• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

NovaCorp Starbase HQ

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
This is the last post I'm going to make untill I make my character.

I'm about to start designing the central base of NovaCorp, which is efectivley a very large spaceship with the bulk of the beauracrcy and research labs in it and wanted to know if there had been any presidents? By this I mean anything other than Hoshi no Yuri which is so technologicly advanced and so large that there is little I can learn from it.

While I'm at it, any advice? I'm going to slow down on my posting as I'm getting pretty sure that people are getting sick of me, sick of my crticism, my drawn out ideas and NovaCorp

See you after I make my character.

A central command ship is all about versatility. The mother ship from Homeworld and the Pride of Higara from HW2 as well as the kith-somtaw ships all survived their adventures because they were incredibly versatile. They had storage facilities, hanger bays, construction capabilities, FTL, command centers, Intel facilities, and ect as well as the ability to further modify themselves as the situation progressed.

QIS built an orbital ring system that was later named Helix. In a nutshell it was a self replicating star base capable of a multitude of tasks. The only reason it is still lasting is because of its ability to harvest resources independently so it can grow and modify itself

ISDF mother ships (battlezone2) are not easily modified but can gather their own resources and thus operate for extensive periods of time away from earth.

So to boil it down to three things, versatility, resource gathering, manufacturing ability.

Also, if you want help designing the ship or want me to try making a 3d model tell me.

I'm about to start designing the central base of NovaCorp, which is efectivley a very large spaceship with the bulk of the beauracrcy and research labs in it and wanted to know if there had been any presidents
Check out the Iori Star Fortress (made by KFY). Also, there's the Tienshinhan (NDI).

Very nice. Rob and I have designed the rudiments of a Star Base now, looked at it, decided we didn't have quite enough money to construct it and so instead I'm designing a fleet construction yard to match the ship production of NovaCorp for some time to come. After I've finished the design I'll post it.

You know, Novacorp could probably afford to start looking into a starbase again, now that they've make some major profits.

Yes, thank you for reminding me. I'll work on it after some of my other projects *sighs*, it just gets harder and harder.

Rob said:
Bah... I STARTED building one, but I like detail... too much space, not enough vagueness...
I know what you mean. That's why most of KFY's ships (especially my obvious favorites for plots like the Yui, Nozomi, and Sakura) are small.

Any updates on this? Is Horizon City still NovaCorp's HQ?

Indeed it is. Creating a star-based the variety of which we were considering is a truely momentous task and to be honest - very very hard. Filling everything up is the very least of our problems but I shall work on either a starbase or a revamp of the Destiny to serve in roughly the same capacity as the Horizon.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back