• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Bounty Hunts

@nite train

Don't auto the reaction to your character's action when it comes to combat, that is, already stating that the outcome of it is what you wanted. Leave it up for the GM to decide the effect of it, otherwise, there is no tension (and fun) in the mission if everyone decides the outcome of their characters' actions right away, so please edit your post accordingly to reflect that.

For example, instead of,

he blew the head off an enemy soldier and reloaded his shotgun, never missing a beat as the team advanced into the building.

go for,

he fired his shotgun at the first soldier he saw, never missing a beat as the team advanced into the building.

@Kai @Lunar Rabbit @nite train @ShotJon

I'd like to remind that as per everyone who voiced their opinion in the OOC thread, the posting time has been lowered to three (four, stretching it) days, so I'd like to ask you to please post at your earliest convenience.

Since there is already a post up, I will have another GM post up by the end of the day regardless, so I don't leave the one player that has already posted waiting.

Cheers.

Sorry, I completely missed the GM post (DAMN YOU ALERT SYSTEM) and though I was okay, I posted now.

@nite train, please, again, don't auto your character's actions. I'm fine with what he found, and since he didn't find something like a tactical nuke or aether rifle, I'm gonna keep the post as it is. Though, next time ask me first about it, I'm online in the IRC most of the time and always answer to forum PMs.

By the way, your character still has an injured -and possibly broken- hand, how would he search through the dead guy's stuff and pull the pin of the grenade? I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would be nice for you to describe how in your post.

Not to disagree with you or anything, but I'm not exactly sure what kind of reaction would come from a corpse. On the other hand, so to speak, I forgot about the injury. I'll edit the post to include that.

Not to disagree with you or anything, but I'm not exactly sure what kind of reaction would come from a corpse. On the other hand, so to speak, I forgot about the injury. I'll edit the post to include that.

I wasn't referring to the corpse, I was referring to what your character found while going through it.

Basically, if you want ot find something ask GM if it would be cool if your character would find or if such item would be there.

Sorry for the delay in posting, everyone, I planned on submitting that earlier this morning but caught up in doing stuff.

Anyway, this mission is already dawning to a closing, so I'd like to ask if people in here are interested in doing a few JPs pertaining it? Something like mopping up the complex the gang was using, for example.
Furthermore, I still want to address how @nite train, @Lunar Rabbit and @Cmd_Jackson characters will be joining the plot. While I can simply wave my magical GM wand, and sprinkle some of that fairy plotium dust and say "And thus they were hired," I feel that's a cheap way to include the characters in the plot, considering that they started out as part of Jaina's mercenaries. I'd like your input on how you feel about this. I can either set up a side thread once the mission is over or we can do this on JPs. It all depends on your convenience.

I'll volunteer for a JP to figure out how they joined up and for the clean-up operation - it'll provide no excuse for me posting slow!

Seriously, though, I'd much prefer the JP.

I'm fine with either one. I do like the way the introduction is coming together so far.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…