• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[NSMC 309th] Mission 2: Creating Hope

Joe had been wiping down his station and doing his final checks as he heard the radio check even though the heaset sat dangling from a hook on the ceiling. Grabbing the set he slipped it on smoothly and keyed in, "Soko Neko here, radio check good."

He was glad that Fitz seemed in good spirits as she prepped herself. He was glad to be working beside her and he knew he would learn a lot, he was even glad for Ella. He knew she didn't get a long with most people but he was determined to give her space and still learn a thing or two from the driver. He finished up a few more things in regards to the loading and radio station.

Big Wall

The Sargent nodded at Private Zhou and let out a low whistle as she looked from the large Nepleslian woman to the Aggressor. "I doubt Lord Slepp has seen a more devoted Marine. I think it looks good. It definitely beats that dick magnet they stuck on Minnie." She gave the Marine an approving thumbs up as she tucked her cover into her pocket.

Chiaki's voice blurted from the helmet's external speakers, tossing a bulky, armored finger at the blessed armor, "What the? Has our Aggressor always looked like that? No... Who's been pouring wax on our equipment!?"

Autumn grinned at the archaic blessings on the Aggressor and pulled on her helmet, letting it seal and conceal her face as she sent a reply broadcast to Chiaki. "It's always looked like that, Sir. Well, the paint scheme and the fur is new. I don't think the paint job the technicians put on it looks that bad. Do you think the fur is a little much? Maybe it needs more fur around the joints like a big polar bear?"

"The last thing we need is the militiamen hunting one of our aggressors because they mistook it for a bear," answered Chiaki, in response to the honeyed words of the unit's newly minted Sergeant. She caught a look from his yellow eyes behind the visor that said a few unspoken things in her direction. Albeit as pointless as that was. "No wonder I've been catching hell from the new Div O in maintenance, hardly could believe her when she complained about one of the Aggressors being turned into a shrine. Honestly thought she was just harping about decals, and the smart appearance line on the maintenance checklist. I didn't think we had converted it to an actual shrine."

"Soko Neko here, radio check good."

"Roger that, this is 2nd Lieutenant Chiaki, I'll be bouncing reports your way. I'm linking up our suits positions to yours," Kokuten turned away from the armor for a moment to answer the call. He began to toy with his HUD and brought up the map. With the controls to the edge of the helmet, he set a marker on where the truck sat. Then, he forwarded it through the line. "I put up some simple coordinates through the line, are you reading anything on your end?"

The 2LT turned around to the others and threw up another finger, "If I had known anything about it, I probably wouldn't have had to coax so hard to redirect her ire elsewhere."

Last edited:
Inside Soko-Neko

Fitz had given Joe a soft elbow to the ribs on the way inside the tank. Once in she began work on checking the gun alignment and on checking the rounds. "Doesn't matter how straight you shoot if you're shooting too fast Joey." She stuck her tongue out at him and continued to work smoothly and quickly in the confined space. It was obvious that she was used to this kind of environment. "By the way, you do know the differences in the casings for each of these rounds right? If you're going to help I don't want you loading the wrong thing."

Big Wall
Juno watched the troops pour out of the truck, with Fitz and Joe moving off to to the tank before Ella. That sight alone had been enough to make him thankful for the brief break. It was like the shy driver had been content with getting out of her sweaty shrine of a driver's section.

Of course, his attention was tugged from considering the personal growth rather quickly with the changes that had been made to the Aggressor. Zhou was an eccentric giant of a woman with muscles and tits that put an ID-SOL to shame in sheer size sometimes... but her work to the machine had definitely made the Kuznyetski male size up the Aggressor. But unlike his second, who was eccentrically flashing his color-changing eyes and carrying on in an official capacity, the large form of Juno walked his way over to Zhou's side. She'd feel the pat of his gloved hand on her back, his eyes looking up at the fierce eye of the Aggressor.

"Make sure that you keep it looking proper between battle, or we'll need to remove it all." His body turned to allow him to face down with the others who were still present, including the previous gunner for the Soko via Tim's presence. "Duville, stash your crap in the tank along with the other two's stuff. McClosky, you'll be storing yours in the APC's driver section. Everyone else will be handing Zhou their bags and gear once she's suited up in the Aggressor."

He pauses to point over at the platoon work area, his eyes turning once more to the huge woman as his cybernetic hand grabbed Zhou's shoulder somewhat awkwardly thanks to their sheer width.

