• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OIF Atuan] OOC Thread

Alright, so far, we all know that Five's previous designs are very Yamataian in make. As for the ones that I've made so far, they appear to be very Nepleslian in contrast. Aesthetically what I'm going for is going to be a fusion of the two.

The units will still have the overall body format be Yamataian in form (Gundam, Geass), but the armor on it will be much more Nepleslian. Imagine plates with deflective angles to promote bounces and ricochets, a bit more simplistic in design. The new mech will be very utilitarian and easier to mass produce than the older M1 series as well, taking notes from the NATO M1 Abrams and Russian T-90 in armor aesthetics. Meanwhile, the body will be keeping the overall stature attributed to a Gundam or Knightmare. And like the Knightmares of Geass, we'll be seeing a small 'hump' as well, where the pilot's ejectable cockpit will be at.

Right now, I'm less concerned about the technical details/specs, and am focusing more on what it will look like due to the art. I haven't ordered it yet, since I still want to see what you guys will cook up.

Well, you have as much space for equipment as you write the article to have, so, art away!

I'm loving this design brief as it is.

Now, what about compatibility with M1 armament? Will we be seeing alternate weapons casings (same weapon, new look) to go with the new frame? Or will the frame be designed around being able to use the M1 hand-ported equipment as is?

Cy83r K0rp53 said:
Now, what about compatibility with M1 armament? Will we be seeing alternate weapons casings (same weapon, new look) to go with the new frame? Or will the frame be designed around being able to use the M1 hand-ported equipment as is?

I second this question!

Although my character is not a pilot, I just feel like reverse-combatability should be part of "the Origin way". Some of that "Always looking forward without forgetting the past" sort of stuff. Seems really corporate, yeah?

On an unrelated note: "The Origin Way Foundation" seems like an awesome idea for an Origin administrated charity organization, not too mention that SARP seems to lack charities anyway. Who wouldn't want to donate to a cute cat-girl holding a card-board piggy bank?

Hey, Cadet. You wanted a post, right?

Sorry for the horrendous wait, but I've been stupidly busy for a few months now. So I pretended to be busy at home tonight and went through with the posting.

If this does keep up, I should be able to keep pace with your players until the mission is over.

As for the new frame design we will be seeing reverse compatibility with the M1's handheld weapons. However, there won't be much incentive to use them with the new weapons systems that will be coming along with it. I'll try and give some perspective.

Has anyone watched Gurren Lagann, and remember its knockoffs used by the humans called 'Grapearls'? What about the machine pistols they used? Well, for just the sidearm of this new frame, we're going to have something much like that, except one thing; it's essentially going to be a PA's Shoulder Mounted Gauss Cannon turned into a machine pistol for this new frame.

That's just the sidearm.

The weapons are going to be much smaller in size, but pack the same punch as they did before, or, pack a punch equivalent to their size. For anyone who's suddenly pulling out hair, no, they will not be OP. :p

Anyone up for a pump action navel cannon that fires 16 inch wide shells or a flurry of footlong spikes?

"The Origin Way Foundation"....I'll remember this.

And I cannot thank you enough Exhack. You heard him folks, the tables have turned and you're all back in the fight!

Heehee. . . SPACETIMESHATTERINGPUUUUUNCH!

Anyways, that sounds all very fine and dandy. So that last thing or second to last thing you mentioned, Cadet, is kinda like a Rivet Gun?

Not quite. What I was trying to say was, someone else's shoulder cannon will be our pistol. Our older equipment pretty much hit as hard as something considerably smaller in size. Were any of you confused that a rifle a few meters long did as much damage, as say, an assault rifle?

What I'll be doing is making sure that the new series of weapons will hold firepower more proportional to their size. If something's got a 4 meter long barrel, it'll hit like its got a 4 meter long barrel.

I've already got a few ideas for what you'll be using, but any weapons you guys would like to see?

Am I supposed to just post whatever? Cause we are in middle of combat and I kinda don't want to write what happens to enemies. But if it is not important I can just type whatever, I just need to know if I can.

That's perfectly fine. I don't expect giant things full of depth and character development, after all, we've been on hiatus for a while and we're just picking up again. If you can't work up a post, go ahead and say so, so that I can start up the next post cycle and start pushing us downhill to gain momentum. I mean - uphill. Things can only get better now.

Helping Cadet out here- He forgot a few things, which accidentally led to you two jumping the gun a bit. I've saved your posts here, as we may still be able to use them, but they're deleted from the thread.

shotty said:
"Verdamnt!" Said Victoria quickyl heading to the airlock highlited by ship's AI. "Gutt, you AI show me way. And schnella, Yoshiko might need us." She told to Ged. She opened her cockiput, unstrapped herself and reached under the seat for energy pack. She locked it on her Impulse unit and kicked herself of towards the airlock. Before she let she set her Mecha'S AI to defend itself.

She flew inside the airlock and quickly started the cycle to balance pressure inside Airlock with the one aboard the ship. She had her charged knuckles ready to use. Enemy might wasith in front of airlock after all.

Cybey said:
Async took a moment to decipher the exact intent behind pickle, her brow furrowed in momentary confusion and then a brief spark of panic washed everything else away as the Freespacer knocked one last persistent enemy into a free-fall away from the combat, its thrusters ruined, most likely consigning the pilot to a slow and miserable death by suffocation. The exercise of wrath aided the rookie frame pilot in avoiding a repeated crash-landing into the Atuan's hull, though she still made a mess trying to find the right sort of purchase around the entry hatch. With an almost resigned shrug, the Zesuiam claws Yoshiko had personally and lovingly installed were found to be more than sufficient at anchoring a multi-ton giant robot to the hull, typical 'Spacer improvisation.

