• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Re: [OOC] Acadia Dicusssion

Bots arent the smartest things.

Anyways, DemonBlooded is going out on a field trip so I'll be autoing his char.

Hey mates, just popping in...
I made a new Nepleslian character, so could someone bring me up to date on some things, possibly?

The NSS Acadia's current mission, what is it about and what has gone on?

The base the Acadia is currently docked at is under attack by pirates, who pretty much took over everything and are trying to steal a lot of stuff; currently the marines are trying to take back the starbase, and one group is apparently attacking the pirate leader while the other group is trying desperately to find more Powered armors to assist in the fight. Once we take out the leader we'll timeskip to the acadia's actual mission, or at least that's the plan.

Echo said:
Hey mates, just popping in...
I made a new Nepleslian character, so could someone bring me up to date on some things, possibly?

The NSS Acadia's current mission, what is it about and what has gone on?

Oh ahh! I overlooked your bio, I thought a name like Sakura would entail a Yamataian character. I'll be on your case in a jiffy.

I'm the GM of the NSS Acadia. Kai here can bring you up to speed while I update the ship's wiki page and post your orders.

And before I forget, welcome!

Thanks...and no problem about overlooking it. I was worried my name sounded to Yamataian.

And thanks for the fill-in. Uhm...so can I join in as a reinforcement or something?

Ah! Sorry for the absence over the weekend, my computer time's been pretty sparse. Looking forward to the *actual* mission. heh.

Cipher, Trey and Lilly are on the fourth floor, you said Harrisson went to the 10'th, so, naturally, he wouldn't see them.

Thanks...and no problem about overlooking it. I was worried my name sounded to Yamataian.

And thanks for the fill-in. Uhm...so can I join in as a reinforcement or something?

Yes, you could show up in a suit right now if you want. Report to the Master Chief.

Is it okay if I gave Echo a communications radio built into...well...his non-existent helmet? Oi...I need to buy him a helmet and some tactical gear...

Negative. Unless he has to be in a power armor, by requirement, I would have him in just an infantry garb with light armor, a tactical helmet setup, and maybe a comm-headset...if such things existed.

He's a sniper and pistol guy by trade, so he would refuse power armor unless 100% necessary.

Well, My character is a sniper, and he uses Powered Armor quite well. In this setting, you're basically screwed unless you have a Powered armor.

In terms of Body armor, Nepleslia does use this: Muur Armor, but it is very useless against PA, and if you were going against a PA, no Personal arm is going to do much more than make the pilot laugh, unless they are using a Demon or Dark Demon.

I understand that, but I pictured my character as a sort of Spec Ops guy that goes in the back and takes out exposed targets for his team...but...supposing that is not going to be effective, I may give him a Power Armor suit eventually...

For now I'll stick with his Styrling Longbolt and the armor you recommended me to. Thanks mate. xD

'sokay. I was just trying to bring you up to speed on stuff. and if you wanted to be specops, there is the NIGHT powered armor, but I doubt an ID-Sol can fit in one...

Yeah, I glimpsed at that...but...I dunno. I figured an ID-SOL is already a ridiculously big figure for a sniper-support role, so I was going to give him very little physical enhancement.

Anyways, could you fill me in on what the actual "Mission" is going to be, since we seem to be the only Nepleslians on at the moment?

I have no clue what the actual mission is going to be, Fian's in charge of that. The base got attacked while we were transferring from a transport to our assigned ship, so we never really learned what our mission is.

Okay, well...I'm game then. I just hope it includes some soft targets that I can knock down with my 10mm HE rounds...I mean...what?

Anyways...is the Acadia going to be outfitted with transports? Hmm...I suppose I should look into my guy's ability to reach planetside...if necessary.

Planetary insertion tends to be the ship flying into atmosphere, going to about 1000M, and dumping the Powered Armor clad marines over their objective. For softer marines (aka no powered armor) I have no clue how they do it. if we do go on a mission, your character will probably be made to use a PA, especially if we're going into space or a hostile environment.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…