• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NSS Alliance [[NSS Alliance]] In the Wake of the Storm

Harrison looked at Dream. "You could say me and the tin can are friends, yeah. I believe we've met. Soldier First Class William Howard Harrison, NSS Melissa Kenni." He looked at Dream for a second, then back at the paper he had written in Nepleslian.

"Then what do you write in? I could probably translate it, quickly."

After the meeting had been adjourned, Gran wove his way in and out of the crowd, looking for Kagura. He quickly walked up beside her, the large metal briefcase still in his hand. He looked to Gyles for a second and gave a friendly wave. "Hey again." He then looked back at Kagura. "So, you got all you business settled?"

Stromm swilved his head in Autumn's direction, his face seemed very tired, very worn, almost as if he had aged a few years. His eyes searched the direction, not exactly seeing who was on him. Though, it lifted him on the inside, feeling/hearing someone notice. Infact, he began to feel better, at least, better to the point that he realised that he looked some little comfort case with a comfort person on his back. It was at this point, that a renewed Sergeant stood up.

I won't mourn, I won't cry like a bitch. I'm god damn Stromm Dekomir, the baddest motherfucker this side of the galaxy.

His eyes regained the cut they had before. He stood straighter, trying to keep his image strong. Stromm wouldn't be seen as a man driven by his lackluster emotions, but one of zesuaium will. Though, he didn't really check to see if Autumn was still clinging to his back or not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyros turned to face Della, and watched her become preoccupied with something else before he could answer.

Spacers, odd bunch... was all he could muster in a description of them.

"If you ask me, I won't really care, you're under Cassefin Montreal's command, so you'll have to find out when ya get there! Heh heh heh." Pyros chuckled as he lumbered off and around the corner.

Autumn moved to one side as Stromm stood up and maneuvered herself to face him. She offered the Sergeant a warm smile that didn't hold a trace of pity only the friendly warmth of kinship. "Oohrah,Sarge! Areyougonna bejoining usfordrinks?"

The much shorter Geshrin armorer rocked on her heels and gave the former Delta Sergeant a respectful salute. "Proudtohave gottenfucked upfighting alongsideyou!"

"There are a lot of things that I should be doing. As long as I don't apply any pressure to my chest, I should be just fine." Mireille chuckled rather brightly, teasing his back with increased gusto. "But thank you for worrying." She said, smirking, as she left the room and headed towards her quarters. The 15 spidery appendages of her right hand rapidly clicked over the buttons of her Datapad, and within less than 20 seconds of her leaving it, Kokuten received a message.

Mireille said:
Don't forget... 15 minutes...

You might want to use that time to your advantage.

----

"Yo." Gyles gave a passing salute to Gran, given the general lack of formality going around in the room. The Tech Sentry, a question on his mind, turned back to the senior Engineer. "Have you heard about some of the new gear NAM's putting out?"

Stromm's eyes followed Autumn until she came into place. The Sergeant was slightly amused by her fast words, catching some of them. In response he shook his head no, in that he wouldn't make it for the drinks. With that, he gave her a firm salute and left to board the shuttle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kokuten squinted at the message on his DataJockey after Mireille had left. He stood up and tilted his head.

"To my advantage? Well... I guess I can get a shower too, wouldn't want to show up smelling like a wet dog." Kokuten said, arching a brow and exiting the multi-purpose room.

Trey merely sat around as everyone else got up and began talking. He hadn't really been on the ship long enough to have made any good friends, and didn't feel like bothering anyone at the moment. As soon as his Datapad had beeped, he had selected the Melissa Kenni, Knowing he had joined this fight to keep the reds from hurting his family, and he would continue to do so.

Autumn watched Stromm walk away and then bounded over to Rico. "SergeantRiiiccccoooo areyoudrinking withustoor areyougoing totheCitrusstation?" She smiled brightly up at him as she crossed her arms behind her back and rocked on her heels. "Oryagonna showerandtake anap? Ialmost thinkI needtosleep butIjustcan't sitstill!"

Dream stared another while at Harrison. "Um, yeah, it's that, like, look, we..." She muttered, trying to find the right words to express herself with. "...We don't... actually... write, you know. I mean, we don't need to. We upload memories and stuff into Polysentience, we don't really need primit- I mean, material memory support such as writing down stuff on paper and whatnot."

Dream coughed to break the tension. "So, Will. You're a pilot on one of those big robot thingies, I see." She commented, without mentioning WHERE did she "see" that. "Ok!" She pointed at him dramatically. "From now on, you're Dollcase Will!"

She smiled and nodded to herself, like she was particularly proud of that nickname. "We can talk later via whatever long distance communication system you Neps use, I'd be glad to help you with anything I can about the Free State. It's one of the reasons I'm here, after all! But right now, we gotta get movin'. I'll call you from the Cirrus!"

Then, she pointed (still dramatically) towards the room's exit. "Ok Keid, let's go to the shuttlebay. I already asked the Resplendent Herald of the Star-Winged Smile, our Traveller shuttle, to wait for us there. Oh, and let's try and pick up Tweak on our way there, too!"

