• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

Re: Cirrus Station OOC Thread

Lorcan, please don't be like that.

The reason he is asking, is because you make it seem as if he is just taking things and no one ever notices. Someone has got to see him do it to a friend, or by now, the scientists would be putting 1 and 1 together that their cards are disappearing when this security guy comes around.

Plus, Autoing is very very frowned upon in a lot of RPs, even if it is to an NPC. I understand that you are just trying to find things to do, but why don't you RP with the other security members? I mean, Kaz and Cyril seem to be doing fine. Dream is a good person to RP with I've noticed, if you want to keep things fresh and a little weird.

Or now that Deacon is there, maybe Lorcan and he could strike up a conversation? After all, Deacon has been raised and trained by the Nepleslians, so he likes a good piece of tail, (Literally and figuratively), as much as the next guy.

The point is that you don't have to keep autoing the NPCs to have something to do. Also, you would have things to do if you didn't constantly alienate the other players. You don't seem to have even tried to get involved with your security team. You bad mouth and fight with your superior officer, then run off to hide in your box fort. I am sure that if you made a few friends in the team, you wouldn't be so bored.

Cut the victim act. You know very well that there are other options to quitting. And AoK's right, you do have other things available for your character to do. Unless your goal is to annoy people, you might want to look into those other things.

It's just a fact that, unless otherwise noted, autoing is not a good thing. You can post something similar to "Lorcan attempts to pickpocket people as he walks" and let Moon play the results, but it's just bad form to assume control of his crew and play them off as oblivious brain-deads. Not everyone is blind and numb...and what if they keep their cards in their chest-pocket? That'd take a thief with skills that would land him on the Universe's Most Wanted.

Besides, Lorcan, this stuff I'm telling you? It's simple advice. You can follow it, or you can ignore it. I'm just saying that there will be opinions based on that decision.

Alright AoK, I'll take that into consideration and I'm not bored, merely distracted by other events that need more attention than the internet. I appreicate your input and possibe soultion on the matter.

Hey, no problem. Sometimes you need to get the non internet stuff in order, and then the on internet stuff seems so much more enjoyable.

So umm, what would be standered issue for a PC3 on the station?

Cassefin is perfectly fine with pretty much everything brought onto the station.

HOWEVER, and it's my fault for not mentioning this sooner, but Cassefin has also taken the liberty of checking every single piece of luggage coming into the station for contraband items. Contraband includes; any and all outside food or beverages, live animals (that aren't pre-approved by Purina for study-purposes), and any weapon above small arms.

Those of you whom were able to sneak food aboard, consider yourselves lucky.

---

I also apologize for the delay in progress. We will be moving along HOPEFULLY sometime today. So be ready~

*looks though list* everything is pistols with these poeple lol.

MoonMan said:
Those of you whom were able to sneak food aboard, consider yourselves lucky.

I read this before I my most recent post, so I decided to have Levi's candy confiscated as soon as he stepped off of the shuttle. Muhaha.

lol Only a free spacer or Lorcan would dare to open a canister labeled "RAW URANIUM" ^^

LorcanLycan said:
lol Only a free spacer or Lorcan would dare to open a canister labeled "RAW URANIUM" ^^

Dream would totally open it. And probably eat it, too.

You like making people do what you want, don't you?

Post re-write said:
And then with a grin, he put an arm around Himiko's shoulders. "How about I show you how to get your gear?" he asked.

Post re-write said:
And then with a grin, he put an arm around Himiko's shoulders and started to lead her back to the delivery system[...]

The reason I'm getting so annoyed is because, if this was my character, I would be this annoyed. Instead of automatically taking the character with you, phrase it so it's more of an attempt rather than a done deal.

Think of it this way: You're Himiko. Lorcan puts an arm on your shoulder and starts leading you back to the tubes, but you don't want to go. So he ends up pushing-dragging you over there against your will.

Please be more considerate of the control other players have over their own characters.

Or maybe I should do this sort of thing to your character and see how you like it?

Please make sure you get Haniel involved ASAP. I hate to see a new player have to wait a long time and risk losing interest.

Tweak could leave and meet him and Mimi on their way to the barracks.

EDIT: Post is up.

Don't worry Wes; we've already set Haniel on the correct path.

And Lorcan; Although Missing could have said so with a little more subtly, he does have a point. Generally, autoing is frowned upon is most RP circles. Autoing is, basically, the act of moving controlling another players character in your post without their consent. Missing stated most of the reasons why this is generally a bad idea, and his examples on how to fix it are good as well.

HOWEVER, I don't want you to think that we're picking on you. *I* just want to make sure you know, because when you know, you can correct it and learn from it. So don't worry about it too much, and please take our constructive criticism to heart. That way, we can all have fun together.

Well, hello, all; I'll apparently be joining you somewhat soon.

Just finished reading through the archive, which is, by the way, a fabulous read, as promised.

I did, however, have a few questions for our host (with the most), the satellite of love, Moonman.

Queries which I have, subsequently, retracted, since they're answered.

Intro post hopefully sometime tomorrow.

Moon: Tweak's not in the barracks. I thought that Mimi and Levi were still a ways away from there, so I set Tweak up to intercept them...Where are Mimi and Levi? When did they arrive at the barracks?

MissingNo said:
Moon: Tweak's not in the barracks. I thought that Mimi and Levi were still a ways away from there, so I set Tweak up to intercept them...Where are Mimi and Levi? When did they arrive at the barracks?

Yeah, I kinda wondered where we were at as well. I assumed that we were close to the end of the corridor which ends in the barracks. I'm wrote something that follows that idea. I imagine that Moon Man is wanting to move things along and that's cool with me. Thanks to Tweak for making an effort to say hello! ^^

Agh, I apologize...it's rather hard to keep track of all of these things.

Yes, we can assume that Mimi and Levi have arrived...but if you had plans on intercepting them, feel free to do so by assuming that Mimi is just speaking to the two of them outside in the hall.

Hanial: You're welcome : )

Moon: I tried to adjust so it made sense when read through.

Sounds like we need some sort of position tracker so people know where their characters are.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…