• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

NMX Forces Update

Except for the NH-25, not a whole lot.

My uses of the NH-25 have assumed that it was built on a similar technology base to the NH-17, and included the prowess of the standard and the Psionic variant. It's distinction is that it can have legs, which it can rather spontaneously have burst into a tentacles - tentacle formation has been expressed as skirt-like. They're rather resistant, take several stun shots to disable, and considering what they can do with their legs they probably have a very significant ability to regenerate. The NH-25 tentacles can also produce Mishhu-like tentacles.

It's a neko, produced in vats or via youngling birth just like other nekos, though possibility was raised that it was possible to have Mishhuvurthyar soul transfered to a NH-25 body. The NH-25 is primarily associated with an independent faction calling itself the True Nekovalkyrja Empire. It's a faction of Nekovalkyrja and Mishhuvurthyar (or, as the hybrids state, both). Circumstancial evidence points at the NH-25 originating from Yamatai, more likely PNUgen before the company was raided for warcrimes.

There was a time when a special SAINT unit called Black Spiral was formed in order to be a bridge between the Nekovalkyrja and the Mishhuvurthyar. As there were never big neko rebellions back then, it's my running assumption that after Black Spiral made contact with Mishhuvurthyar willing to parlay (in which Melisson was involved too, which may be part of the reason why there's even an Interpreter-type Umbral body), the chance for Mishhu to be hybridized was offered and some took it. Between those first hybrids, Black Spiral, some people from PNUgen, any neko mentally altered by Melisson (she once took over an entire Star Army fleet) and perhaps others rogues like the Daughters of Eve ...they'd pretty much formed the first independent neko community, got educated, got to understand the Yamatai-side of the story better and...

Decided that Yamatai sucked, but could be made better. Part of them felt motivated enough to form a rebellion.

Pumpkin's wiki article reveals a lot on that stance. Back then, the momentum of the rebellion was mostly carried by the Daughters of Eve to the point where a good chunk of Black Spiral merged with them, while the rest were eventually convinced by Hanako to return to the fold (and eventually - and rightly, because Hanako was showing the utmost naivete back then - proved themselves to be agents working on the inside over at the 44th Fireteam plot; there will be a follow up to that in mine later). The back of that rebellion was mostly broken during the Miharu plot, but that doesn't change that - out there - there are True Nekovalkyrja Empire colonies (which Doshii and I will also address given time).

To this date, the NH-25 is likely the TNE's standard warlike neko body, with the NH-17 being a base for the rest of the neko population, gradually uprated to NH-25 when opportunity/ressource/whim strikes them. Sticking to the NH-25 makes sense since it's the last body before the great downgrade fad that started with Empress Ayame wanting nekos to have 'civilian bodies' at their disposal and Uesu got to work on it (the subsequent bodies like the NH-29 were just logical follow up on that still ongoing fad); the NH-33 Eihei probably doesn't hold a candle to the NH-25. The NH-19 "Mishhuvurthyar" is probably also still in use, because it's a dang good combat body for those dedicated to the vocation. I don't think Yamatai doesn't have the means to create NH-25 either; SARA must have kept the manufacturing specs despite PNUgen's defection. It's been alluded to that Mishhuvurthyar born in Yamatai are given the chance to soul transfer and that the NH-25 is a possibility (though I figure Wes would push for the latest neko body instead).

...and that's what I know about hybrids. The other I know is Khasidel's never-quite-approved-but-instated-anyways nightmare type... and that one I know about just as much about as anyone else that can read a wiki article.

Also @Fred what would think think of creating Mishu language (though not face roll keyboard names like we see mostly) species names for their numerous types and variations? A bit like how we have Unggoy for Grunts in Halo.

Pomiuytgyu.

This was me facerolling. Yes, I facerolled.

Seems like a fine Mishhu name too.

No to creating languages. Nashoba is masochistic/hardworking like that. I'm not. I'm happy with wet gurgling "I-chewing-through-wet-cardboard-and-uttering-random-syllables" names we have.

Pomiuytgyu.

This was me facerolling. Yes, I facerolled.

Seems like a fine Mishhu name too.

No to creating languages. Nashoba is masochistic/hardworking like that. I'm not. I'm happy with wet gurgling "I-chewing-through-wet-cardboard-and-uttering-random-syllables" names we have.

And something in the spirit of the various names I've used for possible new equipment for them?

Sure. Yours in the initial post weren't bad.

The weapons look pretty cool too. I've been describing railguns and blades that mishhu would loop coils of their tentacles around to hold and use. The pictures above seem to match those mental images of mine fairly well enough. Good stuff. :)

These are mostly intended to go either to the mishu themselves or to the hybrids and the thralls, could you see mishu using 'harness' systems on their carapaces to directly mount weapons tapped into their nervous systems? @Fred

I keep getting error messages when I try to "like" that post, but dang Arieg those look fantastic.

Going back to the NH-25, do any of you think it reasonable that they would be able to fully conceal their tentacles as human looking legs? If the extra mass/matter is a concern, it could all just go to their boobs when they've shape-shifted like this. Given the Nightmare and its propensity for combat, I imagined that the Hybrids were more subtle in contrast despite being very formidable themselves. That way, there's a sort of dichotomy between the two.

Well Nightmare is made in a way so it was capable to go toe to toe with Samurais. So I guess Hybrids will be a bit less tough? Basically a nromal neko with some mishu stuff attached? Some chiting, tentacles, sharp teeth, dunno.