"Righto. I'll see you around, Dream." Will made a mock salute in her direction and moved off towards his seat. Only recently did he notice 1) the promotion message, and 2) Ran's invitation for a beer. Harrison had seen stuff he didn't want to for a bit longer, and had locked them away. However, setting them awash in some sort of alcohol would do well.

Harrison's Message said:
Depends. What do you mean by drinks? No strip bars, cadet. I don't want to shoot your cock off because you do something stupid and get crabs or something and can't go off on sortie again. I'm not the leader type.

Gran's datapad had been making a beep every few minutes to remind him he had messages. He pulled it out and looked over it for a second before looking back up at Gyles with a smirk.

"You mean the EARTH's? Those things are beastly."

He looked at his datapad again and signed up for the Melissa Kenni. After all, he was trained for fighting and fixing Power Armors. And it didn't seem to him that there were going to be much of either on the Cirrus.

"I've got it on good terms that NAM came out with a few new designs." Gyles said, impassioned by the possibilities offered by newer technology. "My... father... lead the development team for the new M7 VOID. An impressive machine, if you'd care for a look." He explained, uncertainty and a tinge of bitterness in his tone.

"He sent me the specs while I was sleeping in the Armor Bay. Go figure." The tech sentry chuckled quietly. Searching for the appropriate files in his datapad, which was connected by a wire to his visor.

Tweak made it back to the shuttle bay without incident, but instead of boarding the scheduled Cirrus flight she waited outside of it, sitting down off to one side and pulling out her book to take some quick notes on who she had met.

While it was true that her memory was prone to going AWOL over the long term, Tweak was still very capable of storing highly detailed information in her short-term memory about everything that happened around her whether she was paying attention or not. Most of the time, she didn't write it down, as it was often disposable. But today had several things she wished to record, especially since it seemed that she may be interacting with some of these people at her destination.

So, as the reassigned soldiers and crew arrived at the shuttle destined to bring them to the Cirrus Research Station, the neko took down their names if she knew them and made miniature sketches of their faces with notes of traits that would make them easily identifiable later on. Every once in a while, she would also add questions about things that she found herself thinking about. Things that she would like to try finding answers to.

Why am I different? Where are the others?

Henry went up to Harrison and leant against him from the side.
"It's odd." He started as he put his in front of him, "I haven't - gotten promoted, demoted, or even - given any news as to - what my standing is." He was putting stress on the wrong syllables as he talked. "I'm - left in the dark - so to say."

He then decided that because he was on leave, talking about the army, or promotions, wasn't a good idea. He also noticed that he was a little more talkative and less notepad-happy.
"Anyway -" He took off his beret and fished out a tinfoil packet and pulled out a cigar of about 4 inches long and put it in his mouth. He offered another to Harrison, "Cigar?"

"Why not." Harrison took the foil-wrapped blunt and removed the paper death stick from the tinfoil, stuck the end in his mouth and lit it.

"Talk about smokin' 'em when the fat lady sings."

After a little more fiddling with his datapad and selecting the Kenni as his assignement Deon pushed himself off the wall. And worked his way through the hustle of exiting and chatting marines to where Trey was sitting. "Hey Trey, gonna snipe yourself a few drinks with everyone else? If you're hanging around we gotta get ourselves a good start on two weeks of free time."

Rico had been one of the first to take out his data pad to check it for promotions or updates on positions after the red-headed brass bigwig finished his speech. Unfortunately, the Sergeant was still a Sergeant…and he had been assigned to the Melissa Kenni.

Rico didn’t know what to think about that, and was just about to push himself away from his perch when Autumn came bounding back to him. Rico looked up from his datapad and gave her a small smile as his face displayed obvious confusion. “…darlin’, your gonna have to slow down with the talkin’ here. I can’t get a freakin’ word you’re sayin’.”

Autumn seemed perplexed by the notion that Rico couldn't make out what she was saying, she wondered if Ian was just more accustomed to people that talked fast. The Geshrin woman rocked on her heels and took a couple deep breaths in an attempt to slow herself down enough so the Sergeant could in fact, understand her.

"You...meeting..up..with Alpha's...group...for..drinks? Orare yougonna..." she paused for a moment when she noticed her words were running together again. "Or... are..ya...gonna..shower..and...catch...a...nap...first?"

"Ah. Uh..." Rico shifted his weight to the other foot and tapped a hand to his chin idly. "I don't know any of the Alpha's. Guess I could show 'em how a real man puts a drink down, though," he chuckled to his own little slice of wit. "What are you gonna do? I'd look pretty stupid if I just invited myself, might just tag along with you 'till we get to the bar."

"You..didn't..get...Ran's..message? Ithought heinvited allof thesquads?" Autumn contemplated this. "Never..crashed..a..party..before? Imma gonna catch a long shower and then hit the bar. I'm not sure who esle fromthe squadis going aside fromIan but he's notas bad as he lets on. I'm surprised that youdun havea date yet."

