• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

You are all right. 'Cept you Phyrexus. It has nothing to do with Halo. =P

I actually saw it on an Arby's commercial. Dude brought his kids to Arby's cause they have some deal going on, and he was like, "Who's got two thumbs and is the world's greatest dad? This guy. Right kids?" *looks around and kids are gone*

But, in short, I'm finally out of seclusion and ready to /somehow/ re-insert myself into some quality RP.

Edit: Actually, I can see how you would take the cryotank reference as a Halo bit. I didn't think of that, but it would be a viable explanation. I actually told Fian to stick my charry in a cryofreezer till I got back. That's why I said it. XD

Newbie Tip: Trying to do too many things in the same turn increases the chances of being interrupted.

Map. Pictured here is the four lane road from the north leading to the senate at the south. At the bottom is Jack, Lucas and the barricade. To the side are buildings overlooking the road, small alleys, Kajiim and Chad.

The map is just a rough guide, the tiles representing the buildings and alleys are not the exact representation, it is just to say there are random alleys and buildings to the side of the road.

Attachments

• map.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 174
Welcome back Keladrian.

And sweet HOLIES, I'm finally going home!
That means I can actually post on a regular basis.

P.S.: A riddle: What do you call a recruiter who only answer 1 in 6 calls, only returns another 1 in 6 calls, is only in the office 1 in 5 days, and only provides his potential recruits half of all the viable information?

Troy Krabbenhoft.

Kel I did put yoru character in a coma, we'll have to discuss how to put him back into action.

Just let me know what you want and I'll do it Fian. S'long as it doesn't involve tentacle raep. D=

And just wondering, did you have me collapse into a coma IC'ly? Cause I'd like to read it if you did. Just so I know what happened and whatnot.

EDIT: I seriously hope I haven't been in the care of our...kind Medical Officer. *shudder*

2nd EDIT: Nevermind, I found the post. We've got a ton of new people too.

Sorry about the slowness in posting but I have been extremely busy as of late, I'm making the final arrangements to study in the UK.

Keladrian, I see you often in the Stararmy IRC channel so I'll arrange a mini JP between the both of us. Since, even though the intentions of you and your character, your PC's fight is going to be different from the Greenhorns.

Also, about you Greenhorns, I keep balancing the difficulty of the fight between how many people are posting, unfortunately this usually takes one or two posting cycles to change. As of now, if nobody else is going to shoot at the three forward Rippers, Jack will DIE or at best be severely wounded. The two that show at him the previous round would have recovered enough to put down accurate Aether Beamlets and most importantly Gauss Rifle shots. In its current condition, Jack's armor is not going to take any more damage without transferring at least some of it to the pilot. Also the third Ripper is not going to stay down forever.

Extra Tip: All you suit's weapons systems are already online, that means your inbuilt PPP or PPG melee weapon is active. Most importantly are your micro-missle systems: The DARTS, ARROWS or BOLTS depending on your suit. These deal devastating damage if not avoided or intercepted. Note, if they are intercepting by shooting at the missles, then they arent shooting at you.

Fian said:
Keladrian, I see you often in the Stararmy IRC channel so I'll arrange a mini JP between the both of us. Since, even though the intentions of you and your character, your PC's fight is going to be different from the Greenhorns.

So a JP between you and I? Can do boss. I'm still going to be able to help out the Greenhorns, right? (I'm assuming you'll explain stuff to me, as this will be my first JP.) If you want to e-mail me some more info on times and whatnot, feel free.

Just like the real Army: it's all team work.

If you guys mess up that means I waste several hours of work and need to start over...I may just rip my hair out if that happens with all the other stress/problems that's building up in my life right now.

Hey fellas, im back.

Sorry that took so long.

Hey Lucas or Jack may be able to run up one thos Alleys in attempt to flank the Three forward Rippers. It seems like you guys need to close the gap with such short ranged weapons.

Wow not bad, you guys have actually reduced the commander's shields to almost nothing.

It is actually now possible to end the battle on the next turn, even!

Shields are the last thing to activate next turn, starting at 50%.

Back at school, so I should be able to post once a day now.

Kajim, you have only your own eyes to use now, and unless I missed its destruction, only your right monoeye to assist in targeting.

Blackbird Lore said:
Kajim, you have only your own eyes to use now, and unless I missed its destruction, only your right monoeye to assist in targeting.

Eh, by 'secondary monoeye' here I meant the one mounted on his head (A feature unique to M-Series). It is not as powerful as the usual ones on the shoulder.

Other than that, spot on.

School started for me two days ago, and I'm looking for a job, but I should still be able to keep up a steady post rate in the RP: just a quick FYI.

Come on White! You fire a long burst again? You are really asking to get hit again are you? LSP has 600 rpm wich means that it fires 10 rounds per second. You just fired 30 which means you will be standing there like a bullseye for three seconds waiting for those Rippers to shred you to pieces.

Fight smart. Use shorhet burst and move from cover to cover. Don't use one cover for too long, don't forget Rippers guns are going to eat through it pretty quickly!

Koenig/Kamp/whatever, you wanted El in a Sunburn right? Should I just gloss over the fact that it needs two pilots? ^^;

I think it would be hard to return fire with a volley of missiles flying for your face.

Besides, my character is a green horn: I'm trying to RP him making green horn mistakes. This is his first mission, after all.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…