• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 188604 Osman University: Chapter One

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Pine
  • Start date Start date
J

Jack Pine

As one would approach the building it would become clear that a lot of work had gone into making the grounds look nice. Sand had been replaced with grass with short poles sticking out of the ground that tended to the grass as retaining walls marked the border of the school grounds to prevent the sands reclaiming the now grassy field. The building itself was a large three story structure of advanced construction. The front entrance to the grounds resembled a large wrought iron double gate with a security guard dressed in Section 6 colors running the security booth. Further on was the building entrance past a circular drive that was connected to the long drive that lead up to the front gate. The front doors were of a polished and conditioned wood.

INSIDE:
The main hall was nice to say the least as the floors were some sort of mineral with walls of similar wooden make as the front doors. empty trophy cases lined the walls as well as doors, one of which lead to the main office. A banner hung from the ceiling to hang in between a double stair case. It had a green background with a emblem made of the emblems of Section 6, the Skyguard, Ragnarok, and of the USO itself. A man stnds behind a podium with White hair and red eyes dressed casually flanked by the instructors of the school as they wait for the arrival of new students.

Amit didn't like this, school never appealed. To what child did this place ever appeal to em? Course the boy fidgeted in the attire he had been forced into wearing. The school uniform didn't appeal to him in the least, the white fabric and how formal it looked. Just kill him now was all it was saying to him. The boy still wore the odd collar around his neck, since he was going to a school and didn't have much control of his emotions; being such a young soul, it was their safest bet honestly. With a backpack slung over his shoulder, something with peach coloring was partially sticking out of it.

He'd been told to leave Companion at home, it would only distract or potientally cause issues with kids who didn't have one. But Amit didn't care. He wasn't about to leave his only friend behind at home. Green eyes caught sight of Jack, well of course he was here! Good grief. Was there anywhere on this planet he could go without always running into his 'father'?

Rose looked out over the assembled students, fresh new minds to dump her knowledge into, before leaning over towards Jack. "So, you have me teaching astrophysics, a subject I have a passing knowledge in at fuckin' best, and you thought this was a good idea... Why?"

Her belief in her inability was unfounded at best. Several months ago, when the technicians had found her ship, there was a lot of astronomical and basic astrophysics related data on board, alongside the unusual construction of the ship. It had very few star charts, and was barely flyable by anyone but an expert astronavigator. Even then, the controls were finicky enough that master pilots had trouble with it. Again, something that required some skill in the physics of the stars. While her belief was unfounded, it didn't keep her from feeling that there had to be better instructors on the planet.

Last edited:
Aster was horribly disappointed as she approached the designated meeting point on her volumetric wrist map. She stared at the building, the people gathering in dismay. She did not understand, why was she there? Hadn't she been picked up for an internship? She loathed institutionalized education and yet here she was in front of one. She was wearing her regular clothing, a dark pink pleated skirt with a dark grey blazer. Her ankle boots clumped in disappointment as she moved towards the crowd. "Did mom just trick me?" she said to no one in particular.

"Probably did, lots of adults are good at that." Amit commented, adjusting his bag to where it be on his lap.

Taking notice of the peach fabric sticking out, he acted quickly to adjust it. Pushing the plushie back in before reaching in to try and adjust it further. He could see the blue and green eyes staring back at him now, making him smile as he had Companion still with him. It took some of the unease off of him. Course, he had to make sure his father didn't see it.

"At least one of your parents isn't gonna be teaching." Amit added, putting his bag back onto his back.

“No, my mother hates paperwork,” Aster turned with a smile at Amit. She shifted the leather strap of her own bag on her shoulder and adjust her twin ponytails so that the strap didn’t pull her hair. “She teaches all kinds of things but never in this sort of place.”

Her violet eyes were drawn to the fabric of the object the boy was trying to hide. “What are you hiding there?”

"Lucky." Amit replied, giving a small smile.

At the question of what was in his bag, he glanced back toward the stage. Trying to make sure that Jack wasn't looking; that was the worst thing he needed at this moment. It seems the man's attention was elsewhere so he opened the bag and started to reveal the rather large plushie. It was feline like in design with a smiling mouth, peach fur with some areas of red on it; those areas being a marking on it's nose, front of it's neck, and the insides of it's ears. The eyes are blue but the pupiles were green.

"This is Companion." Amit answered, just allowing the creature's head to stick out of the bag.

Jack whispered to Rose after leaning over towards her slightly, "Don't worry sis, You got a lot better education than I. You got this."

Before she could respond, Jack began his address to the congregated body of students that now ambled around slightly as they waited.

"Welcome all, as you are the very first new students to attend Osman University. Here we provide you the keys to the doors that will lead to a higher education then what might count on one here on 188604. None of you know me, but I am Director Pine of Section 6, who build this institution. I look forward to seeing you all in your studies. The more aptitude you show in your studies, the higher knowledge and data you will have access to. You may even be approached by Ragnarok, SkyGuard, FSC, Saber, or even Section 6 in the future with job opportunities. There even some of the Skyguard's younger members are attending with you. Notice every uniform is the same and only bares your current class grade. Here every student is equal in there right to learn and in opportunities. I have the will to learn you will succeed, and will have the power to choose your own futures and destinies. I hope you all enjoy your first steps into the courses of OU and I look forward to seeing the educated individuals you become." Jack said in a lively voice as he repeated the practiced speech.