“Ran’s message? What messa-…oh. This one,” Rico mumbled as he took a closer look at his data pad. The little message icon in the corner was blinking…Rico was never one to catch the little details. He shrugged it off and pocketed his data pad, casting his gaze back on Autumn, choosing to ignore the topic of Ian for the moment. “What, I need a date to get hammered? You offerin’, gorgeous?”

"Wellyou saidyou didn'twanna goalone. Inever thoughtof youas thetype thatneeded toask," Autumn offered with a smile, apparently her enthusiasm overwhelmed her ability to completely talk at a reasonable speed once more. "Ifyou needa wingman, I'mwilling tohelp but I don't..think you're one of those that needs help gettingagal areya?" She grinned at Rico with a light chuckle. "Imma gonna needa hand gettin' a new... hand/arm thingy. Youknow thearea we're dockingat?"

“New ‘netics, eh?” Rico grinned widely as he flexed his own cybernetic arms. “I dunno what the tech boys or medics are tellin’ ya, but buyin’ company ‘netics is the way to go. Custom crap is easy to bust, hard to fix unless you’re the guy who made it…my arms are good ol’ Awesome Corp 10-A’s, haven’t given me any trouble since I got ‘em.” Rico finished by stroking a hand through his scalp before re-crossing his arms in front of him. “I think we’re stoppin’ at Ayenee for shore leave. That’s usually where we head to, shuttles break off an’ go to the other systems from there. Pretty popular place. If you’re lookin’ for a new arm, that’d be your best bet. Plenty of places to drink there, too, so I bet Ran and the boys are havin’ it out there.”

"Ya. Sergeant Chiaki had to amputate myleft armso I gottaget a better replacement thanthis one," Autumn in her... excitable state decided that the best method to show off her temporary arm was of course, to pull her uniform shirt off. Unfortunately, she was in fact wearing the standard issue white undershirt benath it but-she was obviously not wearing a bra. "See? It'snot reallythe rightsize forme. Ineed toget anewone."

The Sergeant’s eyes flitted between objects of interest for a moment or two. Her arm did look rather odd. “…yeah, you should look into some ‘netics when you hit Hayes…” Rico looked up at the ceiling thoughtfully and pulled up his datapad up again, glancing at the time. “…and, yeah, I’m getting’ a quick rinse before we dock with Hayes. I still smell like my fuckin’ Warhawk.”

Autumn rocked on her heels again as she held her shirt in her hands. She smiled brightly like taking off your uniform shirt in public was the most normal thing in the world. "TheWarhawk's don'tsmell thatbad. Gunoil and alight sweat are nice, it's spendingalmost 24hours init thatsmellsfunky." She chuckled, "Ihave toask, doyou happen touse thatsexy commercialed soap/cologne stuff ?"

Rico laughed lightly at Autumn’s question. “Heh, sugar, if there’s one thing I do better than kick ass, is groom. I mean, I come this good lookin’ fresh outta the box…” the suave Nepleslia swiftly ran a hand across the hairline above his right ear. “…but it don’t hurt to have the right tools to pull off lookin’ better, ya know? Got a whole box a’ the stuff under my bunk.”

Autumn nodded with a grin. "Ofcourse! I'm gonnahave toremember toget somemore soap. TheonlythingI have a caseof arecontraceptives," She said in a rather pleasant, nonchalant voice. "It's like agun, better to haveit and notneed itthan to needitand nothave it."

“Hell yeah, sweetheart.” Rico stood back up and adjusted his jacket and rank bars, replacing his beret to his noggin. “Awright, I’m off to get myself wet. Where are ya runnin’ off to?”

"Toget naked?" Autumn replied with a grin and a wink. "Imight haveto checkmy laundry tosee if I haveanything clean or else, I might just have to stay that way."

“Oh. Well then. Maybe I’ll spot ya in there, yeah? ‘suppose after that we can ring Alpha up an’ see where they’re headin’.” Rico replied simply, seemingly momentarily unaffected by the prospect of Autumn’s flirting.

"Kayseeyouinabit!" Autumn smiled and then turned away and headed out in a burst of energy, stopping momentarily to pounce-hug Kagura on the way before continuing out.

Gran nodded and crossed his arms a little, his voice slightly quieter. "Yeah, I had heard rumors about those but they were supposed real hush-hush right now. Pretty amazing your father's on the design team. But... I don't wanna get caught with any classified material I'm not supposed to have."

He glanced over to Kagura, not wanting to drag her into a long conversation she might not want to sit through.

Fay left the briefing room a short time later. He remained out in the hallway, but he wasn't sure why he was sticking around. Was it because he had nothing to do for the next two weeks? The medic shook his head and sighed as he was lost in his train of thought.

Kagura gah'ed when Autumn excitedly hugged her and blinked when she just walked off just as quickly. "Uh....thanks?" she said after her friend headed off. She wondered for a moment about just what was up with her, she'd been on an acid trip or something for a while now. She left the room and flexed her arm, thinking a bit about her upgrade.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back