• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission [ONI] Indigo-class Guided Missile Frigate

Arieg

DEFCON Everybody Dies
Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Unless they were approved on their own already, that is not the case.

Normally, subarticles would be reviewed with the ship, but someone had the idea of demanding they all be approved separately.

EDIT: Is this really how we want to do things now? It's a mess.

The sub systems likely would need to be approved separately because they're independent systems that are installed on the ship but can be used on anything. So they'd need to be approved with that in mind. And treated like other independent system articles.

That's simply not how we've done things up until recently, and it's honestly worked. Not only that, but we just got a taste of what that's going to look like if we go this route. The NTSE will become flooded with these subsystem articles.

A lot of ships didn't have independent systems worthy of their own articles. But even if it 'floods' the NTSE the Indigo's systems are powerful enough that they really should be scrutinized individually, not just glossed over. Plus it's not really much of a problem if the articles actually do comply and are balanced, they'd be handled quickly.

The approval mods need to have things in manageable chunks. Also, the rules say articles can't be approved if they have unapproved subarticles.

Tbh.... we need a timer for approval mods...
Yeah no, that's a horrible idea. The only way that's fair to approval mods is if we limit how often any one individual can submit something. SARP is recreation, not a job.

More work for me then.
You could let some of the other NTSE mods handle some of the articles, it's not like you need to do them all.

I know you mean well, but thus far, some of those articles had been sitting untouched for a long time. I feel that if I don't, nobody will.

I know you mean well, but thus far, some of those articles have been sitting untouched. I feel that if I don't, nobody will.
Cadet, if the other NTSE aren't touching them that's indicative of a whole different problem entirely. Similar to what happened with Edto. Part of it has to do with the sheer volume of articles Arieg submits for one thing, another with his reputation for being uncooperative. Babying him by diverting your attention to make sure his articles get picked up quickly is only facilitating that. Not to mention that it also brings up concerns of bias.

Not to be rude, @Arieg, but shouldn't there only be one version of this submission - the one in the wip: namespace - and shouldn't this submission's sub-articles also be in the wip: namespace?

I went looking through the subarticles (it was quite tedious) but I didn;t see any article saying "not approved yet" in it. I tried to pay more careful attention to them as I went through them, and didn't exactly see anything I considered too outlandish.

What I did spot was that there's no DRv3 information in here:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=corp:origin:gauss_impelled_positron_cannon

Since the info is in the Indigo's article itself, it should be a simple matter to update the article. If you would please, @Arieg

Now, I'm kind of at a loss as to why this shouldn't be approved, so I'm giving this a three-day timer to approval.

If anyone has a constructive counter-opinion (and if so, I want to know precisely what is wrong so we can specifically address it), that timespan would be the time to air it. Arieg, if you have anything concerning this submission that needs to be approved that I've been blind to, the sooner you come forward with the info the sooner I can blitz through it.

If not, well, it'll be high-time for this Indigo submission to hop over the Approved subforum.

Someone else used the IPC on another article, but didn't update it after I found out and instructed them to, but I'll do so tonight.

EDIT: Done. I think it's actually Tier 13 now that I look at it again. It's a 500mm cannon with antimatter inside.

Last edited:
Someone else used the IPC on another article, but didn't update it after I found out and instructed them to, but I'll do so tonight.

EDIT: Done. I think it's actually Tier 13 now that I look at it again. It's a 500mm cannon with antimatter inside.

With regards to the arguments that have been stated earlier in this thread - and the fact that SDR 4 converts to Tier 12, not Tier 13 - shouldn't the IPC be a Tier 12 weapon, @CadetNewb?

I think Arieg initially came up with tier 12 on his own. This didn't strike me as equal to a Plumeria's aether shock array so I kind of agreed with it. @Arieg can you confirm?

DR: SDR 4/Tier 13
Purpose: Anti-Starship
vs

I really don't see why this is so hard for people to understand. There's a section about this on the DRv3 page. Is there a special reason why I have to keep re-explaining this?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back