• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Octo-Gatling Rotary Pulse Laser Battery

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
It looks like the introduction and the about section both end abruptly. Can you finish those sentences?

Also it looks like it needs the DRv3 stats.

Can you link to DR V3 when you first introduce the DR and even use the word "tier" since it was hard to find where DR V3 was?

"Effective Range: Kilometres" (Going to need to know how many kilometers)

I'm not getting a very good sense on how this is operated. Does someone always have to sit on the operator's station?

"For hours" needs to be approximated to how many hours.

I have linked v3 and v2 in the initial damage rating.

I have corrected the range section, it's rang is the same as the Heavy Pulse Laser Vulcan from Origin Industries since they are basically the same technology.

I have clarified the operation of the unit in a section renamed "control".

And finally, I have included more info on how long it can fire.

@Ametheliana I've been thinking, my damage chart contains an inaccuracy, or maybe that's the wrong. It's more like a gap.

The anti armor mode deals SDR 2 to solid armor but only ADR 3 to shields. when I wrote that I was referring to ship-to-ship combat. I mean, we are talking about 8000 rounds per minute! That's enough to saturate a tank several times over!
The idea was that a large shield generator would be able to focus its field to deflect hundreds of shots with only 1 action.

Thats where the problem is. Let's say the anti armor mode is being used to perform a direct hit on a power armor. it's Shield generator is exponentially smaller then a Starship generator. Would it be able to protect the armor in the same capacity?

I don't think this system I made will work. I would like to keep the firing patterns but just make the damage SDR 1 vs. Shields across-the-board for simplicity.

Yes, this is much more read-able and fixes the issues you've raised.

Thank you for making the appropriate changes at your own discretion!

Re-Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back