• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Battle and Break System

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSharp

Inactive Member
Hey, Tia players. Since we'll be moving into SP, I think it's prudent that we at least try a system already in use by Doshii, made by Doshii. It is quoted in its entirety below.

Doshii Jun said:
There were a lot of moments in Miharu that were utterly awesome. Ever notice how hard they were to find after they were buried several pages deep? You'd have to hunt them down somehow and take up a ton of time. Not all of us, after all, are the Destruction Master.

With that in mind, we're trying something different. Three devices will be used to make our plot a more easily digested read and more accessible reference.

The most important device is the Break. Breaks are places in the narrative where it it's prudent to start a new thread while staying in the same Act. Breaks won't be used too often, but when they are, a link will be provided nearby to let you know about the new thread.

The breaks will look like this:

Break up

The battle system is simple — whenever the characters engage in a real battle, one that's going to go on for longer than a dozen seconds or so, the Act is broken up into a new thread. The warning, which will include a link, will be at the end of the post leading to the fight and will look like this:

Battle up

After the battle's done, we return to the old thread and continue as needed.

Some battles will be so big that they will start new story threads. These will be labeled, too.

Marks are lines in the subject of a post that label it as something notable. Each mark can be typed into Star Army's search engine to find the post quickly and easily.

The format is as follows:
Code:
[Act number][Period][Scene number, if applicable][Comma][Keywords, separated by commas]
For instance, if this were Act 1, Scene 5, and what I wanted to remember was that an autocannon was detailed by an NMX Neko, I would write:
Code:
1.5,Autocannon,NMX,detail
For posts you want to remember for yourself, just follow the mark format and edit them into your subject line. Don't forget to tell the GM!

Mission- and character-critical marks will be linked in an OOC thread in the subforum. You will want to return to them for the plot.

Now. Since this system is still rather new, we'll be making edits as we go. All threads/posts taking place after Mission 2 thread will be using this system. I hope this works out for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back