• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Lorath [Nyli III] Fyunnen Farewell

DocTomoe

Nyli III Colony, Three Hours Past Nightfall, Sen'th Settlement

It was mere weeks since the completion of the Sen'th settlement, however there were already signs of traditional Fyunnen building practices. Many of the buildings were quite plain in construction, and were quite open to the elements. However, the plain construction was as solid as the Fyunnen themselves, and the buildings were not meant to be stayed in forever... after all, the Fyunnen were warriors, and warriors never do remain at home for long.

In the middle courtyard of a rather large building complex, a small pit had been dug, and a bonfire roared within this pit of sand and clay. A number of blankets and skins had been placed around this fire. There were even some Fyunnen which stood watch over the fire, as a pair of their kin sought out the maiden which would be honored that night.

"Lady Sen'ythy, I don't know how you managed to get that jungle scent off of your armor, but you somehow managed, I'm impressed.." The smaller Fyunnen which walked beside her commented as they strode to the Princess' chambers. "Mmm... so how should we lure her out?"

"Lure?" The larger Fyunnen asked, the way she toned it making it seem like the word was alien to her, "leave that to me. You go to the others and help them prepare the ceremony." Sen'ythy said with a slight waving motion while they neared the particular person's chambers.

Lrenc'Cdyn sat in her room, cross-legged on the floor as she polished her weapon. Oddly enough Sen'ythy had given her the night off, and with no one else doing anything the girl had fallen onto polishing her weapons and staring down into her reflection, almost in a trance.

"Of course Lady General, I will gather the others and we will be ready to receive her." The Fyunnen went about an odd sort of curtsy before she strode away from Sen'ythy's side. She was worried for her friend and Princess however as she began to give directions to the Fyunnen standing about.

Walking to the doors of Lrenc'Cdyn's chambers, Sen'ythy composed herself, taking a sharp breath in through her nose, then out her mouth. Taking another second to compose what she had in mind to say, she raised a hand to the chamber door and rapped on it quickly, but forcefully thrice.

Lrenc'Cdyn's head snapped up at the sound of the knock, blinking a little she placed her blade on her bed and moved towards the door. "Who is it?" She called out, grasping the handle of the door to open it now.

"It is me." Came the all to familiarly stern reply. "Open up your highness." She never used that title. Unless something happened.

Lrenc'Cdyn's ears twitched a little at the formal title, the door snapping open as she began to look around. "Is everything okay Sen'Ythy?"

Sen'ythy was standing there, looking down at the princess with her hands clasped behind her back. She always looked like this when Lrnec'cdyn missed practice and was caught. "I didn't see you at practice after dinner, your highness." She stated, "where were you?"

Lrenc'Cdyn blinked a little, tilting her head. "Um...You gave me the night off though..." Confused now she looked up to the woman who was training her, silently wondering just what kind of game the woman was playing, unless she was serious...

Sen'ythy nodded her head, basically agreeing with her. "That is true." She said, pursing her lips for a second, "hmm, please. Walk with me Lrenc'Cdyn, I have some things I wish to talk to you about."

"Um...Yes Mistress." With a small bow of the head Lrenc'Cdyn turned to her door and shut it before stepping up beside Obelisk. While not as tall, she was close to the height of the taller woman, not having to look up to much to see Sen'ythy's face.

Turning to walk back down the hall she came from, Sen'ythy turned her gaze slightly and looked at Lrenc'Cdyn for a second. "So, you decided to go with those small frail women-like things?" She asked, after an uncomfortable silence. "Why?"

"Because we are with them now Mistress, it is time we show them what true strength is." Lrenc'Cdyn said aloud as she followed Sen'Yhty down the hallway. With a small sigh she looked to the floor. "We must forge ahead in this alliance Mistress, we must not seem ready to back away.'

Sen'ythy snorted at what the young princess said, she felt insulted every time she saw those Yamataian people. So small, and yet, so boastful about how powerful their weapons were. "They're insults to warriors the universe over." She grumbled a she pointed, at nothing, she just pointed, as to make it a note. "They tout that their weapons are what makes them mighty, we, and all Fyunnen know that's a farce."

