Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC: Senate RPers

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
Each star system in the senate is assigned to a player. That person controls an NPC senator from that planet. This gives each star system a single vote. Not on this list and want to control a senator (or switch worlds)? Just let me know. If you're on this list, please do you best to keep track of your star system's current events and their culture.

Albini: Fred
Anisa: FM
Gashmere: John
Hoshi no Iori: Wes (Tsunoda Shoko)
Lor: Chris
Nataria: Thomas
Ohara: Yangfan
Taiie:
Tami: Scribbles
Tatiana: Rob
Xyainbor: Thad
Yamatai: (No senator. Governed by Emperor and Empress)

I'm intrested in becoming a senator of one of the unclaimed planets, or one of the ones occupied by people who don't seem to have been involved in the StarArmy for some time. However does representing one of the NPC Senators of a planet mean you have to do anything more than vote in legislative discussions and vote?

Also are their any details about Anisa or Nataria, the two unclaimed planets, or are they like Tatiana and with no development yet. If so, and I become a senator for one, can I come up with a background for the planet, geography and people?

You've got Nataria. It's a mostly evergreen-forested world that is controlled by the military and used as a defensive base for Anisa and Tatiana. There are no major threats from the life on the planet. It was terraformed from YE 23 to YE 26 with its sister planet systems, Anisa and Tatiana by SARA ships from Hoshi no Iori.

There's no other information written on it yet.

Thank you for the position in the Senate. I'll make sure to take as active a role as I can. When you say that their is no major threats from the life on the planet, does that mean their are some minor threats? So there is some life their?

If it is used as a defensive base of Anisa and Tatiana, I'm thinking Nataria has a very small population, a lot of weapons and possibly some powerfull orbital weapons/ships/articficial satelites, with a military presence, while Tatiana and Anisa are large population or industrial sections. Would I be right?

If it is used as a defensive base of Anisa and Tatiana, I'm thinking Nataria has a very small population, a lot of weapons and possibly some powerfull orbital weapons/ships/articficial satelites, with a military presence, while Tatiana and Anisa are large population or industrial sections. Would I be right?
You are indeed right, up until the part about Anisa and Tatiana being large population centers. All three of the "Warmaster" worlds (named for three generals) are pretty low populace.

sekizen_no_yume (21:56:45): can i have elysia?
wes_of_stararmy (21:56:48): Yes.

lionheart86va (22:02:59): I'll take Nepleslia
wes_of_stararmy (22:03:10): Done

jadg_wolf (22:03:11): Whatever you give me.

zero_hunter_mark (22:03:44): i will take ANY planet

maliktheblackknight (22:03:45): i'll take any relatively non-sucky planet

kojiro_kagawa (22:09:50): I want Nataria!
wes_of_stararmy (22:09:57): Okay.
I went back and checked the conference logs. Also, some switching around has been made to allow some players to continue their planet detailing projects.
Zack said:
Guess I'm off the senate.
If you want another planet, just ask.

I wouldn't mind one, or whenever there's a goodly modern one added to the Empire at some point, if everything is jammed up~

I'll take Valaad if that's allright? By the way, what's the climate, and species? Is it just a habitable world with YSE inhabitants living on it?

Cora said:
Xyainbor's under Nepleslian control Wes.
No it isn't. Where'd that come from??

See the map.

Nepleslian star systems are:
Nepleslia
Kennewes
Rok'veru
Delsauria

I just noticed Valaad *is* still claimed by Yamatai, so now we have another slot. Since William (Rei) called it first, he gets it.

Dang missed my chance to run for senate. ;p

Sorry, this PC is acting funky and I still don't have my home system hooked up. Yay for customer service. Any planets left? Is the Nepleslian Empire setting up their own Senate?

I'd like to have the Gashmere Senate spot as I say that Tyler is not doing a good job representing Gashmere and the Kodians.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back