity. Weapons he trained with are energy rifles, hand-to-hand (made much more deadly by the use of his robot arm), knife combat and power armor. He is well trained through common means in the use of power armor. Both on surface and in space.

Information Technology: Night is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. He is proficient in entering and/or searching for information.

Mathematics: Night received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry. He is also good at figure out the range of an arc for firing and how far one needs to lead a shot on a moving target.

Maintenance and Repair: He began learning this in order to do his own repairs and upgrades to his robot right arm. This also extended to learning to workings and basic repairs of the power armor that he operates. Most of it was done through normal training and some just out of something to spend a free hour with. It terms of repair, while he can do most anything needed to keep his robotic arm in full function, in terms of power armor it is basic repairs and short cutting. For the most part some trained in actual maintenance of them would be bette versed.

Rogue: Growing up around a race considered to be mostly criminals and thugs has many advantages. It gave him a great sense of street smarts. Also he learned that a key is far from the only way to get through a locked door. He can pick most any lock given enough time.

Survival and Military: The other benefit fo growing up around such life is the ability to survive without having everything given to you. Through both training and self taught experience he has learned how to move around with ease, including in zero gravity. He is a decent swimmer but an excellent sprinter and for a decent distance before beginning to feel any tire from it. As well as being somewhat skilled in acrobatics.

Cybernetic Enhancements:

Right Arm: Fully robotic. Made of strong enough material to survival a few direct hits from small arms fire. Muich stronger then normal, though it is no faster then the rest of his movement. Though metalic in appearance it is almost always covered with clothing and gloves do to his somewhat dislike of it.

History: Even at a young age he wanted to enlist and at any time he could he would find ways to sneak in a training. Though his father would have nothing of it, he did what he could when no one was watching him. How ever his family would not be something that would hold him back forever. His father was greedy and made a fools deal with a crime lord that in truth had really no power behind what he would talk. In the end it was someone that did have power that stepped in. His father made even more foolish deals to try and save his life, selling out his own family.

The entire thing ended up with his brother dead and both parents under perminent 'employement' to the crime lord. Though he did not leave the situation without reminders of the past always haunting him. During the lesson that was taught to his father he lost his right arm. Thankfully though his father though a fool he was a somewhat wealthy one. Enough for Night to afford the cost of getting a robotic one. One which he has spent his own private time reworking and modifying to look as close to a real one as possible.

It was shortly after all of this that he joined up with the army. Taking quickly to the operations of a power armor during simulations and training. Only recently out of the acedemy but his past dealing with the streets at night heldhim above many of the others up to this point and though he is unsure of just what it is like in battle he is waiting for some test to see if they hold up in that case.

Well, mixed feelings. On the one hand its an intresting character, the name is quirky, but not too much so, and skills look to be well done.

However the history ... very intresting, very character forming. However some people buy into the school of thought that says that such important details should be RPed out. I don't think its that severe, since he hasn't actualy done anything, it all hapaned to him. I'm intrested in Thad's judgment.

Alright well I have added my contact info to that one post and to the character. And if anything needs changing with the history or whatnot just pass the word.

I think it's a bit out of order and some things are missing, so you might want to check the other bios to see what needs to be added. The orphan thing is sort of overdone, and I normally wouldn't care much for him being trained in the history, but it's not excessive, and it does give him direction. Good job.

Looks good so far. Please put in a field where you can fill in your IC rank once it has been given to you.

Other than that, I'd like to hear from Derran, on what kind of NDI power armor models we could get for Night. Most Yamataian power armor models only fit Nekos.

I'll check back tomorrow. If Derran hasn't gotten back to us by then, I will approve the character.

EDIT:

Character approved! I'll look into getting a NDI power armor for him. In the mean time, let me know which plot arc you want to join.

Welcome to the RP.

Gah I didn't even notice the edited post hehe.

I looked around the site, but I am not really that picky at the moment so since it seems that most are going into the Destiny one, that is fine with me (unless there is one that is need of people.)

Thomas, can the Destiney plot handle more players? I'm getting worried, since I've been pushing all the new players your way. :p

Basicly, there are not many active players. ALthough there are a whole lot of players that should theoreticly be on, and posting, there are not really that many making an active effort to RP.

Therefore, sure put him in the Destiny, I'm sure it will all make sense .... eventualy.

Well, you're the GM, Thomas. Feel free to do GM-ish things that would make it more interesting for your players.

(I'm well aware of the hypocrisy.) :)

Really, I am trying, but I do have EXAMS!!!

Will try to introduce threats to existance later. That'll liven things up.

Maybe an exam which everyone is forced to take.

My sadism know no bounds.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back