"I want you to put them over there. The platoon staff will handle getting everyone's bunks set up as we get the new and proper base set-up."

His hand released the amazon as a good eight Nepleslian recruits were making their way over. They were 309th as well, strapped up in Golems. One of them wore the crewman jacket instead, a thin 5'6" with dark brown skin and her hair tied back in dreads. She wore a visor, likely a replacement for eyes, as she approached Tim with a nod. The other seven moved to the gateway, comprised of entirely men in contrast to the gender-equal platoon, and were knocking at the walls. The massive gate began opening upward, the group of recruits seeming to pause before a more hardened individual broke from the platoon's work area. An older male with red-blotched pale skin, testaments to intense burns that led to color disfiguration. His hair was completely absent, wrinkled with the first signs of age as the burn-survivor barked out as loud as he could.

"Let's go, Bravo! Time to show you got the balls for the 309th!"

A kick at the back of one of the timid soldiers got a few laughing, but all of them moving. The veteran paused, turning as Juno moved up to Chiaki next. Step by step, the old Nepleslian moved over as the truck's last occupants were emptied and the two local girls moved to Minnie while the massive militia-based ID-SOL made his way to Autumn's side.

APC
The short female had climbed into the vehicle's back without much ceremony. Her uniform was clinging to her flat chest well, the female scoffing as she pulled at one of the seats of the APC. "We'll need to perform a maintenance check if we don't bite it in this one, boss. Those engineers should have noticed these could come loose if we rolled. Standard soldier load would give anyone with even a quarter of ID-SOL blood the kind of weight to do that shit..."

The dark-skinned woman turned her visor at Tim, her scowl fading somewhat to a more neutral expression as she realized that she had to work with someone.

"I'm Corporal Helene Cruel. You and me were picked out to bite one together? To think I'd get a chance to fight, but I'm not even in command of my own vehicle... what's your name?"

Officer Huddle
"Lieutenants." A brief salute came from the squad leader, the man standing at a more average and flat six-foot compared to the short crewman Tim got. "I'll be taking the recruits out to clear the initial path. Then we'll wait for pick-up." His eyes turned to Chiaki, the Golem-strapped male letting his RKAR sink into the crook of his arm before he extended a hand. "I'm Sergeant Nickles. Juno here and I fought alongside each other back in the day... looks like I get to see what the newblood brings, Second Lieutenant.

Autumn and Minnie's Grouping
"You like that gift? I better see that magnet or I might just have a go at you later." The metal-chested of the militia women jabbed a finger against the unarmored Minnie's chest, the metal-jawed companion giving her friend an elbow to her arm. Not like she could elbow the ribs of someone with a metal torso.

"Sorry about that." The woman adjusted the duster she now war, the ballistic vest underneath shifting over her small chest as she made deliberate eye-contact with the Mouse. "We'll be backing you up. Personal protection for the medic."

The large ID-SOL of the group turned his gaze over his shoulder to watch the pair, then turned his gaze to the officers before sighing down to Autumn.

"I heard you got promoted. Congrats." The icebreaker of an opening talk led the male to extend his newly cybernetic arm before looking at her properly. "Back in the day, I'd have torn my enemies apart for a promotion while I served. Nothing like recognition for service... but don't forget that the enemies ahead will be armed with some suits of Power Armor. I'll take them on if the big girl gets too busy with her own problems... just point and I'll see what I can do."

Soko Neko
The crackle of Nepleslian responses on other nearby channels kept the buzzing of the comms going for Joe, even if it wasn't active for them. The radio was working, though they could hear a buzz to life as the skies hummed audibly enough for even the tank crew to hear it. Outside, it was a familiar and identifiable buzz of fightercraft roaring through the heavens. The increased traffic of their deployment made sure the Nepleslian encrypted channels in proximity buzzed as a reminder of the growing presence of Nepleslian forces.

@Kim @Bilgecrank @HAMnJAM @Charmaylarg Dufrain @SirSPT @Primitive Polygon @Whitehart @Syaoran Apologies on the delay. Time to get the gears of war grinding again.

Officer Huddle

"And I get to see what the old guard carries forward," smiled Chiaki, returning the salute before cuffing his armored mit onto Nickles', the glow under his visor burning a bit brighter. He gave the Sergeant a firm shake, nodding his helmet in the man's direction. A small, knowing smile spread on his face, and he tossed a thumb in Juno's direction. "If Lieutenant Juno is any indication, those Boots are in good hands. I rode down with most of them on the Heckler, good kids, if not a little star-struck. If you're not careful, you might catch a little of their moto, it gets contagious out here in the field."