"That is why I go to them mistress, to show them how their boasting is wrong, how it is the warrior, the being behind the weapon that makes the weapon strong, not the weapon that makes the being strong." Lrenc'Cdyn replied.

"They won't listen." Sen'ythy said, snorting again, this time, it sounded like a cut off sneeze. "Excuse me." She said slightly embarrassed. "Anyway, be careful when you're around those small people." She said with a small flick to Lrenc'Cdyn's forehead.

"If they do not listen then the goddess' light will leave them." Lrenc'Cdyn was somewhat cold in her tone before she jerked back after the flick. "Of course mistress, I will be fine..."

As the pair neared the complex courtyard, the scent of a very potent incense could be smelled upon the air, also the sound of wood crackling upon what would have to be a rather strong fire, judging by the shadows which were cast on the walls at the end of the hallway. Other than those things, there was silence at the end of the hall. Whoever was there was waiting patiently.

Sen'ythy stopped dead in her tracks, letting the princess continue walking. "Go." Was all she said.

Lrenc'Cdyn shook her head as she smelled the scent of incense before giving her teacher an odd look. Swallowing a little loudly, the princess stepped through the doorway and out into the common area for the Fyunnen.

What Lrenc'Cdyn would see would be the rather formidable sight of a hand full of Fyunnen seated around the fire. Each of the five Fyunnen seated there were clad in their full armor plate, each one of them seemed to shine a brilliant gold as the fire light reflected off of the armor. There was a spot open in the circle where a red dyed animal hide was laid out. Of course, Lrenc'Cdyn would recognize the armor worn though... most of the people present were her peers in training. However, there was one individual seated at the fire who was clad in a set of armor which was rarely seen by those as young as the Princess. The individual inside would be a mystery to her.

Lrenc'Cdyn took a step back, blinking a little at the others around the fire. Tilting her head she tried to make out the person in the middle in the odd armor. She could tell from the way the others sat and held themselves who they were. She seemed a little on guard.

The one in the middle seemed to wave Lrenc'Cdyn closer, her armor not even making a sound as she seamlessly moved in her motion.

The girl did as prompted, coming closer to the ring of armored beings. She was still on guard, her eyes watching all of the members of the circle. As she got close enough the armored being motioned for her to sit, before looking to one of the girls at the side of the circle.

The person seated directly to Lrenc'Cdyn's right reached to her helmet's visor and lifted it, revealing her face. It was the same woman who walked with Sen'ythy to her quarters. "I, Korr'ih, come here as your companion in blood and friendship to solidify your bonds to home before those bonds must be put to trial as you face your trials which are away from here. Sit well, and be welcome, you are among friends and in the embrace of home." She spoke quite formally, a change for this woman's relaxed nature, however this was a ceremony, and the opening to a ceremony was often the most tense.

"What is going on? Korr'ih? What are you doing what is all this?" Lrenc'Cdyn was confused, looking around the fire and the group of people still on edge. Was this a final test from Sen'ythy. She looked back to her mentor now.

When Lrenc'Cdyn looked back, she saw the door frame empty, apparently Sen'ythy had left the young princess to face this alone... Or did she? ...Maybe. Who knows?

Korr'ih smiled softly. "As I said, we are here to solidify your bonds to home. I am sure the Lady General will see you soon, but this is a time for you to be among your peers."

The other individuals seated around the fire each reached to their own helmet visors, lifting them and revealing familiar faces. Each individual seated at the fire was someone that Obelisk had formed bonds of friendship with.

"T...Teacher?" Looking a little shocked now, Lrenc'Cdyn turned back to face the others. As she saw the familiar faces she smiled a little, relaxing somewhat though still somewhat on edge with the person in the middle.

"Lrenc'Cdyn, tell us, what calls you away from home?" One of the unmasked warriors spoke from Lrenc'Cdyn's left side.

"I am called to teach the others that strength comes not from weaponry, but from themselves. That if they train themselves and show their allies true affection and trust, greater things can be brought about." Lrenc'Cdyn said smoothly.

