Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Tiavareth Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cora, you should really allow the GM to show the result of your actions. Please edit your post so it doesn't just auto-kill both the NPCs. I like to GM, you know. ;)

Also, snapping the spine of an NH-29 the way Hisoka did WOULD kill another Neko. They're incredibly resilient, but shortwiring their brain (the OS) is just the same as if you had shot her in the forehead. It's not something the blood could 'repair' so high up when they have so little time before the body would shut down.

Edit: Also, stealth is a different ability altogether. You can make camo patterns on an NH-29, but it'd work like camo clothing does for others.

I got a head of myself I admit. I'll work around an edit.

Edit: The entire gratuitous scene has been excised and something more fitting a schemer has been put in it's place.

Okay. Arieg did it too now (I asked him via an IM client to fix it.)

It isn't such a big deal in the prologue, for obvious reasons, but I have to set my foot down now to set a precedent you guys can recognize. I'm not trying to be heavy-handed or anything, but autoing success and controlling NPC's outside of what we discuss/is expected is just something that can't happen.

The relationship goes: Player writes Character actions; GM writes resolution of character actions (determining success or defeat.)

It's a relationship of...

Harmony~

If I let it happen now, then later on down the road we won't have to worry about having lame 'boss' or 'finale' fights.

Even though the first mission is up, continue the prologue as well so we can finish it out if at all possible...

Also, let me know if Tuesday is a viable JP time.

Okay. I'm going to put up a small SP thread tomorrow.

Edit: I lied. I need to get some permission from Wes before I can proceed with what I'd like to do.

It's overdue, but new plot thread up for SP. Have fun for an IC day on the ship! I should be open for side-JP's taking place on the ship during this time through the weekend. Just say when you'd like it! They'll be posted to the Mission thread when we're done.

Chris, I set something up for your character, and I'd really like to get to it in a JP, but if you're unavailable Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I understand and we can get to it in SP.

Basically, Hisoka was ordered to go to Speshurblax's quarters.

raperaperaperaperapetentacles

Meanwhile, I figure I should do a JP with Michael trying to get things in order.

I'm back. Expect us to kick off... sometime soon. I have no clue. I need a roll call, so pop in and say something!

Finds himself in a clearing, ahead of him is a velosiraptor. Suddenly a raptor pops out from the side, "Clever girl."

Fear me, for I am the Leader of the Thirteen Brothers of Evil, the President of the Twenty-Eight Tentacles, the Wielder of Truth, and the Lord of the Dance.

And I shall have my vengeance.

We're back in business, boys and girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back