"I'm coming, Yoshiko," Async announced entirely to herself, slipping inside the airlock and nearly forgetting to secure the outside hatch before moving further inward, "I'm going to do something right today, and that'll be saving you."

As messy as her entrance had been, a baker's dozen cubic meters of hull plating would need to be replaced along with several security interlocks, Async was close to the bridge, one of three primary goals of any boarding action, the others being power and propulsion which oftentimes got lumped together into the same rooms. Her ability to wirelessly mesh into the Atuan's network and process the information quicker than most organics was put to full use, picking out the best point to confront Yoshiko's captor, best being the least disadvantageous point rather than a flawless position.

"I swear upon the Atuan, if they've so much as misplaced one perfect hair on Yoshiko's head, I'll take undue pleasure in this," she uttered the oath while picking through the dead and dying for heavy firepower, setting up a pair of autocannon, leaving one nestled around a corner by the main approach to the bridge so that she could grab the second easily as the first ran out of ammo. She waited, knowing full well that she would have to treat Yoshiko as expendable in order to have the best chance of saving her.

She bit her lip in agitation, "I'll take undue pleasure regardless," pocketing a heavy blade meant to be jammed between the slots and cracks in a PA's carapace comfortably under her waistband. A second, normally-sized knife went down her boot.

Ugh. This is what I get for working on a post til 3AM. I messed up.

I'll be adding in the enemy's reaction to the arrival of Seigan Solutions on the field, and had Kai temporarily shelve/store a pair of posts up above; Exhack had essentially taken Kai's turn in the posting order, and I didn't realize I hadn't told anyone.

Sorry everyone!

Ah, well at least I'm not getting called out for the... expansive?.. nature of Async's actions like I'd thought might happen.
Explanation: I just really want her to accomplish something this mission and that's so hard to do, so I'm always worried about stepping on everyone's toes.

Of note: Cadette's posts no longer signal the beginning of a cycle. I've archived the posts here for you. who knows, you may not need to change them, but, please wait for Exhack.

BTW Cadet, you really need to get mod permissions for this forum.

Moogle said:
Taela's face went from mildly distressed to one of a strong fury.

"Very well, then, Shinji. I will head inside, considering my Frame is rather damaged," She spoke over the comms, managing to keep her voice in check. "Whoever wants the rifle of this one can have it."

Turning to Lucien, she commanded, "Smash the feathers into the Yui or something and fast, unless you want to take control of the Frame. I'm going to help Yoshiko."

Taela flew to the side of the ship closest to Yoshiko's position, making sure hers and Lucien's Impulses were secure for space exit. Then, she opened the cockpit and exited, pushing off for the Atuan.

Yoshiko was her best friend, and the Neko would be damned before she simply just let something happen.

Lam said:
Not willing or able to pilot the frame, Mark found himself following Taela towards the Atuan, clutching tight at his side. Space was huge, and that made Mark a little queasy. His 'journalistic professionalism' was put to the back of his mind out in open space, with only an Origin Impulse suit separating him from The Void. As they neared the hull of the ship, he could feel his stress mounting. Inside, he was scrambling to make sense of up and down, furiously counting the seconds in his head until he could grab on to something. He reached out for Taela's foot as she sailed through the space in front of him, but no matter how he flailed, he couldn't gain on her enough to reach out and touch.

"Kitten," His voice sounded loud even to himself in the silence of The Void, the thick baritone resonating his piercings plastered tight against the face and sides of the helmet. He hoped the comm unit in his suit was activated, "I'm not sure how to ask for this, baby, but could you tell me a bedtime story or somethin'?"

That sounded ridiculous! He had to explain more clearly what he needed without sounding like a babbling fool, "I just want to hear your voice, baby. It's that ship of ours... it's far away. I can't just wait for it to get here, Kitty, I need something in my ears to fill the void."

He wasn't sure if he would be conscious or not by the time he made it through the hatch, but if he was, he would most certainly be ready to kill something.

Cyber said:
Async's own bruised and battered frame shadowed the approach of Taela and Mark, she was silent until they hit the hull, choosing her words carefully. Amusingly, this meant the Freespacer was experimenting with new and more different curses to fully express the range and depth of her feelings of helplessness.

"*&#^$ #*^&$!" She cried, slamming a fist against her seat as tears salted the glass of her helmet, "Why can't I do anything right?! I'm acting like a damn newborn! Damnit! Yoshiko is in danger and I'm just so-"

Async gritted her teeth and opened a channel to Taela's Impulse, "Miss Kaila? I want to save Yoshiko, but I don't know if- please... make sure she is safe?"

:\

Normally, a new post cycle would have been started by a post from Kai, immediately followed by one from me.

Now that he's gone, I'm posting first, followed by Exhack. After that, it's free game until everyone's posted, at which I begin the next cycle. I'm sorry for any confusion.

I'm sorry things have gotten very messy in here, and that posts had to be moved about, but fortunately, Kai's archived them here. There's NOTHING wrong with them at all. Except that they were posted out of order, and now I'm trying to sort things out.

Hold your horses and wait for Exhack!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back