• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Planet Yamatai
Kyoto
Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area

Akahana fell silent as she listened to the next trivia question, her ears changing shapes as she indexed digital mind for what might be an answer, albeit finding nothing satisfactory. Unfortunately, that meant she would have to do some research—a skill she had honed to a fine edge in her work as an Analyst.

Surely, she could do the same thing here!

As she committed a sub-process of her computerized mind to the endeavor of finding out Aethersperm’s old rival, Akahana shifted her gaze to Alastair and offered him a grateful smile.

“Thank you for the drinks, Belmont-sama.” The Snowy Neko said as she raised her drink to clink it against her former Captain’s glass, before taking a long swig!

"You can call me 'Sir'!" Hoshi said with a devilish grin. "Akahana is a cute name. Where are you stationed?"

“Yes, sir!” Akahana piped up in response, with a playful salute added for good measure! Quickly deciding not to press for her real name, the Analyst took another sip of her mai tai, before speaking once more. “I’m assigned to Fort Vicky right now, but I used to be posted to the YSS Kōun.” Akahana continued, gesturing towards Alastair as she did.

“Some...interesting things happened during my last deployment.”

Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area
Yuri blushed as she was called little cub, and Hoshi also made comments about her quiet nature. “Oh yeah, sorry I got that from mommy!” she said before she thought about it. “Well, I do like music. I can play the flute quite well, I picked it up a few days after I was born. My teachers think I might be able to play other instruments similar to that, ” she said to her.Her head turned to the ones doing the trivia night, and began focusing. “I think String Smasher was.. No, not sure..” she said and frowned, as thus far she hadn’t been able to get any of the answers. She found it a little frustrating though she didn’t show it on her face.

She glanced to Akahana. “so.. What's the YSS Koun like?’ She asked her. “I’m debating whether or not I should go there instead of the ship mommy is assigned.. I haven’t decided et though.

Kakushi Nekoba
Game area
LYNIRA

Lynira was enthralled in the ongoing conversation going on about the question posed. However she felt the need to loosen up a bit and arose from her seat to head towards the bar once she noticed Alastair had returned to the table. An accidental run in became the last thing on her mind when she ordered a delightful frozen margarita. Slender delicate hands caressed the holy beverage as she happy danced back to her seat now content with whatever may come. Sips of her drink were accompanied by wiggles of happiness as each sip took her further away from worrying who was there.

This next question definitely made her ears twitch as the tips subtly turned pink. Quite apparently the music scene here in Yamatai had an extensive variety. She made a mental note to add Aethersperm and their alleged competitor to her playlist. Silently she cursed under her breath for not having brought her datapad. "Next time, I am wearing a dress with pockets." she thought to herself as she patted where she wished those pockets would be.

Planet Yamatai
Kyoto
Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area

Akahana’s luminescent gaze lit up as she took in Yuri’s adorably-flushed cheeks, causing an enthralled expression to manifest itself across the Snowy Neko’s alabaster features.

“Maybe we should start a band to rival Aethersperm!” Akahana said. “I play the harp.” She continued, as her cyan lips turned upwards in a playful smile. “Also, ask Belmont-sama about the Kōun. He knows more about it than I do. I’m sure you’ll be a great addition to any ship in the Star Army!” The Snowy Neko added.

All the while, Akahana continued her research. So far, it had yielded Macchiato Sun, but the two words in that particular band’s name didn’t start with S and C respectively. Nevertheless, the Snowy Neko wrote it down on her paper and showed it to the others, in the hopes that the name might trigger someone’s memory!

Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area

"I'm not very musically inclined," Hoshi said with a tilt of her head to her shoulder and a blasé expression at the question and its answer. "The harp is a beautiful instrument, though. You must look like what the angels wish they were while you play!"

About the Koun, she was interested but insomuch as knowing how her former second officer ran his ship. Akahana's experience piqued her interest and her eyes glittered as she leaned towards Akahana.

In a rumbly whisper she asked, "Interesting how?!"

Planet Yamatai
Kyoto
Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area

Time was running out!

So far, her Analyst skills were being thoroughly outmatched by the power of obscure music trivia, a reality which slowly dawned on the Snowy Neko as she worked her digital mind harder in an attempt to uncover the answer. Unfortunately, Akahana could only give a resigned sigh once she had exhausted all of her research avenues, before pushing the paper back to the center of the table in the hopes that the others knew the answer.

