• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: NSS Alliance [[NSS Alliance]] In the Wake of the Storm

After having a nice long shower, Autumn felt calmer and much more relieved as she stood in the dressing area with a towel wrapped loosely around her body. Two weeks of leave is a long time. I think I can keep myself busy, it is a port town. She thought with a grin on her face as she got dressed. Her clothing was very plain, a black short sleeve t-shirt, a pair of flattering loose fitting blue jeans and a pair of black work boots. Her idea of accessorizing was very military "chic"- a gunbelt with her service .45 ZA and various pouches containing things she might need.

She picked up her data pad and sent a quick text to Ian.

P3C Autumn Wilde said:
Ian,

Where you wanna meet up before we hit shore side?
I still have a little too much energy for my own good. =)

She slid the data pad into a hip holster pouch on the right side of her belt next to her service pistol's holster. She double checked her pistol to make sure that her safety's were on and she had at least 1 extra full magazine available before she tightened the laces on her boots and gathered her gear.

Autumn jogged to the bunkroom and stowed all of her gear neatly back into her duffel bag. You know... fuck it. I'll just get new stuff on leave, I know that we just got paid. This bag can get sent over the Kenni.

She took a moment to brush her hair into a more presentable manner before she lightly cracked the knuckles in her right hand before exiting the bunkroom. She looked back into it with a light shrug of her shoulders, she hadn't gotten to really sleep since she had arrived on the Alliance so she really couldn't say that she'd miss the boat. As far as she knew, all of her friends would be joining her on the Kenni- so there would be no goodbyes, just business as usual.

Trey Had by now grabbed his gear and taken that shower he'd wanted. unlike many of the other soldiers who were leaving, He kept his uniform on, thinking it made him look a bit more professional, though the stubble which he'd forgotten to shave once again did nothing to help this image. Remembering the message Deon had left, he grabbed his datapad and quickly sent:

P2C Trey Penton said:
Hey, Deon, where are you, I'll hit you up for that beer, it should give me time to schedule a trip back to my family. Can't be bored if we're having a shore leave, can I?

Putting the pad away, The tall man walked towards the place where most of the other soldiers seemed to be gathering up.

After a quick bit of cleaning up and a change of clothing Deon headed out himself. A smile on his face as he saw Trey heading the same way. "Hey Trey! Right behind ya man!"

Like a lot of the others he was in fairly casual clothing. A simple white t-shirt under an open denim jacket, equally well worn jeans below that, and army boots on his feet. The look finished off by a pair of Uno's, and the case carrying his personal pool stick slung over one shoulder.

"Got the message you sent, though I'll admit family wasn't the first thing that came to mind when it comes to blowing two weeks. Are yours that close by?"

Re:C. Ian McCain said:
A bar. You pick one.
Ian dropped the datapad into one of the large pockets on his cargo pants. He scratched the back of his head before pulling on his heavy jacket. The Chief took a look in the nearby mirror. He could barely see the gigantic combat knife on his side or the equally gigantic pistol in its shoulder holster.

Ian left the marine quarters, having not exactly figured out where exactly the trip to shore leave started.

Autumn grinned and paused. She didn't know that area well enough to pick a bar off the top of her head but she thought that Rico did.

You got mail! said:
To: Sgt Sanroma, Rico

Subject: Bar?

Hey Babe, what bars are the best planet side? Also can you help me pick out a new arm before we start the drinking?

- Autumn

She hit send and replaced the data pad in her pocket before she walked towards the ship's shuttle bay. She hoped that there would be one to ferry the Marines to the planet since one already left for Cirrus Station.

Kagura glanced to Gran and sighed, glancing as a watch she had on her left wrist. "I was going to head to Nepleslia and sent a message to the Scorpion to pick me up but apparently there's nobody on the bridge to acknowledge them." she sighed, showing him a text message on a communicator that said something about it like.

"Please be patient, they aren't responding."

After a bit of a wait, the Alliance's AI sent a transmission to the nearby craft.

Code:
This is the NSS Alliance. Please state your name, ship registration number, and business. We are currently engaged for docking with Starbase Hayes above Nepleslia, so please be swift with your response. Thank you.

The Scorpion would return the message to the Alliance peacefully:

This time, Ally's reply was more prompt.

Code:
Please proceed to Starbase Hayes to pick up you captain. I believe you will be able to coordinate with her there. Please hail the starbase to request docking permissions before beginning approach. Thank You.

Ran was already starting to get a little buzzed, what with the liquid in the previously full bottle of schnapps noticeably drained. Shaking off the disgust associated with the taste of alcohol in his burp, the Chief pulled out one of his few cigars. The reason for him having so few cigars is mainly because he simply did not have any. Somewhere in the Alliance, a random Caretaker would wake up to find his stash gone. Placing the end in his mouth, he lit the other end and inhaled deeply, feeling a slight burn on his tounge and in his nostrils as he let out smoke from them. He would pay for it in the morning.

He reached behind his neck to scratch at where the tag on his shirt was making his skin itch. He hated shirts with tags. "So what are you guys planning on for two damn weeks? Furthermore, good job back on Kennewes." He wiped his mouth on the back of his hand and took another drag from the cigar. "I noticed a certain someone only gave one of that damned PA's aether cannon to the Master General." He was referring to Harrison. Yes, the years Ran spent in the more higher enlisted grades allowed him to pick up on such minor forms of sneaky-ness.

Ran glanced over to the bottle of schnapps, and wondered out loud: "Fuck, how long is this gonna take? I should've taken a nap instead of wait by the damn exit."

