• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Operation Kōzan Discussion

SJ said he'd post tomorrow. Maybe he'll save you.

Oh goodie, you know, you might have had better luck just shooting the advanced type NMX so he drops me. But eh, we shall see what happens.

Since episode 1 will wrap up soon, I think it's time for a player survey before we jump into episode 2. You can post your answers here. If you're uncomfortable with that then PM them to me.

• Are you happy with the format? If not, how would you change it? Scheduled JPs? Pad-based JPs that are posted once a week? Other ideas?
  • Are you okay with the current narrative pace? Basically, are you okay with how many words went into episode 1? Would you like strings of shorter episodes focusing on smaller events? Do you want each mission to be double what we've done?
  • What fulfills you on SARP? Rank increases? Writing? Getting award ribbons? Impacting the meta plot? Having your characters put into certain positions? Etc.
  • Is there anything you'd like to see more of? Specific themes or enemies? Allies? Is there any setting stuff you think would be cool to interact with someday?

Hey there I am very happy with Sp format, but I am not against occasional JP. As for the narrative I would not mind some downtime for how long as it will be fun. If it won't go actively then we can jsut cut it and go to your next plan again.

As for narrative I like a story. A set of events linked and leading to somewhere.

Also another thing, are we going to still fighting NMX? I mean the war is over, if we will be moved to current times, then what could we fight? Pirates, rebellious crazies? Remnant forces of NMX? Actually remnant of NMX could be pretty cool. A very personable army with some fearsome warlord or something?

As for what makes me happy? Accomplishments in RP are great thing. Getting promoted is okay, but it should not be given out as candies. BUt good badass "hero" actions is somethign I really like.

I tend to agree with SJ. I'm still pretty new here so I don't really know what to expect or do during a downtime. I suppose moving on to missions would be nice, but they have to have a bit of variety. Something that makes you think instead of, go kill random enemy etc etc. Maybe some stealth missions, or heavy assault missions or something would be nice to break up the pace a bit.

I don't really know what would make me happy. Being important and not some random rookie is nice. Episode one seemed to go rather well, it was engaging without dragging on for too long.

On a related note, who else is still in the RP? Is Revolver still here? I know Gunsight wrote herself out. Just curious as to player count is all. Perhaps getting a new mission with some reinforcements might be a good way to get some new players in.

I don't really know what to expect or do during a downtime
In general, it's a time to build your character by showcasing them and building relationships with other people's characters. Small JPs with other players are especially good for this because you can do a long conversation in one post.

I'm still here. I've been rolling over trying to think of what to do now that Gunsight took a rather abrupt exit. It's kind of depressing how things slow down here for so long and then something disruptive like that happens.

raz said:
Since episode 1 will wrap up soon, I think it's time for a player survey before we jump into episode 2. You can post your answers here. If you're uncomfortable with that then PM them to me.

• Are you happy with the format? If not, how would you change it? Scheduled JPs? Pad-based JPs that are posted once a week? Other ideas?
  • Are you okay with the current narrative pace? Basically, are you okay with how many words went into episode 1? Would you like strings of shorter episodes focusing on smaller events? Do you want each mission to be double what we've done?
  • What fulfills you on SARP? Rank increases? Writing? Getting award ribbons? Impacting the meta plot? Having your characters put into certain positions? Etc.
  • Is there anything you'd like to see more of? Specific themes or enemies? Allies? Is there any setting stuff you think would be cool to interact with someday?

• I like the format, to be honest. SPs are probably my weakest form of RP, but Kouzan was previously going at a pace I could handle nicely. That being said, I do like JPs and maybe that would help this plot get going again.
  • When posting is going on, the pace of Kouzan fits me just fine.
  • What fulfills me on SARP is being able to write as part of a community with other writers I like.
  • I like fighting Mishhu as far as antagonists are concerned.

I know you were telling me you were going to San Diego soon, raz. Please, please make the final post in Kouzan you've been mentioning. At the very least to wrap this up and close it out. I'm sorry this plot hasn't worked out for you, but it's the last active one I've been in and it's depressing to refresh the forums nearly every day and see no activity, especially since you get my hopes every now and again via skype.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back