Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Cipher said:
The HPAR has a maximum range of 2 km, that doesn't mean that it's accurate to 2km. Most support weapons have a long maximum range, but they aren't designed to fire accurately that far.

That doesn't mean it's just spray-n'-pray either. Sure it's no sniper rifle but it is still accurate enough to effectively target an area.

I have no idea why most of you guys didnt bring your HPARs. Only Chad did and his suit doesn't even come standard issue with it!

(Though, in that case, Chad's RAPTOR carbine might still be in the weapons case in his suit.)

Infantry small arms is going to do jack shit against Ripper armor, much less Ripper shields. Panzerfaust works very well, but there is always the danger of interception unless you fire it while the target is distracted or very close.

Time to break out those Vibroknives, at least those are rated against PA.

Final Tip: Rippers will not melee unless you're very close or the nearby Commander-Type is dead.

Good luck.

ShotJon said:
Ey guys I am full back! Let's kick some zombie ass together!

Cy83r K0rp53 said:
As far as I can tell, the HPAR is an assault weapon, hell, they gave it a 700-round magazine and fully automatic fire at ADR4. So, yeah, it's probably horrible at longer ranges

Well HPAR has range at 2 kilometres in atmosphere so I think It can't be that bad at longer ranges. I think If you put a decent acog or somethign on it you culd easily spray enemy at 500 meters. I think Anselm missed just because he missed, but sure throw it onto gun. : )

White_Cougar said:
That doesn't mean it's just spray-n'-pray either. Sure it's no sniper rifle but it is still accurate enough to effectively target an area.

First, You don't put a scope on a gun that beams telemetry straight to the PA it's wielded by. Second... well, I don't know what's second, oh right; second, things like ballistic properties and range affect one's ability to hit with a weapon, and as we discussed, the HPAR is probably a generally inaccurate weapon. The thing is, it normally has the firing computers and Savtech of a PA to fix that problem; man-ported, you're lucky if the thing has iron sights.

===

Fian, all VBCS systems are rated for anti-armor work.

Well he did say 'An Area'. Considering the high speed of PA combat and things like autododge, I would want my rapid firing weapon to have some natural spread.

But anyways, the effectiveness of normal infantry using PA weaponry is speculative at best. I can't say for sure because I'm not the designer of the weapon.

Fian, all VBCS systems are rated for anti-armor work.
I did tell them to break it out.

Fian said:
Well he did say 'An Area'. Considering the high speed of PA combat and things like autododge, I would want my rapid firing weapon to have some natural spread.

You know, me and my brother (Sanderford) were actually talking about that before I saw this post. We were talking about how in certain situations, a weapon with naturally tight grouping might actually be a little detrimental.

This makes me feel happy that I was smart enough to come to that conclusion. :lol:

Well sorry I have personally HPAR in my mind as Assault rifle. So it is handy that it has full auto and has spread but I think it should be accurate when it comes to it too.

The 4 Wise Rules of Engaging Unknowns in a Battle with Mishhu

Rule One: Mishhu don't retreat.

Rule Two: If somebody says they have, shoot first, ask questions later.

Rule Three: If that somebody is a Sergeant, ask with a gun, then shoot if he tries to shoot first.

Rule Four: If he doesn't shoot, he's Mishhu; shoot the subordinates before they shoot first.

Rule Five: Hope everyone is who they say they are and nobody shoots before your commanding officer resolves the situation.

Soo technicaly there is only one rule. Don'T believe anybody excpet men and women in you unit. Darn we could use some termo-vision if I am not mistaken zombies have higher temperature than people right?

ShotJon said:
Soo technicaly there is only one rule. Don'T believe anybody excpet men and women in you unit. Darn we could use some termo-vision if I am not mistaken zombies have higher temperature than people right?

Actually, they would have lower body temperatures, considering they're dead people inhabited by parasite-things. At least, that's what I think.

Cipher said:
ShotJon said:

Actually, they would have lower body temperatures, considering they're dead people inhabited by parasite-things. At least, that's what I think.
That makes Phaedra's job easy; cybernetic eye implants FTW!

Cipher said:
ShotJon said:

Wait they are dead? I thought Mishu parasites won'T kill body just shuts it brain and takes over.

Well, it makes sense to me if they're dead. When the brain shuts down then usually the body's systems will too = dead. By the time where they are as matured as the Marines you guys are fighting, it seems perfectly logical that they would have distinctively lower core temperature.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back