"Cool your jets, boss. Said cannon won't work on my armor. 'Sides-" and here Harrison smirked slightly- "Thought Master General Westwood and his boys would like a nice, fat steak to chew on for a while. It's better than not dragging home anything." He grinned just a bit wider around the cigar that was in his mouth.

Autumn meandered her way to the exit where she noticed Ran and the others were kicking around. "Hi Cadet Rui!" She waved at her fellow amputee with a bright smile. "Where ya getting your new arm at?" She had managed to calm down enough to not completely slur her speech together but she was still talking fairly fast.

She stood near them an rocked on her heels unable to stand still. The Geshrin woman fiddled with her artificial arm uncertain of what she wanted out of a new one, she just didn't like the idea of an all in one piece of equipment that ran the risk of having the entire thing need to be replaced with one broken component.

"Fairly close by" trey answered Deon "My family all live in Roger Wilco city, and it's been a few months since i've seen my daughters; they'll want to know if papa's safe." He closed his eyes, remembering their faces, and his wife's, and gave a light chuckle. "But anyway, i'll need to make travel plans before I go, 'cause it's better to be safe than sorry, and i'd hate to be stuck on Nepleslia or in a starbase when the time to join our new ship comes" .

Fay had wandered the ship, trying to find something to do or something to talk to. He sighed as he passed several fellow marines that didn't even acknowledge him. He eventually found an exit where a few more marines had grouped. The medic carefully crept closer, not trying to draw attention to himself, but deep down, hoping to be noticed.

"What do you mean, 'not dragging home anything'?" Ran popped the cigar out of his mouth for this one, swimming in his own choking, warm smoke. "You got yourselves home in one piece and didn't let anyone die. That ought to be reward enough." He took a sip of the schnapps next to him in order to keep his buzz going, already feeling the moody effects of him coming down from it. The mentioning of his name behind him, especially it being a female's voice, distracted him.

"Hi Cadet Rui!" She waved at her fellow amputee with a bright smile. "Where ya getting your new arm at?"

"Who in the hell...?" He thought to himself. The only other women that had recently joined that he'd met prior to Kennewes were Cheza and Kagura, and his time with Alpha prevented him from getting to know anyone else. Panicking in this socially awkward (for him) situation, his eyes darted to the name tag on the woman's uniform, then to her rank bars, and was set. "Dunno, Wilde." He offered her, and everyone else, a sip of his schnapps. "Know a good place to get some cybernetics? I was gonna ask Kagura, but I can't find her."

While discreetly checking out this newest female addition to the group, the Chief's eyes wandered over to the medic that was approaching them at a rather slow pace. It's said that the eye is attracted to rapid movement, necessitating snipers and the like to move slowly while camouflaged. But in social settings, the sight of a person moving slowly towards another person is what drew the most attention. Smirking at this, the Chief cupped his hands to his mouth, almost dropping schnapps onto himself in the process, and screamed:

"MEDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then beckoned the medic over. "Hey...speaking about medics." He turned to the rest of the group. "Anyone seen Kokuten lately? I must've missed him during the briefing or something."

Autumn registered the awkwardness, then it occurred to her that while she had been directed to meet up with Ran when she first arrived on the ship and Ally had given her a picture and an arrow to find and recognize him... she had actually never introduced herself to him. They had bumped into each other very briefly just before the briefing in the med bay but again.. no name.

The armorer grinned anyway, she had time to meet people now that their leave period was starting. "Please feel free to call me Autumn, sir. I'm not sure I'd want to visit the same people that did Kagura's arm... she seems to have problems with the connections when she showers." She did notice that Kagura was indeed absent. "That is a question, where is the Dear Heart? I'll ping her on her data pad, I haven't really seen her since the briefing."

She took her data pad out of her pants pocket of her pants and sent Kagura a quick message.

S3C Wilde said:
Hey Hun,

Where'd you run off to? You joining the drinking later or you being anti-social again?

Autumn

Kagura had long since walked off onto Starbase Hayes to go "home" to the Scorpion that'd gotten permission to dock for the day. They needed to resupply a little bit anyway; with tools and stuff like that. When her cellphone-like communicator went off and had the message from Autumn, the pirate captain laughed as a few young women in casual looking uniforms with an emblem on the back in the dock.

"Oh hey Autumn, I'm here on the starbase, about to visit my ship to see if things are still going as I left them. If you want, you guys can come with us to go down to Nepleslia to get your new parts fixed up and upgraded.

-Kagura.

Fay arched an eyebrow before joining the group. Several people were chatting, but he didn't recognize anyone. Hell, the only person that he really knew was Adrian, and they hadn't seen each other in quite a while. The Geshrin/Nepleslian Hybrid was a little quiet, not really knowing what to talk about. Finally, he thought of something, "How many of you are going to transfer to the NSS Melissa-Kenni?" This would give him a chance to get to know some of his future crewmates.

"Over here, kid!" Harrison's hand shot into the air. "Soldier Second Class William Howard harrison, Nepleslian Marine Corps!" He parted away from Henry and Ran and moved towards Fay, clenching the cigar in his teeth.

"Nice to meet you... Saelus."

The common battlefield call of "MEDIC" had been somewhat misused in Henry's eyes. He put his fingers in his hears and twisted them a little to try and calm down the ringing sensation he had afterwards.

"Use your datapad." Was all he suggested to his superior as he straightened his tie in a forceful manner.

When Fay approached, he just thought he was another marine who was ready for shoreleave and more combat afterwards. When Harrison greeted him, he followed along.
"Henry O. - Morris. S - 2C" He introduced himself, with a nod, "Technician."

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…