• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Notably Possible News [NPN] Volunteers Needed By Whale Conspiracy: Freespacers Not Traumatized By Genocide Found

By Rock T. Sturgeon
Political Correspondent on Yamatai, Notably Possible News

SANDRA has recently issued an announcement asking for military volunteers to combat a mysterious new alien threat.

The bloodthirst of whales knows no bounds, as we see in the recent missive posted by SANDRA asking for volunteers to return to combat readiness. Yui "Save the Freespacers" Ketsurui is leading the charge in getting all of the newly-drafted DATASS signatories to prepare as well, to war with this latest menace: smelly anarcho-communist space hobos who have not yet been scarred by the incredible, world-shaking horrors of genocide, internment and attempted brainwashing and made into jaded survivalists.

"Don't quote me out of context," said one Yamataian official, when asked if navigational lasers that didn't rate in combat against anything lighter than unarmored infantry, low-effectiveness resource recycling measures and whimsical solar sails posed a major threat to the hegemony of the Star Empire. Later saying "...yes...".

"Fuck whales and all those cat bitches that don't put out," said Mark Five, a passerby we interviewed.

"Kind of weird, ishn't it? Seems like there's some new... footily weird race showing up every few months these days, isn't there?" Commented local expatriate Linda Gregland, as we approached just outside an area bar.

"I'm joining a volunteer relief agency, since apparently there's some serious damage in some of the civilian areas. I really hope we can avoid another war." Claimed Akio Kurowa, a whale sympathizer and former SAoY soldier even as we could sense the terrible whale-lust and blood-hunger emanating from her.

For now, the signatory states of DATASS haven't responded, although we expect official statements shortly. Whether DATASS will be backed up by Nepleslian politicians or DATASS will be smacked down by Lorath politicos unwilling to get dragged into another venture of Yamataian military adventurism remains to be seen.

For NPN, this is Rock Sturgeon, signing off.

More on This Story
----

RPG-D RPGfix
Back