The friend who spoke nodded her head. "Then may the Goddess bless your path."

Another one of her friends spoke, this person was seated on her right, beside Korr'ih. "Tell us, will you honor our teachings and your own self while you are away and on your path?" the woman asked as she looked at Lrenc'Cdyn, her yellow eyes shimmered slightly in the firelight.

"I will honor the teachings of my house and of my people by following and teaching as I have been taught. I shall not waver from my path, but only press forward." Lrenc'Cdyn said confidently.

"Then may the Goddess bless your heart." The woman said, a smile crossing her lips to hide the frown which was threatening to appear.

The next Fyunnen, seated to the left once more now spoke; "Tell us, will you honor those who came before you? The actions of which they took? The teachings which they granted us?"

"To honor my teachings is to honor those who came before us. If we forget those before us, we forget who we are. I will honor those who came before us to lay the foundations of our teachings just as much as I will honor those who are this us now. It is the way of our people, and just because I am away does not mean I will stop." She answered again, looking to the newest questioner.

"Then may the Goddess bless your flesh, and through your flesh, your actions." The final one spoke, her voice seemed heavy, it was apparent that she felt grievance at the moment. It was quite apparent that the fellow warriors seated there were already beginning to miss her.

However, there was still the last individual seated at the fire.

"Will you honor your Xiaah and most importantly your goddess, who's light guides us all?" The one seated in the middle asked just as her faceplate slid to the side with a soft clicking noise to reveal the ice blue eyes of the Xiaah. With a confident smile on her face, she waited for the answer.

"I will honor the Xiaah and the goddess as I always have, in my unwavering service to the betterment of my people, my house and myself. I will bring glory to my Xiaah through my deeds as well as my Goddess, in hopes that when it is my time to stand before her, I will be able to hold my head high and confident in her love for me." Lrenc'Cdyn answer smoothly yet again as she watched the others before her.

"Then go not only with the blessings of the goddess upon your soul, but the blessings of your Xiaah and your house upon your heart. Carry well the lessons that you have learned, and remember well the love your family holds for you here." Xiaah bowed her head somewhat, sitting before the princess in her own mother's armor.
Harr'Ikke had worn the armor once in her life, for the passing of her mother.

"May the Xiaah and Goddess protect you." The four others seated around the fire spoke, as three of them stood from their seats and walked to
Lrenc'Cdyn's side. Each one held out a necklace which had one of their own feathers fixed onto each. "May we meet again in flesh, and if not, we shall meet in the after." They spoke in unison as they presented their gifts to their Princess.

Lrenc'Cdyn took each necklace, placing it around her neck with a smile and a hug to each of the girls. "We shall meet again in the flesh my sisters. If nothing else, I will take some time to return home if I get the opportunity." With a tight hug, She let the three go to do what they needed.

Each one of them returned the embrace, and clasped her upon the shoulder before leaving the fireside. This left Korr'ih, and the Xiaah remaining by the fire.

"I am proud of you Lrenc'Cdyn, so proud that you are able to use your teachings to give yourself to better our people. I pry that you remain safe over this time, and that you return to us safely." Harr'Ikke stood now, moving to the princess closely as she gave the girl a tight hug. With a smile she pecked the girl on the cheek, before reaching behind herelf to grab a feather from her wing. Rather then on a necklace, the Xiaah took one of Obelisk's braids and quickly braided it into the hair. "Keep our feathers close, and you ill keep our hearts close..."

Korr'ih smiled softly as she watched the Xiaah and her dearest friend. She waited however before she spoke, she wished to give the Xiaah her time, it was the least she could offer to her.

After a few more spoken words between the two, Harr'Ikke gave Obelisk another peck on the cheek before she moved off as well, leaving a somewhat stunned Obelisk alone with Korr'ih now. "This was rather unexpected..."

"They tell me that this was a tradition carried out before and after the exile. Families, friends, and other such close individuals of our house would honor their kin which would leave to distant battles." Korr'ih explained. "That is our formal farewell, given to those who we are unsure if we would see again any time soon. The tradition became some what neglected when we claimed our rule over the surface of Lor as a whole... and pardon me, they made me read up on it before we did this."

