• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Concluded [OOC] ECS Civetta di Cielo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Inactive Member
This will be the primary OOC discussion thread for the ECS Civetta di Cielo plot. If a mod/admin would be so kind as to sticky it - and possibly remove the old/outdated discussion and roster threads - I'd be much obliged.

To start with: I'd like to do a combination of SP and JP for this plot. Ideally, we should do one grand JP a week - and more, if the timing works out. So the first thing I'd like to know is everyone's schedule over the next week or so. (And past that if you happen to know it past that.)

This is all CST.

I'll give you my standard, when everything is going usually and uneventfully, schedule.

Mondays and Wednesdays I have class at 11:00 P.M., 2:00 P.M., and 3:00 P.M. I usually don't get online much during or in between those times. I'm usually hope around 5:00 P.M. on those days, and should be on for the rest of the day, though I do occasionally go off with friends, but I'll be here at night for sure.

Tuesdays and Thursdays: I have classes at 10:50 and 12:15, I get home around 2:30-3:00 P.M. and am here frequently for the rest of the day and into the night.

On Fridays, I don't have class until 2:00, then another at 3:00. So I'm here from about 8:30 A.M.-1:30 P.M., and then after my last class, I'll be home at around 5:00 P.M. just like Mondays and Wednesdays.

On the weekends, you can never know. But chances are I will be on frequently the whole weekend.

That's usually going to be the norm of my availability.

There you are!

- Eric

Stickied. Congratulations on getting started and good luck with the plot!

Let me know if you want to add a subforum or anything.

I don't have a regular schedule ... Sorry. I'll try and make a day if you set it.

Tuesdays are probably not a possibility.

A subforum would be hella awesome, actually.

As for my schedule - for at least the next week, I am completely open except for Monday. So I should be able to set up us the bomb witout much trouble.

PM me with the forum name, description, and moderators, and the motto if applicable.

I've compiled a list of links to Chiharu's abduction. These posts give a lot of insight into Elysia (back in the war) and give some details of their ships. I figure you might want to read them when you get a chance.

Chi's Abduction
Getaway (short)
Caged
Dreams and Tears
Nechigaeru
Freedom!

I believe this occurred in YE 23.

Alright, so I'd like to try a JP on Sunday (October 12th) at 1 pm Pacific time to get us started.

If this doesn't work for anyone, let me know.

For those who are timezone challenged, 1pm Pacific time will be 2pm Mountain, 3pm Central, 4pm Eastern, 9pm GMT, and something else everywhere else...

If this won't work, my next good time slot would be Thursday (October 16th). The same time or earlier could work just fine.

I had a mishap with sleeping medication and wound up crashing hard. About 10 minutes before everyone showed up, according to Eric.

I am terribly sorry. It will not happen again.

I would like to reschedule for Thursday (October 16th) at 1pm Pacific. If this doesn't work for anyone, or if there's a notably better time for you, please post something to that affect.

In the meantime, let's continue by SP. That means you too, Zakalwe and West.

Alright SO. Twenty minutes now and I'm the only one showed up for the JP. I understand I failed pretty spectacularly Sunday. I apologize for it, but seriously... noone? Noone at all?

Coupled with the complete lack of posting from Thomas and West, too.

Here we go. Thomas, you more or less guilt-tripped me into running this plot, and assured me you would at least be able to post.

Eric, you assured me a couple times you would be here for the JP.

West, it's been six days since I've even heard a peep out of you.

I understand that we can't always make it to JPs. Things happen sometimes, sometimes you already have other plans, sometimes et cetera. Is it really that much to ask for a post every two or three days? I'm not asking more than that.

If none of you are actually interested in the Elysian story please tell me and we can all go on with our lives happy. No hard feelings, no anger.

I'd just like to know. Since if there's not any interest in Elysia there are plenty of other things I could be devoting my time to.

Alright.

West, Zakalwe, your characters are going to be background NPCs for the moment. If you continue to not post, you will be cut from the plot at the end of the first mission. I'm going ahead with or without you.

*pets Orion Soothingly* It's alright love, I shall come save you... *boots Fergal onto the ship and smiles innocently* Let the machine-mania ensue! >D

EDIT: Posting sometime before noon my time... or shortly thereafter... >.>

Alright so we've actually gotten to mission 1. I call it a good start. Thomas has suggested he will be more active, so let's try to pick up the pace posting. ;) Also, I'd like to try scheduling a JP again.

I'm pretty much open in the foreseeable future, so if everyone could post their next week or so of schedule?

On the topic of pressure suits - I was under the impression there was something of that sort (non-power armor) available, but I've found nothing to reflect it. Error on my part. Thomas suggested the use of the Sestina Infantry Armor, which I wrote up a couple years ago ~ it would certainly serve the purpose.

Issue is, it was one of the many pieces of Elysian tech that utterly vanished during the move to Wiki since Elysia was inactive at the time.

As the Sestina was approved prior, lacked anything particularly controversial or impressive, and serves the purpose, we will be using it in the interest of not grinding this RP to a premature halt. I am going to rewrite the armor in the near future, a quick look at what exactly it was -

Sestina is a pressurized armor suit designed to be worn by infantry. It was very lightweight, wasn't self-propelled, served as a mild muscle stimulant, and was armored with thin plates of ADNR.

In the era of power armors, not all that useful, really. It was a stopgap measure while Elysia developed better technology. It serves the purpose of a pressure suit nicely, though.

Attention humans who may or may not partake in the ECS Civetta di Cielo plot!

Recall that I asked for some schedule information for the next week or so.

If some of you could give me a reply, please, I would appreciate it greatly.

I tried.

I'm going to call it. Time of Death, some time in late November/early December while I was flat on my face with streptococcus. To those who posted, I appreciate it. To those who didn't, I'm sorry I didn't catch your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back