Nevertheless, as much as she had wanted to find the answer, Akahana didn’t let her failure dampen her mood—a task made that much easier when the blue-haired Neko paid her a delightful compliment! Naturally, couldn’t hold back the crimson that flushed across her alabaster cheeks as a smile came over her features, causing her to briefly cover her mouth in bashful appreciation. However, the blue-haired Neko’s next question caught her for a loop:

In a rumbly whisper she asked, "Interesting how?!"

Akahana’s ears twitched.

“Oh umm….just a lot of…weirdness.” She answered vaguely, in a low whisper. “We did fight a swarm of corrupted AIs once, though.” The Snowy Neko added.

Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area

Alastair took his drink and give it a ding against the glass held by Akahana. He then looked towards the yet to be identified Hoshi. "Funny, bet if I asked for your number I'd get 555-5555 too right." He said with a chuckle and a wink. This had peaked his curious side very much. He felt this person was of Star Army and it was clear he was of rank within this group. This led him to believe this might be someone of even higher rank. This would make sense why they might not be fully open to share their name. Alastair did love himself a good mystery. "Very well, sir, I shall address you as such." He then mirrored Akahana and gave a solute towards her.

Alastair listened to the group talk about making a band. This was an interest idea as he was fairly good at playing the sax a boom and violin. "That would be a very fun. I play the." The table nearest to them had kicked up the noise as he finished. "Sex a boom." He said with a big smile. It had not clicked that the words spoken did not match the intended output. He was not speaking up as Akahana spoke of the Koun. Figured he would let this hang before he added more details if needed.

Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area

Hoshi graciously took and sipped her drink and gently bounced towards Aiko's shoulder to get her attention.

"It's like being in one of those big arboretums meant for, uh... Oh, a butterfly garden. Sipping this is like being in one of those." The captain giggled her words towards her XO, "I'm refitting one of those onto the ship during our downtime."

"Next question, a gimme, if you ask me!" The redhead vociferated. "So ears up or not, your choice!"

The sunny-haired host said, "Three of the following were upgrades a buyer could get to their Nekovalkyrja weapons. Which of these four is not an upgrade they could get?"

The redhead said, "Gyroscopic tail, wings, photosynthetic skin, or tentacles?"

"What kind of cloth are you cut from?" Hoshi asked, her cheery peach face had fallen as she looked at Alastair with a halting look. She repeated the phrase which had induced her change of tone, "The sex a boom!? Weirdness on your ship? Come on, Belmont!"

Last edited:
Planet Yamatai
Kyoto
Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area

Yuri grinned at Akahana’s statement of them starting a band to rival Aethersperm. The idea appealed to the young adult Neko. She began processing that a flute and harp could potentially make a good song, maybe a peaceful one. The beautiful snowy Neko recommended she talk to Belmont-sama about the Koun. This caused her to turn her head as Hoshi called the silly man Belmont. She made a mental note of his appearance, while trying to help her team. “Swarm of AI? Momma told be on a mission like that once, ” she said before finally the next question came.

Yuri grinned as she was certain of this next one. She knew that most had tails and she knew that Photosynthetic skin was a thing and her mother had seen a Neko with tentacles. “It's gotta be Wings!” she said of her teammates. “Only Elysians, and certain Synth’s in the NDC have Wings. I’ve never seen a Neko with wings before, even a very old one!” Yuri grinned with glee at the thought she might actually help with this part of trivia.

Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area

Alastair looked at Hoshi for a moment as the words sunk into his mind. The gears slowly turned as he looked around the table at the odd looks. He replied the words in his mind, sax a boom, a boom, sax bom, aboom sax, sex boom a, sex a boom. His eyes glazed over as it became perfectly clear how his words had come out. "Oh no no no, Sax a boom, the electric sax toy. My gosh, how that came out all wrong." He said waving his hands in front of himself. He then reached up and rubbed his hand over his face. Even using the right wording didn't make it sound any less weird. Then the reality set in what he had just done. To save time Alastair has linked with the Kouns AI to process this faster, he could already hear the squeals from the Neko monitoring the search feed. No matter, back to the matter at hand. His hand continued and ran through his hair slowly.

Alastair brushed the thought aside and knew he'd have this next question nailed. Having a ship filled with Neko he knew all the features he'd most want to have as standard for them. "Toothbrush attachment, trigger safety and a stun setting." Alastair said with confidence. Though he knew this was more his wish list than what followed Star Army, but why not have a little fun with this.

