Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Origin] Frame Weapons

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Targa Shield
Okay, the general concept is okay

I think the SP is a bit high, this shield is roughly 1/3 of the size of the Pavise, (18 square meters for the Pavise, 6 square meters for the Targa

It is also made of a significantly softer substance. (Pavise - Nerimium-plated Durandium) Targa is a Durandium-plastic composite

I think the SP should probably be about 5 for this smaller lighter shield.

Pavise should be a link to the Pavise page

OI-M1-W3107 Hyper Rifle
Missing Dimensions for the weapon.

At the specified muzzle velocity I have to agree with Uso, the projectile would be heated by the friction and flash detonate, the velocity should be lowered, or the projectile is going to have to some sort of shielding to protect it until it hits the target.

The firing mechanism needs refinement.
A semi-automatic firearm, a firearm which automatically reloads, but will only fire one round per trigger pull

So in that semi-auto mode "new round being loaded between the rails whenever the trigger is pulled" So when does the weapon fire if pulling the trigger causes it to load? If its part of the same process please update the page to state it.

But it then says. The Rifle is operated by a simple trigger that loads a round between the rails, and continues the loading action when held down.

This needs to be updated, that it loads after firing a round, and continues. As it reads, it implies the weapon just keeps loading and loading.

OI-M1-W3107 Hyper Rifle

Is still missing specifications, aka dimensions.

Targa Shield
SP has not been changed. See above with regards to what the SP of this should be most likely.

Nashoba said:
OI-M1-W3107 Hyper Rifle

Is still missing specifications, aka dimensions.

Targa Shield
SP has not been changed. See above with regards to what the SP of this should be most likely.

The Dimensions are right there in the article, and I changed the shield back to Nerimium.

Really, It's Right There In the Article, I don't see how you can miss it.

OI-M1-3110 Gamma Ray Vulcan
Description conflict
3110 Gamma Ray Vulcan is a lightweight anti-missile weapon
But in the specifications

Primary Purpose: Anti-Personnel
Secondary Purpose: Anti-Drone

OI-M1-W3112 Light Railgun
The Light Railgun is attached to the frame's waist by a swivel, which allows the gun to swing 180 degrees up and down to both fire and targets and move out of the frame's way when in use.
So based on this the weapon can not track left and right. Just up and down.

If one looks at it properly, Vaake gave this thing a penis that can shoot a load at things. Just saying.

there's two of those weapons, on on either side of the waist. nice job reading all relevant article, Cora.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back