• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

NovaCorp Xaser Pistol

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Lots of people had suggestions for this. I forgot some. If you can remember them and I've left them out, please comment. As always commenting on the price would be most usefull.

No-XP-01

NovaCorp Xaser Pistol

The NovaCorp Xaser Pistol grew out of the technology needed to make the Xaser Assault Rife, and uses even more recent advances in EMR laser technology, capable of focusing to beam to an even greater degree than the Xaser Rifle, so even though the shots are less powerful, they are more efficient, able to deal more damage with the same amount of power. This is combined with significantly more advanced battery technology. The beam of the Xaser Pistol retains the extreme penetrating ability of the XAR, capable of going through armour and such objects as walls easily and still damages the organic on the other side. It doesn't only damage organics, but also retains its damaging potential against solid objects due to the high energy of the blasts, and plays havoc with circuitry. A Xaser blast in the vicinity can seriously damage it. Due to its penetration ability it takes away almost all advantages that scenery might have, unless that scenery is several metres of lead. It is extremely damage to organics, not least because its great penetration means the burn wound goes all the way through, even if it didn't have enough power to cut a hole, and even if it doesn't kill leaves horrible burns, kills most tissue it touches and can easily make cells that survive cancerous. It is not a weapon to use if you want to subdue someone, and wounds will have to be treated or they will likely become cancerous, and develop radiation poisoning, often fatal. The shots are also invisible and silent, and if on a low enough power setting don't leave a mark on the target (if targeted at the head, a low yield shot can kill without leaving an external mark).

The XP-01 uses a high yield battery a Noc-02. It's rechargeable and holds enough power to fire 50 blasts. Although the number of shots the pistol can fire is the same as the rifle, the batteries are much smaller and yield much more power for their size. The amount of shots remaining are shown roughly by a LCD on the side. It can be fired in three different power modes: normal, low (leaves no mark as detailed above), and high (deals more damage, takes up two charges, extra heat often causes explosions through rapid heat change). There are three separate buttons to press on the side to change between power settings. The pistol does not come with a sniper sight, but there is laser targeter at the bottom of pistol.

The firing time of the pistol is very low, it tends to be able to fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, and for a 300 ks bonus you can buy the burst version which can fire five blasts as you hold the trigger down.

The guns frame is made of perfect iron, while the plating and the plating is formed of perfect diamond. The barrel is made of Carbon ring, in order to stand up to random xaser beam fluctuations in the barrel, if the weapon isn't aligned properly. The grip is made of easy to grip plastic.

Price: 1000 KS (1300 for burst)

Noc-02: 100 ks for the rechargeable battery
5 slot recharger for 500ks.

Semiautomatic means one shot per trigger pull. The 5:1 firing pistol is a semi auto with a burst fire setting.

Also, if you're going to do a frame as heavy and solid as p.iron, you might as well use a tactical rubber grib, or possibly synth. wood, though the rubber would grip better...

Also, how can a low power setting on something that kills by burning a giant hole in a person leave "no mark"? And why doesn't the rapid energy discharge through a gaseous medium cause the same effect it usually does, this being a thunder clap?

Just askin'...

Your concern is well recieved. The first point is due to Thomas' lack of knowledge about guns. We are in Britain, we do not have guns, apart from in the millitary and police. I meant burst fire. I know due to games, more games, and the army cadets.

The second is being corrected to rubber. We meant that.

The third doesn't kill by leaving a burn through the body. It only kills when targeted at the brain, where the damage need to kill is much less. Even if it doesn't kill it causes brain damage (severe), and pain.

As for the thunderclap, the amount of energy is much less than that of a lightning bolt, which creates the thunder effect.

Meh

Side note: You British "blokes" have the internet access to gun info sites and airsoft guns in your country. Check 'em out. ^_^

Ooh, a Dragunov! I'm so jealous, Wes! I got to take my dad's Interarms .30-06 out to the range the other day along with some pistols and couple of shotguns (shot some skeet from a portable thrower). That was funtimes.

PS: I love .357 Mag...

technococcus said:
Ooh, a Dragunov! I'm so jealous, Wes! I got to take my dad's Interarms .30-06 out to the range the other day along with some pistols and couple of shotguns (shot some skeet from a portable thrower). That was funtimes.

PS: I love .357 Mag...

I remember using a .45 for the first time. What's the point of the caliber if the kickback is so horrible? ;p

Should make a pistol like that, where the recoil is so strong it takes a moment to realign and fire again. A 'don't miss the first time' shot?

1122692962428.png

Here's an image I made for it. Looks great. I figure the colors can be customized when ordering, too.

So, I made one in X-TREME green. Here's how it went.
1122697025149.png

wes_of_stararmy: (posts URL) X-TREME pistols
Thad: X-TREME!
wes_of_stararmy: Kids love our X-TREME X-ray laser pistols!!
wes_of_stararmy: CAN YOU HANDLE THE MOTHERFUCKIN' POWER, KIDS?
wes_of_stararmy: SKATEBOARDING 100 MPH DOWN AN ICY MOUNTAIN ROAD!! SUDDENLY, AN AMBUSH OF NINJA CYBORGS!
wes_of_stararmy: BUT I HAVE MY X-TREME PISTOL!
wes_of_stararmy: wtfpwn! wtfpwn!
Thad: BUY AN X-TREME MOD THAT ALLOWS YOUR X-TREME PISTOL TO PLAY X-TREME MUSIC WHILE AVOIDING NINJAS.
wes_of_stararmy: X-TREME MUSIC FOR X-TREME LIVING!

*Laughs* I also made a shorter version, for easy carry/concelament.
This example's in red.

1122697877854.png

1122704676752.png

Novacorp Xaser Rifle with BU-P50R Battery as power source. Partially based on GP-5 for familiarity. The colors are less bright because a rifle is more for military use instead of personal use. Note the Nepleslian logo on it. If it's affordable, Nepleslia is interested in a contract for large numbers of this variant.

Random Trivia: The soldier depicted on the Nepleslian flag is supposed to represent the soldier who was the last survivor of his colony, who singlehandedly managed to clear the colony of vordachibean invaders using a bolt-action shotgun.

1122680136250.png

NovaCorp Plasma Pistol, design predecesor to the Xaser Pistol.

Here's some confusing parts of the description that need fixing:

so even though the shots are less powerfull, they require less power to make damage

Although it is the same as the rifle, the batteries are much smaller

and for a 300 ks bonus you can buy the semi automatic version which can fire five blasts as you hold the trigger down.

Also, a spellcheck wouldn't hurt. I'd like to put this up on the site somewhere too, with all the other NC stuff, kind of like what I did with the Type 27 and 28 or the old WickedArms site.

Alterations made. It is now burst rather than semi-automatic.

Big mistakes on my part.

Put it through spellcheck, didn't come up with much.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back