"Wow....so basically, if no one here wants to be here from school, they won't learn shit since the more 'aptitude' you have for your studies. You get access to better stuff? How's that keeping it 'equal'?" Amit questioned to Aster.

Granted, he was only ten years old and in all honesty no ten year old liked school. Even more so, not everyone was gifted in school. Some people were just average, some people struggled with their lessons. Math could trip many up, English could get confusing, Science could drive you made with all the things they try to shove into your brain. To get people gifted at any school subject was often a rare enough thing.

"Asshole's the director too? Great...this is gonna be even worse..." Amit growled, the collar on his neck beeping slightly with his displeasure.

She smiled at the little stuffed animal. Companion was an odd name but Amit was a child. The speech began and she listened. Her mother had definitely tricked her into going to institutional education but the idea of recruitment into these organizations was interesting. It appealed to her. Her mother was truly gifted for manipulating her into wanting to do well with her studies. Evil but gifted.

“Asshole?” Aster leaned in closer to Amit as the speech started. “I just got here so I have no idea what’s going on or who is who. I dunno why my mom picked this place for me but she said it would be interesting. I’m Aster by the way. What’s your name, kid?”

Rose stepped forward, She was still rather short, but at the edge of the stage in professional slacks and a form fitted blouse, she looked tall and imposing. Her body language exuded confidence and strength as she spoke, hiding her own uncertainty with a practiced continuation of Jack's speech. "My name is Rose Ironhart. I am head of the Advanced Research and Development division of Section 6, and this school's teacher of astrophysics and astronavigation. I expect to see many Skyguard pilots in my classes. Moreover, I expect to see many interns working with Section 6 for stem credits. But I don't expect to see all of you there. In fact, I should only reasonably see a small number, when compared to the rest. This is because all skills have value. Each one of you has the potential to build a better world for ourselves and our children. We offer opportunities to grow those talents you know you have, and turn your passions into a skill that for better or worse, will shape the future of this world, all of our homes. I promise you, you will find aptitude somewhere in our curriculum. All you need to do is be willing and eager to learn something, or to share what knowledge you have. Your educators are not infallible.

"I, for example, am well versed in the basics of astrophysics and being able to find my way back to this world. But, with very little time to apply that knowledge, my skill is mediocre, at best. My hope is that not only can we teach you, but you can teach us."

"Yeah, he's....i guess you can say my 'father'." Amit explained. "I'm Amit."

Well it seems that there was something good about this, he got to interact with someone else; who wasn't scary like their neighbor was. Course the speech continued and he gave a sigh.

"Yeah, I don't have any knowledge that they'd be interested in. Besides, who is actually interested in school?" Amit questioned.

"Wow, daddy issues already? What did he do?" Aster frowned. Amit was rather young. She wondered if it was just a matter of the man being strict or something more sinister. She shrugged, "There are some cool things that it can teach you, some teachers have cool stories but textbook stuff is dull. My mom liked to give me practical ways to learn."

"Eh...well he's not...really my father, he's....well i got...adopted in a way." Amit replied, not sure on how to exactly put it. "The circumstances that lead to it were rather strange, you probably won't believe me."

Amit shrugged when the conversation returned to this school, to this annoyance of a torture chamber.

"never had a care for what they tried to ram into our heads where I used to live, probably still won't here." Amit said with a faint shrug.

Aster chuckled softly. "Oh, I've seen some things, so you'd be surprised at just how much I would believe. What's this place like? I am getting the impression that my mom, just picked something out of message traffic that seemed interesting." She understood what it was like to be adopted but she had more fondness for her adopted mother than Amit apparently had for his father, the director of the school. "I was supposed to be a Section 6 intern."

"Truthfully this school has just opened up, so I don't know what it's like. I just don't like school in general and well, considering how things have progressed in my life before Asshole here found me, well...it's not gonna be good.." Amit replied, slipping a finger under the metal collar around his neck to try and itch part of his neck.

A intern? He knew that word but at the moment, he didn't really recall what it meant. He was too focused on hoping that this speech gibberish would be over with soon and he could find a way to sneak out of here. Honestly, what were they hoping to accomplish with this? This place should just be those that were gonna go into section six or it's affiliations.

Freya hurried to get to the main hall. She couldn't believe that she was late for her first day of school. She normally was able to follow directions to the t but that blasted alarm clock never went off. "Hope I don't get into too much trouble." She would say to no one in particular.
She ran into the main hall and tried to take her seat without being noticed.

Aster raised an eyebrow as Amit played with his collar. "What's that do? Maybe we can rewire it or something so you don't have to wear it or it does something else?" She suggested with a smile. "School is this thing they make us to to keep us out of trouble but I tend to get into the most trouble in school, so we'll see how this pans out. So this Jack guy is a jerk what about that Thorn lady? She bad too?"

Jack re-stepped up to the podium, "I think that covers just about everything, so again work hard and you will have the power to help us shape this world for the better. All of you should have received your schedules, please proceed to your first classes."

"I don't know, I've never really interacted with her." Amit replied.

When she pointed at the collar, he tried to glance at it before fidgeting with it slightly. He really hated this thing.

"It...helps me stay in this form...what I..used to look like." Amit answered, his voice lower. "As much as I dislike it I...I have to wear it.."

Hearing Jack, he sighed. Great, now they had to go into boredum. Shuffling out of his seat, he had spied a girl arriving but he glanced back at Aster.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…