Planet Yamatai
Kyoto
Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area

Alastair listened to the group talk about making a band. This was an interest idea as he was fairly good at playing the sax a boom and violin. "That would be a very fun. I play the." The table nearest to them had kicked up the noise as he finished. "Sex a boom."

Akahana immediately covered her mouth, holding back a giggle as crimson blossomed across her alabaster features. Nevertheless, the Snowy Neko remained silent as she quickly finished off her mai tai, its smooth lemon flavor taking her taste buds by storm in the process. Licking her lips, the Analyst listened intently as the speakers delivered the next trivia questions.

“Uhhh…I agree with Yuri~” Akahana purred as she offered a coy glance towards the brown-haired Neko next to her. “It’s gotta be wings!” She added.

Kakushi Nekoba
Game area
LYNIRA

Lynira lifted her hands from where she had patted her pockets to caress the cup that held her drink. With a sigh she took a sip trying to block out all that was to come in her future. When she overhead Alastair's comment about playing the "sex a boom" she spit her drink all over the table very loudly choking for a brief moment. "What in the fresh hell?" she thought to herself. Carefully she went about cleaning her mess with nearby absorbent materials apologizing to others at the table. "Went down the wrong way, I am so sorry." She was so focused on cleaning that she did not hear any further conversation from that direction for the time being. Once she had finished cleaning up her mess she wandered off to dispose of the now soaked materials shaking her head while quietly cursing to herself.

Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area Booth

The second question had caught Aiko's interest in a way that caused her buzzed brain to go on and on tangentially thinking of some other useless piece of pop culture she'd heard about at some point. While the others talked, she simply looked up toward the ceiling with rolling eyes as she wondered, trying to find some memory that could have given them the answer. Committing such fleeting trivialities as the names of bands to memory wasn't something the princess did at all — although she enjoyed plebeian music both famous and obscure from time to time — so the Space Corpses didn't come to mind as her thoughts wandered around and around until Hoshi nudged her back to the moment.

"A lepidopterarium?" Aiko questioned with some bewilderment from the triple-threat of her new cocktail, failing to think of the metal band's name, and Hoshi's sudden new idea for the ship. The technical word for butterfly conservatories came to Aiko immediately, unlike the moniker carried by one of Aethersperm's lesser-known contemporaries. "You must consult Boss first, she may not appre—" the princess insisted quickly, before halting her sentence in its tracks because of Alastair's presence. "Our boss. The captain may not appreciate a butterfly installation without prior consultation."

Aiko then dragged her second mai tai closer across the table with both hands, staring straight into the pile of crushed ice that crested out of the new cup's Phodian head while she took a long sip through the straw. And thusly her wonderings about metal bands and putting butterflies on the Kaiyō were quickly replaced with hopeful confidence that Alastair wouldn't yet see through her nor Hoshi's disguises just yet.

"As for early Nekovalkyrja modifications," Aiko added between sips, doing her best to move past her possible slip-up. She wanted to purge the touch of intoxication straightaway, but refrained for now for Hoshi's benefit. "Are we for sure that the next answer is indeed 'wings?'"

Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area Booth

"I'm just joking, I wouldn't put our Boss out like that," Hoshi said to Aiko with a wry smile on her peach face. "Maybe we should ask her what she wants? I'd sign off on whatever, er... co-sign I mean. Maybe she'd agree to a lepidopterarium, as you say, if she tasted one of these bad Delsy boys." Her blue eyes twinkled as they looked under her bangs at the group, caching herself up to speed on the conversation at hand.

"Mmm, it looked like this," Hoshi said before taking up the pen and paper and flipping it over. She drew an early version of the NH-series with the back showing and pointed to the many ports along the shoulder blades. It was sketchy but it was clear this woman liked to draw because she kept going afterwards, sketching a wing with an arrow to the openings on the back.

"This is where the wings attached, see? HS1 and HS2 hardpoints. I've seen enough lounging pics of Yui-sama in old architectural magazines to know that, but there's also promo pics from back then where she had wings, herself. They're not just for the enemy. Only a pitiable attachment to our downfall is what our past and present enemies can claim as theirs alone."

Her pen dawdled around the shoulderblade, "Right here in the same area I got an aether lance embedded while fighting a squid last mission. It was pretty mangled for the whole first day of battle. Kind of a bum deal in comparison."

