• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Nightbane MkI

Edto Xar'Sivaree

Lizard Freak!
Inactive Member
Submission Type: Starship
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:vekimen:military:equipment:nightbane

Faction: VDTF
FM Approved Yet? Yes, Me, Upon Creation
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: This is the first ship in the VDTF. It's a U-Boat... And is hilariously under-teched. This was deliberate. Have fun!

This submission has been reviewed to meet the specification for "Standard Tech" levels. All speeds have been modified, the SP rating has not been altered as I am unsure to how the modfier works. Is it 40% of the base SP, or is it +40% of the SP? Otherwise, it's 100% complete as a ship.

There is no direct system. It's primary ability to be stealthy is that it can shut down the fusion cores and reactivate them to change how much of a signature the ship itself gives off, making it very hard to find if you aren't directly looking for it, but if you have really advanced sensors and are actively looking for them then they don't stand much of a chance. It's based on traditional stealth techniques that really focus on how the ship is operated, rather than techno-gizmoes that do the job for them. This is 100% based on WWII Submarines, especially the earlier german models.

Out of what material is the hull constructed? How many torpedoes can it hold? Is it meant to have no sensor system details? How about a computer system?

Also, can you link to some of these systems, especially CDD?

Yes. You link to systems such as sensors, but you don't detail their ranges or the levels of detail they can reach. You also now have unapproved subarticles under this that could stall progress on this submission, especially the ship sensor you created.

I also don't see an answer to how many torpedoes it can hold, hull construction material or significant detailing of the ship's internal spaces. What's in the officer's cabin? How is the food stored? Do the Vekimen have anti-gravity? What's available to people working in engineering?

A more simple way of putting it -- do you plan to have PCs on this ship? If so, there's some work to do.

What unapproved sub article? I did not add EmNAR to the Nightbanes page of sensors. That is NO WHERE on the page. EmNAR is in approval process, yes, but I'm not putting a sensor on this thing until I know it's approved. Could you explain why the Sensor I created ((That being EmNAR)) even came up as a subarticle for this ship? It is not on the page anywhere. How does it affect this page, that doesn't contain EmNAR?

I will work on ranges, but the wiki isn't very clear on the ranges. It just says further or longer based on your technology level. I will assume 10Light Minutes is enough range

30. There are 6 racks that hold 4 torpedo's each, and the ship starts with six torpedo's in the tubes.

The same thing that is in the Crew Cabin, almost nothing. I can elaborate on that.

Yes, this is gong to be a ship with PC's on it. This is not going to be a ship friendly to non-vekimen.

The ship has artificial Gravity. This is mentioned in the life suport systems.

By "What does engineering have access to" I believe you mean what systems. That is explained. They also have VDTF Maintenance kits, which are just toolboxes and EVA suits.

Last edited:
Right, so. If you plan to put the EmNAR on this after it is approved, you will have to resubmit the vessel. Do you want to do that, or do you want to wait for the subarticle to get approved? You can fold both under this submission, if you'd prefer to do that.

10 light minutes is probably enough, yes. And thank you for the torpedoes.

As for the rest of this, can we talk in PM? Or tag me in a room on chat. Thanks kindly.

I was planning on resubmitting it when I got new technology as different versions. This s the base Article, I will be adding MkIA, MkIB, ect ect as I get new tech or make minor changes. This is just the base vessel.

Define fold both under? Do you mean have them both under this approval submission? I can add the MkI-A if you would like to the main page.

Last edited:
I believe I have added the detail required. I hope the comparison to the Yui-7 was not a full comparison. I don't think I could fully and completely match with that as it stands right now.

Much better. Thank you kindly, Edto. Though next time, can you please wait for approval before posting RP using it?

Approved.

Hey, I need the speed adjusted on this article so it meets the starship speed standard. The current speed stats don't seem to be in line with the rest of the SARPiverse. I think the checklist should have been used to avoid oversights like this.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back