• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission NRM Type 45 Particle Beam Rifle

demibear

Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Character Forum Mod
Next up from the Reds' backlog, the notImpaler.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello, could you wikify the Impaler mention into a link?

Am I to understand that this is a weapon, manufactured by a corporation, but it's not actually sold on the market? How is its production paid for?

The wiki link is at the very top, but I can duplicate it. The original intent was to be an internal use item so they didn't flood the market with it. I can see some scum quartermaster selling them on the black market. As for how it would be paid, internally with the resources they mine/FDC membership fees. Not a huge amount of them would be made since the Bushi Carbine is intended as the standard service rifle at the moment.

I just asked because I'm starting to try to police the amount of items that people put into the setting (in general, not you specifically) that are basically "the corp makes a product but there's no customers, it only makes it for itself" which seems like the opposite of making a profit. Corporations who don't have actual buyers/customers should go out of business IMO. So I hope to keep asking this for other submissions. In other words I think there should be a paying customer for products made (or in the case of military stuff, some unit that uses the equipment).

Also I want to say that I really like how to commissioned art for this! It looks great!

Submission approved!

Understandable, I'll make it for the open market. Now to advertise it in the DION, lol.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back