• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[NMX] High Level Talks

Zack

Inactive Member
Deep in the bowels of an NMX Command center>

~Today, I am a deal maker~ Fhion thought to herself as the light above her was turned on, illuminating her deeply tanned skin, slick yellow uniform, and dark hair that was tucked away under her uniform hat.

The light barely illuminated the surroundings, making the room seem to extend forever in all directions. Cable and stonework seemed to be suspended above her, the curves and glowing status lights forming sinister faces with dim red eyes while the rest just faded away into the darkness. In front of her stood the single massive, monolith desk that provided space for the older mishhu to watch as those on the floor made their speeches.

“I am here to provide a progress report on Nepleslian operations.” Fhion stated matter of factly, doing her best to hide the growing discomfort from being this deep inside of Aetherus Haven, a place she had only visited once before.

“Striking the Nepleslian Senate has exposed a large portion of our hidden assets on Nepleslia. This has led directly to the loss of many combat assets as well as the destruction of the majority of our Plauge stockpile. With our current stockpiles we should still be able to disperse enough of the bio-weapon to infect 13% of the population. The modified Plauge will allow us to render the infected unconscious when we launch our attack, causing critical strain on their infrastructure. To subdue the entire population we will need to deploy considerably more plague from orbit which will require that we secure the space around the planet first.

Assets such as battle pods and tanks that had to be used in the attack have also since been destroyed or disabled largely due to the efforts of Nepleslian civilians. This has greatly reduced our ability to target and destroy planet based anti-starship weapon systems. We currently project that we will only be able to destroy a small number of their launch sites prior to the arrival of our fleet.

“We have determined that the Nepleslian 1st fleet only has a few hundred starships able to defend Nepleslia. A few hundred more will likely arrive from Yamatai within ten to twenty minutes depending on their reaction time but we have a plan for that too.

We are already massing a fleet of for attack that is staging out of deep space near Higaflan. Our Megamishhu production plants were untouched during the Nepleslian’s attack on the system and are currently in full production.

They will be joined by a fleet of ships made to look like the Nepleslian DD4. These ships will join the fight shortly before the Yamatain ships arrive. We doubt we will be able to fool the Nepleslian ship’s own internal networks to think the ships are friendly but the Yamatain ships should have a difficult time telling them apart. We plan to use a large number of captured Yamatain ships as well. Likewise, the Yamtaians won’t be fooled by this but the Nepleslians should not be able to tell which ships are Yamatain and which belong to us. In addition to finishing construction of these ships there are numerous other pieces of gear that must be manufactured including new battlepods to counteract Nepleslian combat drones.

Finally, I plan to personally remove Heram Wazu from the battle. So far he is leading the only fleet that has been able to respond to our movements and by immobilizing it we should be able to prevent the Nepleslians from pulling any tricks out of their sleeve when the shooting starts. We have also reignited tensions between the government and the black syndicate, which should greatly reduce the amount of work our ground forces will have to carry out planetside.”

Two key Mishhuvurthyar were present:

Reiaz was the commander of all Mishhuvurthyar armed forces. A Dark One from the old order, he was interested in destroying all opposition.

Sprufnikkamazzar was the creator and the commander of the NMX. He was an older Mishhhuvurthyar interested in assimilation of the enemy factions.

- - -

Sprufnikkamazzar replied first. "I have been readying for an attack on Yamatai and Hoshi no Iori but the defenses are still very strong. If you attack Nepleslia, we can attack Yamatai at the same time in order to prevent the Yamataians from mounting a large response to invading Nepleslia."

"We could destroy Yamatai outright to ensure a complete victory," Reiaz commented, already knowing Sprufnikkamazzar disagreed.

"We can destroy key targets and keep the planet and its people for ourselves," the NMX commander countered. "But I am willing to use mass destruction weapons to ensure victory."

Reiaz spoke again. "We need to accelerate our progress in destroying the enemy's logistics. Shipyards and manufacturing centers should have already been destroyed by now."

"I have been attempting to whittle those away before attacking Yamatai," Sprufnikkamazzar explained. "Fhion, your attack should be useful in this area because it will take out a major hub of their industry. Afterwards a followup in their northern systems would be good...and Origin Industries needs to be annihilated still."

"We need," Reiaz growled, "to be much more aggressive. The days of being on the defensive are over. Push forward without holding any power back. I don't care what resources we miss out on assimilating."

Sprufnikkamazzar nodded grimly. "I will shift our strategy to be more destructive," he assured the Dark One. "Fhion, I think Yamatai and Nepleslia will just link their IFF systems to overcome your ruse. Scrounge up more brute force instead. I have our shipyards at maximum output. Hit the Nepleslians fast and hard and teach them what a complete and utter defeat looks like. And eliminate their best leaders like Wazu. With the Senate gone, Nepleslian leadership remains in chaos. The more we can disrupt it, the better. As for Yamatai, I intend to demoralize them and take on their industrial capacity."

“Yes Sir,” Fhion replied, as their new orders were relayed. She was certain that her plan to cause friendly fire incidents using duplicate ships and a mass of requests to link computer networks would work. She would forward the details on those particulars later.

“Have you reviewed the mission reports for the Senate operation on Nepleslia? We used an off the market vehicle with an aether power source to generate a blast large enough to destroy the senate structure and surrounding buildings. A similar method could be used on Yamatai and from what I understand Origin sells vehicles using high end power sources sufficient for this.

If the intention is to launch a simultaneous strike on Yamatai I would also like to make clear our plans for the initial space battle.

Prior to launching the main attack we intend to send in a small battle group that will approach Nepleslian space and then retreat. The nepleslians should see the fleet approaching and activate their defense systems as well as inform Yamatai what is occurring.

This operation will provide vital intelligence on the position and number of defense systems around Nepleslia as well as gauge reaction time for Yamatain forces. We could use this information to time our real attacks so that the bulk of their ships are in transit when your fleet arrives at Yamatai.

Similar feints could be launched at other worlds around Yamatai to draw away the planetary defense fleet. However, Yamatai and Origin are not part of my mission parameters.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back