• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[[Origin]] M1 Oban

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
I have looked over this and deem it satisfactory. it may look a little bare but a lot of the details have been linked for ease.

Also, I'm imposing a Limitation on Five, He cannot make/submit another Militaristic design until he has completed at least 5 purely civilian submissions. This counts as 1/5.

This article should be wikified before being reviewed. Anything that links to another submission page and says 'it is exactly like that' should really link to an entirely separate wiki article about that sub system.

Why, Uso?

The links contained here take you directly to the pertinent information, in exactly the same way as if they were separate wiki articles. This even has advantages, that being it needs less wiki articles to get the same message across. this not only saves memory but also saves time in the long run, because people don't have to make 50 articles just to submit one thing.

StarArmy gets penalized on search engines for continually linking to the same page and it is lazy.

It is one thing to have small tech items as part of a larger submission but when those items are being used in multiple submissions then it is time for them to have their own page.

After all, what happens when you update/make changes to the Ashigaru page?

How about this: Compromise

There is no way that i'm going to make tiny individual articles for each subsystem on this when I can just link back to the Ashigaru, which, because it's old, won't have it's page updated. I really don't see why I can't do that, when it was okay for the Kirin, which was based on the Asura, to link back to the Asura for the systems that it shared.

But, if this is too logical and easy for you, I'll make a special page containing all the common subsystem that Origin uses on their frames.

Systems Wikified.

I assume there will not be any more silly things getting in the way of this oh so simple civilian design being approved.

This review is for: Oban

The submitted article is/has…
[x] A general topic sentence under the title header
[x] Artwork (illustrations are strongly encouraged for all spacecraft and handheld items)
[x] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[x] In the proper format/template
[x] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[x] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[ ] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[x] No red and/or broken links
[x] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[x] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[ ] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[ ] Obtusely redundant
[x] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[ ] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[ ] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[ ] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[ ] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[ ] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[ ] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[ ] Lacking Detail
[ ] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[x] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[ ] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[x] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[x] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary
Note here if any serious issues are present. These are the issues that will hold up approval.

** surprisingly <-- Reinforced Hand-To-Hand (Spell check article)

** Cockpit and Reinforced Hand to Hand are both copy/pasted almost entirely from the Ashigaru and really should be wikified.

** DR category not listed.

**Spell check needed on (https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=or ... ha_systems ) article. Separate not separate, dissipating not dissipating ect. ,

Notes
This field is for any extra description needed for the issues stated above or (as the name suggests) and additional notes you wish to state in the record regarding the item.

I intend to finish this review by: Wednesday

Last edited by a moderator:

That's it

It shouldn't be this hard to get a civillian modification to something that has already been approved approved.

I quit. I'm not putting up with Uso's shenanigans any longer. I'll resubmit this when Wes comes to his damn senses and takes away any NTSE mod powers you have.

Re: [Origin] M1 Oban

[x] Artwork (illustrations are strongly encouraged for all spacecraft and handheld items)

[ ] Obtusely redundant
[ ] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[ ] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[ ] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[ ] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[ ] Lacking Detail
[ ] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[x] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).

Summary
Note here if any serious issues are present. These are the issues that will hold up approval.

** Reinforced Hand to Hand is copy/pasted almost entirely from the Ashigaru and really should be wikified.

**Spell check needed on (https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=or ... ha_systems ) article. Separate not seperate, dissipating not dissipating ect. ,

Notes
This field is for any extra description needed for the issues stated above or (as the name suggests) and additional notes you wish to state in the record regarding the item.

I intend to finish this review by: Today

Responses to this tread should go here: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5176&start=10

[ ] Obtusely redundant
[ ] Lacking Detail

The article has…

Summary

** Reinforced Hand to Hand is copy/pasted almost entirely from the Ashigaru and really should be wikified.

**Spell check needed on (https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=or ... ha_systems ) article. Separate not seperate, dissipating not dissipating ect. ,

Notes

I intend to finish this review by: When above problems are corrected

An open bitching contest like this with Uso on the New Technologies and Setting Elements forum like this is unacceptable, Fiver.

Here are the other iterations I've seen from you today:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5344
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5176
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5342
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5341

There are proper channels, and private messages, that you can use to bring attention to the concerned parties.

Seeing the current abuse, sheer unreasonableness and lack of respect I see from you trying to brute force this in - especially in open spite of Uso - it is my recommendation to the site's staff that your rights to access the NTSE forum be revoked for six months.

In that span of time, you will hopefully be able to contribute to it more respectfully and responsibly as befits a Star Army Game Master.

When I use the proper channels, such as attempting to talk it out with Uso, I am ignored, and brushed aside.

Fiver said:
When I use the proper channels, such as attempting to talk it out with Uso, I am ignored, and brushed aside.

Why is this not a PM?

Why are you still making an open issue of it?

Why do you insist on making yourself look childish in this way? Do you seriously think it improves the standing of your argument and garners you anykind of sympathy regarding your plight with Uso?

These are questions you need to ask yourself.

Reactions: Wes
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…