• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Sorry, I'll get my post in later tonight, I've been busy with University, and with trying to unwind after the days events.

Titus Brutus said:
Hey, since Im part of the crew, do I get an Awesome picture for my character like the rest of you?

Well I don't have any fancy picture. Most of us here has no fancy picture actually. Sorry.

Titus Brutus said:
Hey, since Im part of the crew, do I get an Awesome picture for my character like the rest of you?
All the pictures are paid for by members of the site and to kind and generous artists. If you want more information on this you'll have to go to this forum and see if you can't wrangle yourself some.

However, the general answer is, "You'll have to pay for it yourself." Some of us here were just lucky enough to get art paid for by the wonderfully generous Tom.

Combat Mode: ON!

Well, at least for any action involving the Ripper pods. For the newbies, the combat rule is that you can only "Try to" move or hit the enemy. As to if you actually succeed is up to the GM.

Ok Im a noob to the whole concept of a forum Rpg but I've made my character and he's a marine for The Nepleslian Empire. And I saw that new recruits come here. So my question is.. now what?

Kajiim said:
Ok Im a noob to the whole concept of a forum Rpg but I've made my character and he's a marine for The Nepleslian Empire. And I saw that new recruits come here. So my question is.. now what?

First you have to get you character approved. It is also good to ask GM about his plot and if it okay to join up, since you can end up making character and have no plot to join.

Also for getting character approved and done read this link through and do what it says. https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=guide:new_players

ShotJon said:
Kajiim said:

First you have to get you character approved. It is also good to ask GM about his plot and if it okay to join up, since you can end up making character and have no plot to join.

Also for getting character approved and done read this link through and do what it says. https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=guide:new_players
This.

Titus: Please view Fian's comments on the previous page concerning combat. You are to attempt actions. Fian- as GM- will determine whether or not you succeed or fail and to what degree.

Blackbird Lore said:
Titus: Please view Fian's comments on the previous page concerning combat. You are to attempt actions. Fian- as GM- will determine whether or not you succeed or fail and to what degree.

Ja, it is like the D&D but without dice.

Example...
<Titus> I evade and try to trip!
<Fian> *does his thing* You dodge the blow, but the Ripper recovers too quickly for your attack to work.

...so, yeah, something like that.

White_Cougar said:
Anybody have an idea when I can get involved and how?

Too many new people has broken the Fian.

I'm considering setting up another plotship but until that is finalized, please be patient. You're free to hang out here until then, though.

Titus I'm going to let this one slide for now to keep the plot moving, but keep in mind what has been said by me and the others.

Kajim, White_Cougar you're both in. We will assume your characters have already arrived and are assembled with the other marines.

D-Double Post!

I'll be leaving for Hong Kong really soon for about ten days, but I think I'll get internet there. But as a precaution, I'm letting you guys play around with each other for a bit.

Remember the "Try-To" rule of combat. You can only 'Try-To' hit the target, but it is up to the GM to determine if it hits. But since I might not be around, it is now the receiving player that decides if he gets hit. Be realistic, factor in the relative skill of the attacker and defender, the nature of the attack and the PA. Whoever that is playing the Ripper will only get to use forward thrusters, the left arm-guard and a blade.

I'll intervene if my situation permits and if things get out of hand.

Pick your partner and dance! Use the OOC to plan and discuss your moves.

Well guys, my bad. Totally have completely ignored that this OOC thing exists since I got the ol' goforth. It won't happen again. :lol:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back