Taking in a breath then a drink, Hoshi went on, "But anyway, it's not that and we've all seen our catgirl predecessor's tails. Maybe the gyroscopic bit is meant to foil us? Then again, why would they even be part of a weapon if they're not meant to do something?"

Hoshi had rambled. The bright sunny-haired girl piped up, "One minute!!"

Planet Yamatai
Kyoto
Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area

Yuri glanced to Alastair, as she discovered he had a bit of a miscommunication when he said Sax a boom. Though she wasn’t as familiar with such a toy as her mother had never gotten her one. Alastair also mentioned some ideas he thought hadn’t been a part of the original Nekos. To the young new adult she thought the ideas were silly, and her own were actually correct. Akahana agreed with her, which caused Yuri to smile at her.

Her attention went to Lynira as her medical training kicked in hard, but she seemed ok so she relaxed. The Neko took note of her actions before turning her head back to the group she was a part of. Aiko’s words were odd to her, at least the second ones. Of course a Captain would be a boss, but the way she said it was odd to her. In addition, she remembered her aunt Kiyo saying something, about how her old ship’s AI was called boss. Could it be possible that Aiko was a member of Kiyo’s old crew? Yuri didn’t know but she wasn’t sure if she wanted to ask in case it made them nervous which is the impression she got.

Yuri blinked as Hoshi created artwork, and thought she was very good at it. “Oh, you really good!” she said as an idea got into her mind. “Miss, if mommy had a drawing competition here, would you be interested in joining?” she asked her.

Planet Yamatai
Kyoto
Kakushi Nekoba
Bar

"Sorry you get stuck with Onee-chan duty again, Dorei-chan. Hope to see you soon!"

Well, wasn't that just fantastic - ditched via wireless transmission so her friends could go to the Chrome Catgirl instead of the Kakushi Nekoba lounge! That in itself would not have been so bad were it not for the fact that Akasuki was currently perched atop a stool in front of the bar in said lounge, having been waiting for her friends for a short while now. The only reason they had planned on hitting the Kakushi Nekoba tonight was because Ami's new boytoy was a soldier and he and his friends could get cheaper drinks here. Now, there was nothing stopping her from making her own way to join her other friends. Well, almost nothing. Just the small matter of the most unreliable member of their group of friends was supposedly on her way, but wasn't responding to any of them so someone had to wait behind in case she showed up.

Still, Akasuki couldn't complain overly much as she had, just like every other time, volunteered to stay behind. At least she wouldn't feel like quite as much of an oddity, considering that all her friends were partnered up for the evening. As an additional bonus, the lounge was a comfortable and inviting place that she would probably come visit again. Akasuki really liked the red oak wood on show throughout the bar and the service so far had been exemplary. Now that she knew she would be here a while, the minkan ordered a replacement cup of gyokuro green tea, having really appreciated the sweet flavour of the previous cup.

While awaiting her hot beverage, her eyes flicked over to the shelf with the dolls. She had noticed it when entering the lounge, but not paid it much heed at the time, eager to see which of her friends would be waiting for her. Now though, Akasuki found her eyes drawn to the various outfits the dolls were wearing, mentally pulling the designs apart into the component pieces. The dressmaker couldn't help but compare the designs to her own outfit, it being constructed similarly albeit more carefully and on a much larger scale.

Akasuki was wearing a Homongi-style kimono of bronze silk with a repeating sakura blossom motif climbing seamlessly across the front hem. The design repeated across the rear right shoulder and sleeve and on the front left shoulder and sleeve, again flowing across hem lines. A nagoya obi sat at her waist, a wide, rose pink band of silk that was tied in a taiko musubi knot at her back. The obi was smooth and without style, except for the emerald green swallowtail butterflies visible across the material forming the knot. Her usual hime-styled hair was adorned with a pair of hana kanzashi hairpins set high on her head, decorated with trailing sakura blossoms and more emerald green swallowtail butterflies. The only other adornment was Akasuki's gold and black lacquered inro, decorated with gentle curved geometric patterns, which was suspended from the obi so it sat in front of her right hip. The jika-tabi on her feet, especially adapted for partying and the same pink as her obi, were fitted with comfortable soles and reinforced lining to protect her toes from being stood on.

All in all, the outfit looked wonderful and was comfortable to wear. Akasuki had originally planned to wear a simpler tsukesage kimono, but her mother had objected on the grounds that it wouldn't show her off as well. As most compromises went in the Kaneko household, Akasuki had done what her mother wanted and worn the homongi. Admittedly, when paired with her pale pink skin and dark brown hair, the ensemble worked well. Regardless of how abrasive a personality her mother could be, Akasuki would never cast aspersions at her sense of design.

