• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Notification of new posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Inactive Member
How can we get it so it defaults to not notifying me when a reply is made to a post?

Opening my school inbox to find 238 new messages, the majority from [email protected] rounded out with a message from information services here saying that I have too many messages in my inbox isn't gonna fly. As a temporary solution I switched the email to my non-school address but it is mighty annoying unchecking the notify button each post.

Yes I have that, as a conveniance thing I link it to my Yahoo so that while I'm on Yahoo I'm informed instantly when anyone posts.

There should be an option in your profile you can unselect, and when you're posting there's a box you can untick.

Choose no for "Always notify me of replies" in your profile.

I actually have a comment to make for this. I have noticed there is a problem with the sites auto updater. The Chat page is sort of like my hub, and I will get notifications on sarp. However, the notifications won't show up until I have refreshed my page and clicked the notifications button again. It's a minor annoyance, but something I feel should be addressed. Anyone else have this problem, and has anyone found a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back