• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

I wanted to just take a moment to let everyone know, especially Claire, Cyril, and Kokuten's players, Deacon has never truely wandered off. When he spoke with kokuten and then walked off, it was five steps away, maybe three feet behind the commander to stand by the door. And then now in the bay, he is less than a foot away from the edge of the group, sitting on a box. I would really appreciate it if people would stop writing their posts in such a way to make it look like my character is going all emo and sitting an entire room away.

You know what they say about assuming after all...

It's bad!

Regardless, I like the course things are taking. Wonder what sort of exchanges between the Uniques and the CSS forces are going to happen next.

Well, worst case scenario, we'll be having fisticuffs, (Or bullet exchanges, but that's pessimistic)

In any case, I'm starting to hate the uniques, they have all personality of... Well, I can't find an analogy here...

They're that clique of identical cheerleaders that wre the villians in any '90's movie directed at the fairer sex. I half expect Capt. Bell's first name to be Libby...

Oh, and AoK? He may still be in the same room, but Deacon is still acting in a very non-military manner. Especially in the presence of VIPs we're supposed to be making a good imperssion on. I can't speak for the others, but that's where Cyril's gripe comes from.

I am not mad with what I am about to say, Kevyn so please don't take it that way, but....

Be careful what you wish for when bringing up 'acting military' when you are talking about a race who's military is based off "Strike first and make sure they don't get to attack". Deacon may have gone through Nepleslian military boot camp, but he is still Kohanian military first and foremost. What may work well and make a good impression from the standpoint of a Nepleslian officer, might not be so with a Kohanian.

In Kohanian culture, the way the Uniques have acted is a supreme breach of courtesy. When a security force of a noble comes into the land of another tribe/clan/noble, they answer to the rules of the land they are entering. So, since they have insulted the noble of Cirrus station by insulting the armor, the weapons, and the personel, why should Deacon show them respect or courtesy back? He is just acting in the way that he believes is right. If you want to, confront him on it, but be prepared for the backlash of such actions.

Well that's just the thing though. He's not a member of the Kohanian military right now. He's a member the Nepleslian military on this station. That means that he's obligated, legally, to follow the standards and practices of said military. Don't get me wrong, the Uniques are shaping up to be proper bitches, but he still has to follow the chain of command and show respect to his superiors.

Of course, our chain of command hasn't really issued any orders on the etiqute front, so it's mostly just Cyril being a grumpy gus.

Personally, I find Deacon's reaction much more reasonable given his explanations. After all, he really could have gone "strike first" and cut the Uniques up like chipped beef.

Just because Deacon is in the Nepleslian military he still is culturally different from most of the station crew; he reacted rather well with everything considered. Thats just my opinion though...I am a newb afterall waiting for my entrance

I'm not going to say that it's no unreasonable for his culture. I'm just saying that it's still nonmilitary, which is why Cyril's a little cheesed off. That's it. If AoK's allowed to explain his position, I am too, right?

Didn't Cassifin already have art at one point? Like, way back when the Cirrus was still starting "Welcome to Cloud Nine" and most of the crew had transferred from the Alliance?

Scarlet's links 'r done and dusted.

...So... *ahem* I don't mean to powerlurk or anything, but any vague ideas when I'll actually get to use her?... *Clambers down Moonie's stairs and does that "Zaaaaa" noise you all made as a kid*

Cassefin's descriptions musta made some kinda subconsious imprint anyhow, since she looks exactly how I imaged her... You practicing this mind control voodoo on me again Moonie?

You know, that smile's kinda fetching. Until you realize that's 'prolly the expression she uses to great pirate attacks and imminent stellar collapse.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…