• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check [ooc & Recruitment] The Conglomerate Of The Compassionate Heart

Saul

Inactive Member
The Conglomerate of the Compassionate Heart
"We wish for the best, not solely the best known."

-------------------------------------​

They are equal parts killers, thieves, kidnappers, and urban legends.

The Conglomerate is a select group not often heard spoken out loud about, but rather whispered in harsh tones with the hopes of avoiding unwanted attention. Striking with lightning precision and practiced excellence from time-tested experience and talent: violence, darkness, and death are things which come natural to the "Spooks" of the Conglomerate.

They don't like to talk about their induction process into the Conglomerate, espcially the ones that have seen their employers personally. The streets whisper of these dark masters of espionage, able to move as ghosts and killers all.

And you are among their number.

How did you attract the attention of the Conglomerate to come recruit you? That's simple.

Out of so many people in your particular field of crime, you were one of the best.

You may not have been the best known, and frankly they don't care. By whatever means, one day you found yourself contacted by a group offering pay and protection in exchange for services with them. Regardless of how they contacted you, you've now found yourself on Vice preparing for what you've been told is likely the most high-level assassination that you've ever been a part of in your entire life.

Welcome to the club. Lifetime membership guaranteed.

-------------------------------------​

The Mission
Target:
Morgan Delfin Cervantes

Picked on in school for putting more time in to study and class than girls or sports, graduated early to start in to college, and ended up on a career path that has him netting more in a month now than some of those kids who called him names in the cafeteria end up making in a whole year. Oh, and he managed to snag a bomb-shell of a wife along the way up the corporate ladder. Morgan Delfin Cervantes: what all the big-name directors of the galaxy seem to think of when they think of high school brainiacs.

He's been funneling guns in to some relatively small-time gang warfare in the streets, or really that's what his company has been doing. He's just getting paid money to come up with the stuff to give them. I know what you're thinking: "But Vice is run by criminals.", you say? Yeah, it is, and he isn't so much breaking the law as he is breaking the rules on Vice.

Do whatever you want. Just don't rock the boat.

Who wants him dead and why is hardly important. The point is that they are paying the Conglomerate handsomely to see him dead, and that means we're going to pay you well to kill him. Simple enough, right? Well we know that apparently he and his family live in New Masias. The company has a building there with living quarters for the employees as well as scientific development labs and public relations offices. What that means for us is there will probably be a lot of security and personnel that we'll have to deal with.

So get ready. We're wheels up and heading out of the safehouse in thirty minutes.

~ Elijah

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Okay, so now that we've got all of that out of the way, let us focus on the OOC side of this.

Basically the Conglomerate, as I summarized above, is a none-too-nice pack of people. There are too many heroes in the world and the Conglomerate is the counterbalance to that. While I appreciate any and all interest in this, I'm not looking for the anti-heroes, or the villain-with-a-heart-of-gold sorts of characters in any great number. If you are in the Conglomerate, you are a criminal.

Your character may have gotten in to it originally with what you percieved to be justified and "good" intentions, but to have the skill-set the Conglomerate wants and be skilled enough to be noticed, you've been doing this sort of thing long enough that you can't justify it so simply anymore. Killers, kidnappers, and thieves every one of them. They are a group of dirt-bags, regardless of professionalism, or effectiveness. I want dirt-bags for recruits.

So how about a breakdown of what I'm looking for in this operatoin as far as character slots, hm?

The Team
Team Leader - That will be handled by myself with a GM NPC

The Medic- Don't care how you got the experience, be it stitching up fellow gangsters in the back of speeding air cars, or working as a medic in the Nepleslian Marines. Just have to know what you are doing and know it well.

The Tech- This guy or gal is the computer whiz. Somebody who knows how to handle themselves well with security systems, camera networks, and anti-virus software that the group might encounter when they are out in the field.

The Weapons- Somebody who has learned of and knows some weapons better than some people know their own bodies. If it takes ammo this person will likely know how to handle it or be a quick learner.

The Explosives- Need I elaborate? Take an old beer bottle, fill it up with gasoline, paint thinner for good measure, and a sprinkle of manganese . . .

Along with these specialty-specific members of the crew, if you can think of any other talents that they might need then feel free to throw it out there. Also, a few rifleman-types wouldn't go unappreciated or unused in their operations.

Below is the character skeleton.

Name: N/A
Cover: Elijah Kepler
Role: Team leader

Name:
Cover:
Role:

* = Upon joining the Spooks, as your character has, you are issued a false identity that they try to keep in line with your gender and species. Basically, this is the name you use to refer to each other out in the field.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back