Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

You know that I am here and Blake is super-fast enough to join in any situation the very second it occurs.

With that, he held up a finger to signify he would be taking a break from Lam's artistry and jogged on after Tweak.

Aw, hell, does Blake really seem like that much of a self-insertion to you?

I'm looking into getting chibi art for the remaining Cirrus characters.

Hey Lam, follow my lead and Morris can stick around. The bouncers aren't there to kick him out, just trying to separate a potential fight before it starts. And Blake's on the dance floor, which I know is just part of his character, I'm just giving their reason for moving him.

Double-post. An idea of what Tweak's doing, minus the swords. Similar aesthetic, economy and beauty of movement, but not what Tweak is doing move-for-move. I'll leave that up to you.

This example needs timed right, though. First, open the first link, a sword-dancing video. Turn mute the video (be sure to do this), and pause it right at the beginning. Then, load up the second link and fast-forward it to the 3:45 mark, at the point where the music fades out a bit in preparation for the change-up to the piano part. Let the rest of the music load if you have a slow connection. Then, start the music and the sword-dancing video at the same time, or as close as you can. It should match up pretty close so that major motions (such as when she starts dancing) matches up to significant notes in the song.

The song ends before the sword dance does (around 2 minutes in), but that's all that matched up and it works when it does : )

Link 1: Yoonjakyung's two-swords dance, Korean martial art.
Link 2: Spacemen - Communion.

Enjoy!

Hey fellas.

Just thought I'd let you all know I'm taking the steps to getting back into the SARP swing after a long hiatus of tiresome troubles and other stuff, assuming there's still room on the boat. Gotta make a few calls, catch up on some posts, but all in all I'm glad to see my extended absence hasn't seemed to deter you all from having a good time.

Kudos to Kokuten for taking the reigns without so much as a "what what" about my leave, and a big thanks to all ya'll, because you're the ones keeping Cirrus afloat whether I'm here or not.

Oh, is Moon Man back? I was too busy handling six children, four grandmothers and a pack of forgotten puppies to notice. Just so busy lately.

It's getting awfully close to a full year since the last time we started the plot back up. In that time, we've done half of one mission, half of another, and a full one in between. Congratulations on another full year of being Cassefin's personal indentured-servant body-guards. Once again we'll be taking your end of the year bonus to fund the plot's think-tank. If you have any concerns to the use of your bonus, call Cassefin at 1-800-DWI-NERD.

Once again, that's 1-800-394-6373.

Also, triple post.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back