• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Operation La Prossima]Mission 1: Ipnotizzatore della Discarica

Odori Settlement
The barrel of the Odori's deck gun plowed though the sand towards the last truck in the convoy. Without even the attempt to swerve a blinding white light streaked out and enveloped the last truck in a deafening blast that splashed over the middle truck and left nothing more than a crater where the other truck used to be. The two remaining trucks continued towards the entrance of the walls in a staggered formation with their heavy machine guns tapping out a steady rhythm of death.
Shots glanced off of the hood of their trucks from the snipers with one hitting the driver of the lead truck who hardly flinched as it struck his heavy chest armor, but his hand rose to stuff a cloth into the newly formed hole. The machine guns kept their pace of firing as the trucks rapidly approached. The marksmen rose from their perch and turned to take cover behind the wall, the taller of the two pulling the other to safety only for his chest to erupt into a spray of gore as a 35mm slug struck him from behind scattering bits of flesh over the men hiding below.

"Noo!" Griff cried as he raised his right arm and fired a volley of bluish white streaks from his plasma gun. A shot glanced off of the shields of the second trucks mounted gunner, transferring heat into his arm which the gunner shook his arm wildly as it burned his flesh and responded with more gunfire, to which Griff dove out of the way. Plumes of sand puffed from the sand where he'd been standing as the huge rounds made impact.

Odori Bridge
Scrambling out of the access panel, Thorn slammed her transponder cable into the tactical display to look for anything this old Odori still had to defend itself. Shields, comm, anything. She knew she had a developer copy of IIS's OSMSP, that she could load and if this beast had a working comm array of the right type, then she had a weapon. But alas, no luck. This ship had everything of value taken or disabled before being dumped here. And now, she did the only thing she could. She started running for the shuttle to retrieve the requested sword, and perhaps offer better fire support from a more heavily armed vessel.
Getting outside took her all of a few seconds, and another thirty seconds to cross the gap between the ship and she shuttle. She arrived at the weapons locker` windecanf the spooling turbine in her chest barely keeping up with her demand for oxygen. But she still hurled it open, pulling...

"He didn't say the damn sword was bigger than me! Fine...". So she leaned into the weight, half carrying, half dragging the sword out to the loading ramp and unceremoniously dropping it there as she saw Miko soar overhead in his armor. "Sword's outside on--" the sheathed sword instantly shot off like a missile towards Zerza.

"That fucking thing can fly?!" The takeoff took her by surprise, but she didn't have time to stick around. The locals needed support. She turned to run to the Shoebox's bridge and go through the shuttle's weapons as she brought the comms and targeting arrays online. "Good morning, friendlies, I'll be your intrusive thoughts today, I'm painting targets and will provide fire support where possible. Sorry about the mess."

Zerza Spaceport

Expressions of horror spread as the crowd split, pushing away from the scene only to be landlocked by their fellow market goers. The bearded man struggled as he dangled by the neck choking out his indignation, "unhand me- fiend! He-help!" Barone walked casually to a recently abandoned food cart taking a kebab of unknown meat off of the grill that looked close enough to ready and leaned against the cart and watched. Glancing to Dokusei he mouthed the words, "do science stuff" as he pointed to Brandt.

Victor Brandt threw the man down and demanded in the coolest of ways, "you will come with me and give me all of your possessions, then you will be my personal pilot." The aged man spat at him, "I don't work with thugs like you," with exertion he rose to his feet defiantly, "I've heard of you. These people might fear you but you'll never scare me!" With the speed of a long time gunslinger the bearded man drew his SiZi Model 30 plasma revolver and fired, the plasma bolt scattering over Victor's body harmlessly. He fired again to no avail as Victor held his arms outstretched mockingly. The bearded man pressed the barrel against Victors forehead as who willingly bowed to his level to accommodate their difference in height. The man roared a shout and fired again, this time his barrel bursting from the pressure buildup.

"Are you done yet? Because I am!" The Hypnotist yelled as he held his gold trimmed staff over the man. The gem glowed a bright green beam of light over the man's face who visibly entered a trance as he stared up intensely into the light, dropping the ruined pistol. "You WILL come with me and give me all of your possesions," he demanded loudly as the beam intensified, "then you WILL be my personal pilot!" The staff flashed a final time as the man screamed in pain, dropping to his knees, shaking.

The bearded man looked back up to Victor, "I- I believe I need to give you some things, yes? I will fly you when you are ready, sir," he stated submissively standing up, slowly, and standing next to him. "You see? Isn't it better when everyone just does what they're told?" Victor looked over the crowd who now found themselves being pushed toward the middle be power armored figures with various rifles and projections of Victor's face over their helmets, "I can do this to any one, any time, but I only wish to take on so many dependants so I'll do the humane thing and simply shoot anyone else that wants to resist. And now... Please hand over all of your valuables to the men with bags. Come along pilot!"

Men with large bags began to move through the crowd as Victor departed, their faces similarly covered by holographic projections of Victor. They worked fast looting the civilians until they worked their way to Barone who simply held up his arms as the men stole his belongings. His communicator, HHG, and NSP all went into the bag along with the half eaten kabab he voluntarily dropped in, earning him a slap in the face.. just long enough to send a final message to Thorn, 'track my communicator.'

Barone nodded reassuringly to Dokusei as the thugs approached her, gesturing an OK and making a sweeping motion with his wrist.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back