• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OMDE (Organoid Metal-Digesting Enzyme) Compound

Starship damage?! No way. NEVER. No.

...Why?

I understand balance or whatever, but I'd really like an answer with some semblance of explanation. I tried to keep the DR low for precisely that reason. I mean, the weapon itself is designed to be a prelude to real weapon strike, and assuming a large enough shell casing it could in theory do SDR 1, or maybe have a non-DR special effect.

...But just "Damn the heavens NO." prevents me from understanding why it's so bad. >.>

<EDIT> And remember kids. The VANDR - that is, mecha size - version does use ADR scale. The original submission was conceived of as exactly what SDR 2 says - a tertiary weapon on a ship of the line. The VANDR weapon, though Exhack might favor it, was an afterthought.

With the stats you gave this, it could eat a Plumeria gunship in just over a minute. That's not cool at all. I don't want a starship-eating enzyme in the SARP. Period.

Anyone else want to give a second opinion?

I see nothing wrong with this submission. It's a very interesting idea, and I think it could work. It provides plenty of RP opportunities (Trying to seal the hole as it eats away, getting the stuff off before it does too much damage ETC.)

I see nowhere that says this could eat a Plumeria anywhere near a minute. it's meant to weaken the armor, not eat an entire ship, which I find to be very clearly written in the article.

What other metals is this useless against? That would be something important to list.

Besides that, Good work, I like it.

I had computer troubles, but me and Exhack were talking about it, and when I have time I'll be inserting a chart of effectiveness vs. various compounds. I can say right off that it can't even touch Zesuaium, and Yamataium's regeneration properties make it very weak against it (less so with Yama-Dura for obvious reasons). The DR will be adjusted to reflect this... AND?

The chart will include how long it takes for the listed DR to actually take effect. The weapon dun work fast, but it's insidious.

(EDIT)

Table's up. Armors with high density are vaguely resistant, armors that regenerate are highly resistant, and organic/unusual substances are immune.

I think that the current version of this article is quite fine, but for ethical reasons, will leave the approval to someone else.

Please keep in mind, Duremium's molecular structure is bonded with Structol, both forms to be precise. While it is watered down, it is still a fairly tough alloy. So, it'd retain part of Nerimium's density, and Structol's organic nature making it psuedo-metallic/organic, literally, a organic metal.

EDIT: Given the changes, and compromises made, it is a fair submission, and I got to give props to the creator for making something like this.

This Submission is Approved for IC Usage.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back