Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Ok well, Kajiim, Jack, Phyrexus, Im good to get on and JP anytime this week untill Thursday. Im in American Central Time so just keep that in mind, and I have my contact info in the thread about JP scheduling in the Acadia main forum. I'll leave it up to you guys to figure the time. Also Im guessing we will need Fian to help and stuff since he is the GM and is writing out the scenerios for us.

Problem with a JP is that my schedule is always changing. I'm free...when I'm free.

However, if you guys contacted me with a time (I'm in Iowa, Central Time I believe) I could try to clear my schedule...or at least reserve it.

Okay guys, I am back. But there is so much for me to read through and so much time. Coul se brief me on what happened do I can jump back? I will read it all but it will take me some time........

This is what I can gather:

The unarmored team (veterans, such as yourself) are moving down a street and have recently come under attack from several 'technicals' (three armored cars, and two armored trucks if I remember correctly) which were taken out through a mixture of ground fire and air support from friendly gunships that had been overhead at the time.

Meanwhile the armored group (the four greenhorns, myself included) have been moving vehicles to produce cover while my character has begun stabilizing the wounded of a local security force that had been in front of the senate building. Meanwhile a dropship had been moving in to extract the senators, however it has been pushed away by heavy firepower from down the street near our location.

Titus Brutus said:
Can a coin round be considered a calibrated round?
Calibrated as in of uniform size? yes.

The round itself functions in two parts, a piece of copper wire is cut to length from a spooled magazine and electromagnetically accelerated through the metal alloy 'coin' and it too is accelerated, the resulting shaped-jet of molten metal flies at the target along a ballistic trajectory.

The molten metal then impacts, sticks to, heats, and deforms the target through kinetic and thermodynamic forces. The resulting damage is softened or punctured armor, melted electronics and other sensitive systems, and grevious bodily harm to soft tissue via high-grade burns and kinetic tearing.

In short, the HPAR has the effect of an anti-armor shaped-charge warhead, contact incendiary, and tightly clustered grapeshot all in one little package delivered by a massive gun. The perfect sexual innuendo of war and death.

Would molten, therefore semi-liquid metal, really be able to fly through the air while maintaining moten status? And wouldn't it kinda spread out before impact? It also seems that it wouldn't have any accuracy at all, plus the kentucky windage would be terrible.

Im mainly just curious about the entire concept. I may be analyzing it too much, but as a gun nut I really was hoping someone would explain it to me.

Titus Brutus said:
Would molten, therefore semi-liquid metal, really be able to fly through the air while maintaining moten status? And wouldn't it kinda spread out before impact? It also seems that it wouldn't have any accuracy at all, plus the kentucky windage would be terrible.

Im mainly just curious about the entire concept. I may be analyzing it too much, but as a gun nut I really was hoping someone would explain it to me.

There's an placed explosive that does the same thing to targets about 5~10ft away, I want to say claymore, but that uses ball bearings and is an anti-personnel weapon.

As far as I can tell, the HPAR is an assault weapon, hell, they gave it a 700-round magazine and fully automatic fire at ADR4. So, yeah, it's probably horrible at longer ranges (which is the most likely reason why Anselm missed his first cluster of shots against those trucks). It doesn't help that PA combat, for which this weapon was designed, takes place in space conditions about half of the time.

Ey guys I am full back! Let's kick some zombie ass together!

Cy83r K0rp53 said:
As far as I can tell, the HPAR is an assault weapon, hell, they gave it a 700-round magazine and fully automatic fire at ADR4. So, yeah, it's probably horrible at longer ranges

Well HPAR has range at 2 kilometres in atmosphere so I think It can't be that bad at longer ranges. I think If you put a decent acog or somethign on it you culd easily spray enemy at 500 meters. I think Anselm missed just because he missed, but sure throw it onto gun. : )

The HPAR has a maximum range of 2 km, that doesn't mean that it's accurate to 2km. Most support weapons have a long maximum range, but they aren't designed to fire accurately that far.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back