Swallowing the irritation at that earlier confrontation, and the many that had preceded it in recent years, Akasuki looked around. Now she wasn't on the lookout for her friends arriving, the minkan was curious to see who else was present in the lounge. Now she was properly paying attention, she could see several groups spread around, mostly nekovalkyrja who appeared to be involved with the ongoing trivia event. Distracted by the arrival of her tea, Akasuki turned and bowed her head to the gynoid tending the bar.

"Thank you. The gyokuro is sublime."

Planet Yamatai
Kyoto
Kakushi Nekoba
Game Area

Clearly, there was far more for her to learn about early Nekovalkyrja history than what she already knew. Akahana’s luminescent gaze widened with awe as ‘Sir’ sketched out an early version of the NH-series and explained where the wings had been attached. Even drunk as she was (if only slightly), the Analyst was very much interested in learning from a Neko who seemed to be her senior, in spite of the fact that her true identity wasn’t immediately obvious.

“So it isn’t wings, then.” Akahana said. As she did, she quickly processed a search for the aforementioned promo pics of Yui with wings, the results of which flew into her awareness within nanoseconds.

“Wings, a tail, and halo?!” The Snowy Neko exclaimed, her jaw falling slack as she did. “By Chiharu, the early Nekovalkyrja were badass!”

KAKUSHI NEKOBA, KYOTO

Tiny footsteps clicked across the paved ground as larger, heavier steps plodded clumsily behind. A short Nekovalkyrja, notably short for an NH-33, maintained a firm grip on the taller NH-33A trailing behind her. She dragged this poor soul along indignantly, worry washing over her pale features and energizing her jog. Her light blue dress swayed back and forth as she wove around bystanders and onlookers. Her long, curly, platinum-blond hair was pulled back into a thick ponytail, and every bounce send wild locks everywhere. There was no denying she was in a hurry.

”We’re going to miss it! Come on!”

”Vera, relax. We’ll have time to catch up,” said a cool and collected voice.

The taller Neko being pulled along looked completely different from her. Jet black hair framed her sharp features and matured gaze. Underneath the top layer of her hair, jet black strands slowly melded into a yellow hue, matching the bold, golden look of the 33A’s skin on the inside of her haircut. She wore a different outfit, a shirt and ironed pants paired with polished combat boots. She held on tight to Vera’s toddler-sized hand, but tried her best to slow her down and have her calmly enter the lounge. Green eyes caught sight of the entrance as they neared, and pulled on her own reigns. Straightening up and resisting Vera’s pull, she swung the little Neko back towards her with the her own momentum. Much like a toddler, Vera‘s flustering caused a tantrum to stir.

”Annelise, we’re going to miss it!”

As she pulled away again, Annelise bent down to rest her free arm on her thighs. She continued to hold on to Vera’s tiny hand, patiently and silently waiting until Vera met her gaze. After a moment, Vera stopped trying to fight her mother’s grip. She sighed and turned back to the 33A, staring her down with the biggest, sweetest, bluest eyes ever installed on a Nekovalkyrja.

“Ok. I’m ready. I’ll be good, I promise.”

Annelise flashed Vera a knowing smile. “I know you will. I simply wanted you to calm down.”

A deep breath from the Mini Neko had her mother rising and resuming their walk towards the entrance. Vera walked beside her now instead of pulling in front, still holding onto her hand. They greeted people by the entrance as they slipped through, the Shoi Kohosei using her height advantage to scope out a table as soon as possible. She found an empty table in the back corner, the same one Lynira sat at before she left to fix her drink. They silently made their way over to the table and took their seats, Annelise helping Vera up due to her shorter stature. As Annelise situated herself, Vera noticed the paper slip left behind by the Norian. She leaned over to grab it, her childish features contorting in displeasure as she observed the questions on the paper. Had they really asked that one?

”Ew,” she remarked.

”What's wrong?” Annelise asked.

"Nothing."

Annelise sent a concerned, sidelong glance Vera's way. But when Vera didn't say anything further she also moved on. Vera only pouted, fixing her seat next to the 33A as she turned her attention to the current question listed. She didn’t bother with the first two until she answered the current one.