Probably not. They're based off the NH-17, and that's some Old Strength there, so I reason they'd be on par with a Samurai but have the edge due to having so many limbs I believe. As for the Nightmare, I always thought that they were built to be superior to the Samurai. It's known that they have energy projection and chitinous armor, and it isn't a stretch that their physical abilities are at least the very same. Maybe it's uncomfortable thinking that they're this strong, but I point out it's not a bad thing; these are the antagonists, and they're meant to be beat, but they shouldn't be easy.

I feel that the bad guys are supposed to be superior in some way, shape or form so that victory is that much more satisfying.

Though since time flies, by now wouldn't there by hybrids of NH29 and 33 as well? I mean NMX caught quite a few nekoes in the war and it would be a stretch to say, they were all made just to be prisoners/breeders/both. As fro why I think Nightmare and Samurais are on par is because Samurai has excellent and long training.

For a moment I thought so too, but after sitting on it for a bit, I realized they probably didn't bother. Unlike other Neko, I believe the Hybrids can reproduce at the same pace as a Mishhu given their various reproductive organs as some RP has suggested. Not exactly the most 'wholesome', but it's canon.

These are mostly intended to go either to the mishu themselves or to the hybrids and the thralls, could you see mishu using 'harness' systems on their carapaces to directly mount weapons tapped into their nervous systems?
I don't believe this has its niche. Mishhu elites have their own power suits which likely bridge that (they were on the wiki once, but I can't find them). They can already carry easily four weapons with them in the number of tentacles they have too (well, classic Mishhu did, anyways); plastering weapons on their shells reduces their ability to aim them independantly considerably.

Going back to the NH-25, do any of you think it reasonable that they would be able to fully conceal their tentacles as human looking legs? If the extra mass/matter is a concern, it could all just go to their boobs when they've shape-shifted like this.
I don't think the NH-25 needs tweaking, and would argue vehemently in disfavor of that if this ever became pushed. Besides, NH-27 were capable of hemosynthetically forming battle tentacles from HS ports on each sides of their abdomen just from their blood/nodal storage. I don't think the leg-to-tentacle volume is much of a concern, not to mention swelling can also be a factor hinting at more volume for less mass.

Well Nightmare is made in a way so it was capable to go toe to toe with Samurais. So I guess Hybrids will be a bit less tough? Basically a nromal neko with some mishu stuff attached? Some chiting, tentacles, sharp teeth, dunno.
Probably not. They're based off the NH-17, and that's some Old Strength there, so I reason they'd be on par with a Samurai but have the edge due to having so many limbs I believe.
What Cadetnewb said. The NH-25 is an improvement on the NH-17, just like the NH-27 was an improvement on the same. The NH-25 narratively seemed to have an edge on a PC-controlled NH-27, similar strength and stealth, some psionics and the ability to have a lot more limbs with a toxin that could lay a NH-27 down flat after a few stings. PCs have considered the NH-25 a non-trivial threat, though in truth the best a NH-25 can prove is 'troublesome' - there's no standing up to anti-armor weaponry for them.

The NH-25 Pumpkin (Sakura plot) had a few tricks, but most of her means of attack were the same as any other nekos aside from her resistance to stun bolts. Her stealth counte for a lot more than anything else in my interaction with her - there was no catching her. Her tentacles were a threat, but they never actually delivered - I think the most significant part was how it help her manipulate/carry things. Being able to float around all the time also hints at anti-gravity control which can be sustained longer than other nekos.

The NH-25 Eve youngling's (Miharu plot) main highlight was her significant psionic powers. The was more unique to the character than the NH-25. All the NH-25 provided was the potential to be a psionic combattant. (considering the toning down of psionics on this site and how my plots were supposed to be the last holdovers of psionic as I got rid of most of them; it'd be potential seldom to never seen).

Another NH-25, Ume, wrapped her upper torso in a "tentacle coccoon" to protect herself from a nearby power armor firefight - so the expectation is that the tentacles can be tougher against harm (and more expendable) than the upper body.

Though since time flies, by now wouldn't there by hybrids of NH29 and 33 as well?
Not likely. The NMX are largely unrelated to the NH-25 and likely have next to no contact with the TNE like some elements (Melisson's former fleet) have with them. The closest they would come is if an NMX neko soldier did not perform and was punished, transfered to the fate of becoming a portable food supply/incubator for the SMX.

Unlike other Neko, I believe the Hybrids can reproduce at the same pace as a Mishhu given their various reproductive organs as some RP has suggested.
As far as I could tell - and my interpretation supports that - NH-25 aren't egglayers. Their legs/tentacles are versatile limbs, but they likely have nothing to do with the womb, nor would the neko have the space/room to have multiple youngling 'eggs' and then push them through tentacles. All the NH-25 get are retractable stingers.

This said, I think that while the NH-25 hybrid has her advantages, she's still basically a mishhutaur - a neko upperbody with shapechanging leg/tentacles. The Nightmare type by contrast is a neko-shaped Neo Mishhu and it's pretty much purpose-made for combat.

Pah, I am not masochistic. I have an affinity for languages, and enjoy making the Takavonai.

I don't get why people are giving the Impaler rifle a hard time for being ADR 1. The point of the Impaler was to make unarmored NMX troops a threat to armored Star Army troops, not to be a power armor weapon. ADR 1 is the maximum damage our rules allow a personnel weapon to have. If you want a weapon for the Mishhuvurthyar to use for the armor scale, create/use an actual armor-scale weapon instead of the NMX Neko's infantry rifle.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back