"I have never come across this custom myself while reading our books of history. A shame that it was forgotten..." Lrenc'Cdyn said as she watched Korr'ih now. She pondered over what else was in store, or if that was it.

"It became rare because it was so easy to travel around our world after we established the train system. No one was ever missed for long... now though, we're not sure." Korr'ih frowned lightly as she looked to Lrenc'Cdyn. "I... I suppose I'm trying to say, I'm going to miss you."

"As am I my sister, I am going to miss all of you." Lrenc'Cdyn said to her sister as she watched the girl with a smile on her face. "Do not fear, I will call regularly and make sure to check in with all of my sisters."

A soft smile broke on Korr'ih's lips, but then she took a breath to steady herself. "I... I also feel that I will miss you in my own way." She said, unsure of how to explain.

"What are you talking about?" The princess asked, confused now as she watched her sister.

"My, such bitter sweetness." Came a familiar tone, from behind Lrenc'Cdyn. "You both sound as of my dear pupil will never return." The voice had a slight sarcasm to it which was unmistakable.

"Teacher!" Lrenc'Cdyn jumped as if she had been shocked, turning back to Sen'ythy.

Korr'ih's teeth clenched considerably as she looked to Sen'ythy. At times like this, she wished that the Goddess would forgive indiscriminate gunfire.

"I'm sorry if I caused you worry, my dear." Sen'ythy said with a slight lopsided grin, she then noticed Korr'ih's expression, "Hm? I was interrupting something?" She asked directly with a perked brow, "well, I shan't intrude, I'll see you latter Lrenc'Cdyn."

"Interrupting?" Lrenc'Cdyn, the poor girl, was completely oblivious.

Korr'ih let out a quiet sigh as she turned her gaze to the fire. She waited for Sen'ythy to leave, hopefully quickly.

Sen'yhty's retreating footsteps resounded, like sweet chimes to Korr'ih's ears.

Korr'ih on the other hand had a deep wish that she had loaded her guns with less-than-lethal rounds, maybe a nice gel capsule filled with an itch inducing substance... However, her spite soon faded as she looked to Lrenc'Cdyn. "Mm..." She was unsure how to continue.

"Korr'ih my sister are you okay?" The princess seemed concerned now.

"I am having trouble finding my words... come, sit beside me. Wait while my tongue seeks out what my heart wants to say." Korr'ih said softly.

Lrenc'Cdyn could only nod as she sat beside the fire upon one of the skins, patting the ground beside her. "Whatever it is sister, you know you can speak freely with me."

"I... I know." Korr'ih smiled warmly as she reached out her leather and metal clad hand to Lrenc'Cdyn, then she noticed the glove on her hand. "This won't do..." She reached to her gauntlet and went about unclasping the bonds which held it in place. and soon it was set aside on one of the nearby skins, and again she held out her hand to Lrenc'Cdyn

Lrenc'Cdyn took her hand with a smile and nodded a little. "Now what is it you needed to tell me sister?"

"I... I've known you for how many years now? Thirty? Thirty five?" Korr'ih rhetorically asked as she looked at Lrenc'Cdyn's face. "Well... in all that time, I feel that I have been... wanting to be close to you, always." she explained as best she could. "I feel, that I want to have you close to me, because you make me happy in a way no one else does."

"Then come with me sister, you can be with my group." Oblivious to just what she meant, Lrenc'Cdyn smiled in a warm way.

"I... I ah..." Just as Korr'ih was beginning to gain a handle on what she had to say, the offer was given, but she knew she had to say it before she dared to venture off with Lrenc'Cdyn "I... I feel that I may want to, but I need to tell you first... who am I kidding... I am not a poet, nor a word-spinner." She quickly leaned close to Lrenc'Cdyn and pulled her close as she placed her lips against Lrenc'Cdyn's own, while her other hand caressed the cloth which concealed Lrenc'Cdyn's neck.

(More to be added later.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back