They were on question 3: Three of the following were upgrades a buyer could get to their Nekovalkyrja weapons. Which of these four is not an upgrade they could get? Gyroscopic tail, wings, photosynthetic skin, or tentacles? Vera huffed proudly, almost dismissing it. She knew exactly what the answer was! She asked Annelise to request a pen from the server who returned with their drinks. When the waitress agreed and departed, Annelise turned back to her counterpart.

”What’s the question?”

”Which of the mentioned upgrades could not be installed on a Nekovalkyrja?” Vera paraphrased. Her confidence bloomed in trivia sessions like these, and it put a smile on her mother’s face. She scored high enough marks in her mental testing to be considered Eidetic. If she knew the answer, there was little reason for Annelise to doubt it.

”Go on and answer, then.” Annelise encouraged her. She took a sip of red wine, gently placing the glass down afterward. She mindlessly swirled the red alcohol as she continued to observe the Game Area.

Last edited:
Kakushi Nekoba
Game area
LYNIRA

Lynira wandered over to the nearest trash receptacle to dispose of all the tissue she had used to clean her little mess. There was a small blush on her cheeks as she noticed she had worried someone with her choking fit. With her empty hand she offered a friendly wave to Yuri while mouthing "I am so sorry." Almost as if dunking a ball through a hoop she dropped the refuse into the trash spinning around daintily to make her way back to the others at her table. Luckily the poor table had gotten the worst of it and she had made sure to get every bit, taking all of the trash with her when she departed.

To replace her drink she wandered back over to the bar decidedly ordering a ice cold pink fishbowl cocktail. Once she received her beverage she paid the bartender, caressing the receptacle unleashing a happy beverage goblin wiggle. This made the hem of her black sundress twirl a bit around her thighs until once again she was on her way to a table. The Norian had noted Akasuki's presence, but also the residual heat coming off the beverage in the woman's hand. On top of everything else on her plate getting sick was the last thing she needed; she offered a polite nod of acknowledgement in passing hoping it did not come off as rude.

On approach to the table it was readily apparent that two new occupants had sat among the others already at the table.
"Goodness, I see you found my notes on the questions. My apologies, I am Lynira and woefully rather new here to Yamatai. May I ask what your names are?" she inquired with a friendly smile as she slipped into her seat.

Last edited:
Vera’s legs swung back and forth as she leaned over the table top and wrote down the answer to the third question. The regular sized pen looked bigger when she wrote with it, and watching her work endeared the 33A. Annelise was grateful she got her a set of office supplies tailor made specially for her. She wondered if Vera’s coworkers would take her seriously if she used regular ones.

”What’s the answer?” Annelise asked. Vera looked up excitedly and her legs stopped swinging. But right as she opened her mouth to answer, she nervously glanced around her mom and towards the trivia night hosts. Her gaping mouth slowly closed as she returned Annelise’s gaze.

”I don’t think we can say it out loud. We’ll give it away.”

”Right, I assumed such,” Annelise replied. “Let me see.”

Vera slid the paper towards the 33A with a big smile on her face. Her legs starting swinging again and her shoulders rocked back and forth, taking her head along with them. Her ponytail swayed back and forth opposite her head, and she resembled a child waiting excitedly but patiently for something. When Annelise read Vera’s answer, she sent her a curious glance.

”Really? That one?”

”M-Hm!” Vera’s nod exuded cheery confidence. Color mom surprised.

”I wouldn’t have guessed that.”

Vera crossed her arms. ”I thought you would’ve known. You took that Star Army history course at Kyoto College. Technically speaking, you just graduated, too.”

”Right. I just graduated about ten years ago.”

Their conversation was interrupted by Lynira’s return. Annelise looked up expectantly while Vera waved enthusiastically. “Hi! It’s nice to meet you, Lynira-San! Your surname is so pretty!”

”No apologies needed. We haven’t met previously.” Annelise held out a hand for Lynira to shake. ”It’s a pleasure. This is Annesdottir, Vera.”

”And this is my mom, Strixdottir, Annelise!” Vera coupled on. Annelise smirked, laughing to herself as she reclined in her chair. She then leaned over to Vera in a motherly fashion.

”Vera, we should give her paper back.”

”Oh, right!” Vera capped the pen and slid the paper off the table to get a better grip on it. Right before she handed it off, she asked a couple questions. “Do you have teammates? Do you need any?“ And then with feigned innocence, “Do you want any?” It was easy to tell she was trying to use her cute, childlike features on Lynira to get back into the trivia game.

”Vera, it’s fine. We can get our own paper.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back