• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Old Stuff- Combat Posting Rules

I originally drafted these rules for "Mecha Generation" and "Menzai Battlefield Academy" so the writing style for the posts aren't quite correct for SARPG (though this version was used for for the old system here at one point).

We all know what fighting, combat, is so this shouldn't take long. The rules when it comes to fighting are very simple. The fights could be arm wrestling to an all out mecha battle. Hand to hand fighting will probably be the most common though because tempers flair and personalities clash. Hand to hand fighting can really be anything from gun duels to fencing to mud wrestling to WWF style wrestling to martial arts. The rules stated here apply to both Mecha and non-mecha fighting although the examples are non-mecha combat.

Number 1:No godmoding. This is a major no-no that ticks off the other people who are fighting against you. Godmoding is very simple.. it's when you are invincible and call upon the almightly power of god to beat the stuffings outta your opponent. Simply put, it's when you cannot be hurt and you are all powerful and stuffs. If you are the person fighting against it sucks! The easiest thing to say is DON'T DO IT.

Number 2:No cheesing. Cheesing=cheating. Please don't start pulling mechas out of your spandex shorts or using information you've gained OOC (out of character) in the fight. It's not fair and not fun. You'll be quickly ignored.

Number 3:Don't randomly jump people and beat the stuffings out of them.
That's just wrong. You should have a reason to beat someone up...none
of this he looked funny bits. he just may have thought you were dorking
looking too but didn't decide that you needed your face rearranged.

Number 4:There are many types of fighting. And styles of fighters but that doesn't mean you don't get hit. You have to take at least one hit in a fight. But another thing is unless it is a surprise attack you can't dictate what happens to the person. Here at rule #4 I'll give you an example of how a fight should go.

Amy and Ryu hate one another and have had this rivalry going since they first met. Amy is extremely mad at Ryu because he blew up her mecha.
Therefore Amy has a reason to kick Ryu's butt.

Amy: Ryu, you mulaka! *she throws a hard right hook at ryu's face when he turns to look at her*
Ryu: ((argh. what is it with you and hurting ryu's face amy? you caught me off guard so i'm taking the hit)) *the sound of bone on bone cracking is heard when amy's fist connects with his face. groaning the momentum of the attack sends him reeling to the ground*
Amy:((*l* i almost forgot about the scar across the eye thing. sorry about that)) *smirks as she looks down at him, smug satisfaction in her face*
Ryu: ((it's cool)) *coughs, spitting out a broken tooth as well as blood as he grumbles* Damn it Amy, you broke my jaw!
Amy:Serves you right for destroying my mecha!
Ryu:*in one swift movement he kicks as hard as he can at the back of her legs*
Amy:*caught off guard by the suddenness of the counter attack her legs are swept out from under her and she falls to the ground with a hard thud*ow! *

*PAUSE**

This combat scene has shown a surprise attack, ooc communication (the stuff in the (()) ) between the players (as you can tell the hatred is only IC-in character), recovery and ic communication. With any fight you have the attack and recvery from the attack. As you noticed both Amy and Ryu took the hits from each other because both were caught off guard. They also stated what happened to their characters as a result of the attack. Neither attacker said anything about knocking the other to the ground. Just because you take a hit doesn't mean you can't play up the reaction.

Ryu:Well it seems that we are both eating each other's dust now Amy. Shall we fight now and kiss and make up later or should we kiss now and fight later.*smirks at her*
Amy:eek:h shut up Ryu! *hops back up to her feet, beckoning him to do the same*
Ryu:As you wish, milady. *grinning he jumps up to his feet* Ladies first.
Amy:Oh god..of all the people in the world to destroy my mecha it had to be
*kicks up at his crotch* you!
Ryu:*catches her foot quickly*hey hey, it's a bit early to be going below the belt.
that's.. *jerks her foot back, twisting it hard to the left*
Amy:*winces as she hears the crack, kicking up as hard as she can
with her other foot* Shut up!
Ryu:*blinks as he's kicked in the gut.. throwing her foot to the down as he staggers back*
Does this mean we can't have hot passionate sex by candlelight later?
Amy:*falls to the ground.. wincing as she sets her leg* YES!

**PAUSE** This sequence was a bit more complicated than last time.
The fight went like this. amy:Attack, ryu:block, counter, amy:take hit, counter,ryu: take hit, recovery,amy:recovery. When you fight you should take into account to respond to the
attack that you're getting and how it would really affect a person. And making smart-ass remarks is another way of having fun when you're fighting. What you just saw was how a fight should go. Now for the stuff that shouldn't happen.

Jimmy saw Marko drinking at the bar. And Jimmy decides that he's going to kill Marko
just because he doesn't like how Marko looks. This is a really stupid reason to fight
and this fight shouldn't happen.

Jimmy:*pulls a uzi out of jacket and unloads the clip into Marko's head.
laughing as the blood spirts all over the place*
Marko: ((what the bloody hell? jimmy you aren't wearing a jacket and
all weapons were seized at the door. dude i'm ignoring you))
Jimmy:((you're cheating! you are dead and i'm going to ignore YOU))
Marko:((-_-;; *wonders where these people come from*))

This is a classic example of a really bad game.
Don't act like Jimmy or else you'll be playing by yourself.

Here's another one:
jake:*gasps as he sees johnny kissing a girl that looks like his girlfriend, lenna*
i'm gonna kill him for messing with my girl!
johnny:*oblivious to jake as he talks to his date kim*
jake:*runs over and tries to deck johnny*
johnny:*walks off with kim back towards her apartment*
jake:((hey johnny! i just tried to punch you!))
johnny:*walks around the corner and is gone*
jake:((argh.. dude that is so wrong. please acknowledge my attacks next time.))
johnny:((whatever))

This is a one sided fight. Jake followed the normal motions for a fight. He had a good reason for wanting to fight and he did state an attack to be responded to. Johnny just ignored him IC and blew him off ooc. That's just rude. Acknowledge other peoples attacks and don't ignore them. If you can't get into a fight because you have to go soon then just say that and work out something with the other players. The most important thing to remember about thesis that they are meant to make sure everyone can enjoy a fun game and have a decent fight they have a glimmer of hope winning.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back