The Second Lieutenant slapped his hands together at that, rattling his rifle a bit, "I suppose if you're on point, that means we're just ahead of the tanks. I'll be honest, Sergeant, I'd send Private Zhou forward with you if we didn't need her with the unit. Close-Range Indirect Support is becoming more and more crucial these days with how prevalent surface warfare has become. From what Sergeant Wilde has told me, these insurgents are tricky, and hard to flush out with the ability to shell a position. Though, part of my responsibilities down here is to help coordinate the fire-support network from the kids up front to the heavier assets in the back. If you need guns, we've got plenty."

Outside Soko-Neko

Ella looked forward at the medic blocking her path to safety like a deer caught in the headlights of a drunk driver. A faint escaped her whimper lips before the yelling of Juno snapped her back into attention and gave her the escape she needed. She gave a quick glance around as more troglodytes surrounded Minnie before quickly slipping away to grab the rest of the tank crew's bags before scrambling into the driver's hatch and slamming it shut.

With most of the world shut away, the driver let out a sigh of relief and pushed the rest of the crew's gear off her lap and behind her seat to make a improvised barricade. Once everything, she glanced around the driver's area to make sure all the pictures were in their right place...

Big Wall

The young doctor nodded to the twins not unenthusiastic, Confirming upon dawning the last of her armor that her good luck charm was still centered over her heart on her chest piece. She was concerned about Ella and her behavior and sent the lieutenant a message, Short and sweet, Knowing he should see it eventually.
Duville is unhinging. Mania and a possible episode inbound, Peri or post mission. Want me to sack her?

Chiaki looked rather busy in the huddle so Minnie stowed her jockey and set herself back to other duties she had to attend to before the mission could proceed like making sure everyone present with cybernetics like the twins and even the officers where rated for cold, Lest their 'netics conduct too much negative temperature and they end up freezing where they met flesh and causing irreparable harm that would require additional surgery, Bringing her back to the attention of the twins before her.

"Thanks, Valentine." She nodded in appreciation and introduced herself in an attempt to get some names out of them before she fell into calling them Tiny Tits and Metal Chest While ignoring the over enthused girls play at her. Her pupils dilated in and out and she appraised them, Trying not to look too impressed at their visible augments and the damage they caused with them in their first encounter before offering some gratitude. "You two rated for cold? Got laqcuer and salve if you need 'em".

Valentine said:
Duville is unhinging. Mania and a possible episode inbound, Peri or post mission. Want me to sack her?

The Second Lieutenant turned his head suddenly, cutting from the conversation, "One second, Sergeant. I just got something from my Medic."

He brought up a hand to his helmet, tacking at the data-slate slotted into it, before tugging it out. The DataJockey was a rather fancy veteran's model, a bit worn from consistent use and a bit blemished. With a swipe of his finger, and thankful prayer to whosoever listened in the dark galaxy that the gloves could register on a touch screen, he brought up Valentine's conversation. She was listed as Valentine, with a small candid shot of her face in deep concentration. He had taken the shot from a candid picture of her handling a Marine that did not like needles. Chiaki would have used a better picture, as he liked to have faces to names in his DataJockey, but even the staunchest of women in the Corps turned into shadows at the sight of a camera lens.

It took him a moment to analyze the meaning of the message, Duville had been the subject of debate since the time the group first settled down at the Knucklewetter. He had wondered if the extensive combat had gotten to her, but he had suspicions that combat fatigue wasn't the case. There were only certain stimuli to her behavior, but the squad officer decided it was better to be safe than sorry.

Chiaki said:
Post-mission, following the after-combat medical screenings, make sure she knows to stand-by when hers is done.

Thick Squad
Autumn's visor looked up at the ID-SOL and she nodded. "I did, thank you." The armored Sergeant considered the man's offer before she gave him a thumb's up. "Definitely appreciate the reminder and the offer, I will direct you to the next nearest enemy tin can to crush." Her visor flickered clear for a moment as she grinned up at him. Even in the Golem armor, she was dwarfed by the ID-SOL, her frame was small though she was average height for a Geshrin woman. "How's the arm?" She indicated the new 'netic.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back