• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

NovaCorp (again)

Looking back on this old thread, it's a good example of why it's probably a bad idea to try to put hard numbers of energy and joules on articles for starships and vehicles. They don't really add much of value to the actual RP story and anytime you get numbers involved you're inviting an argument especially if they're not realistic (and it's a soft sci-fi space opera so it's hard to say what's realistic for the setting). The whole thing about watts and stuff is probably why we made a super-basic damage rating system so we could give those simple numbers instead of trying to haphazardly pretend we're all space engineers from the far future who would know these things.

Also I tried to find the forum in the OP but didn't find it. It probably makes the most sense to run Star Army RPs on Star Army's forums but, in theory, someone could run a Star Army RP on another site and then submit wiki updates to make it canon, I think.

in theory, someone could run a Star Army RP on another site and then submit wiki updates to make it canon

I don't think it's just a theory anymore. Doing this has been explicitly discussed with me at least twice in the last year. Also, some light RP discord stuff may have made it's way onto the wiki. Their primarily non-cannon soft rp, but some scenes have definitely become part of their characterization and a discord scene has been a direct lead in to a forum scene at least once. So at this point, it's moving a lot closer to "has happened".

RPG-D RPGfix
Back