• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Osman University: Chapter One

As the students and instructors began to file out towards the rooms listed on their pads, Jack caught sight of the girl who had showed up late, "Miss Thorn, a word please." he shouted to her after checking her name on the student roster he pulled up on his HUD.

"Shit." Freya knew that this was probably going to happen but hoped it didn't. She would walk up to the stage. "Yes sir?" She would say with a sigh.

"You seem to be running late today miss Thorn, not good for first impressions, so please try to be on time from now on." Jack said stepping off the stage to lower the amount of attention drawn tot he conversation.

"Also I will need you to come to my office to receive your student ID, and final documentation given your last minute entry into the school." Jack said before gesturing to Rose to continue on without him as he left to handle this.

"Sorry sir my alarm clock didn't go off this morning and I still have some jet lag from the trip yesterday." She would look up and take a step back. "You look lie someone back at the company I work at. Its uncanny how much you two look alike."

"What are you an intern or something? By the way what's this handsome devil's name?" Jack asked casually as he lead the way to the main office.

"To be honest I don't know anyone with my kind of features, they're kinda rare for a human such as myself. And even fewer family alive who might share those features. My hair is supposed to be black actually." Jack made small talk as they walked along.

"His name is Lazarus sir." Freya would say nonchalantly. "Apparently he's a clone of a human weapon."

"Can't say I've heard of him. Wait is that even legal?" Jack stopped at the last part, "Human weapon....clone? What like a bioweapon?" he asked perplexed by the idea turning to her.

"I don't know. Apparently he was here before on personal business. Maybe you saw him then."

"I can't say that I have, though running S6 and Saber, I tended to not get out of the office most of the time." Jack said for some reason getting a tingle at the back of his neck before he continued into the main office.

Freya would follow Jack in. "Can I also get a copy of my schedule I never had a chance to get one."

Jack stepped into his office and picked up a random datapad before turning around his irises glowing as the data on it was removed and replaced with Freya's needed documents and schedule before he reached over and picked up a card of the desk as well before handing them to Freya the words [data transfer: 100% complete] visible on the screen.

"Here is what you needed, let me know if you have questions, or just need assistance with something." Jack said as the glow faded.

Aster heard the ping of her pad and brought up the volumeric display to see where it was that she was supposed to go. "Keep this shape?" Her brows furrowed, it was a strange statement. "I heard about there being a shapeshifter on the GSS Yui from the Star Army archives but... I think he, at least I got the idea he thought of himself as male, could control his shape. You're not able to control it?"

"What I have isn't...natural for me. I...well..." Amit started though he shuffled nervously and paused in his steps. "I...I got....ex...exper...i.."

It was clearly Amit was nervous, this was easier to admit to jack and company cause he had been shown that they were strong. That they could be trusted as well. This was just a random stranger. Standing there in the middle of the room, he was very noticeable to Jack if they were looking to make sure students had gone on to their class.

Aster stood patiently with Amit, concern growing on her face. Did I find a nerve? Her head tilted to one side as she watched the boy's expression shift as he started to stutter. She waited for him to finish his sentence, if the moment was to come.

"Ex..perimented..." Amit muttered lowly; though there was a chance of Aster hearing him.

He stared down at the floor for a moment before adjusting his bag a bit and taking Companion out again. Disregarding his previous worries of Jack seeing the thing he was instructed to leave behind at home. He didn't care at the moment. Companion had been there with him through everything, the plushie that was almost the size of the child holding it was a great comfort to the lad.

Amit looked at the large stuffed animal, amazed that it was able to even fit inside the little boy's backpack. She frowned as Amit slightly shut down, she knelt down to talk to Amit at a more level height so that she was eye level with him instead of looking down at him. "Uh.. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset. I just get nervous in new places where I don't know anyone. I wanted to keep the conversation going before I had to go off to class or get into uniform. There's just a lot I don't know about here. You sound a little lonely, so I tell you what, how about we be firends and we can be less lonely together?"

Amit was surprised at the offer, there was a beeping from the metal collar as it registered his surprise. Friend? He didn't have those besides Companion and kind of the Pine family. Back in his birth home, he didn't really have friends back there. People he kind of new but...not really.

"I've...never really had friends....Companion is one but...no real ones..." Amit started, glancing back up at her.

Fidgeting slightly as he stood there, he messed with Companion's two digit paws. Kind of making it look like that Companion was pondering this with that large open mouth smile that it always had; course it couldn't really think. It was just the gesture.

"We don't have to stay here, we could...sneak off?" Amit suggested as he looked back up at her, a smile on his face.

In his own little way, he was accepting the offer of friendship. He had spoken quieter so only she'd hear him.

"Hey, Amit! Any chance I can steal your friend for a moment? I need to double check something with her." Rose had somehow managed to slip away from the group of students ambling around her lecture hall door, and now slipped up near the two. She gave Amit a sweet smile, placing a hand on his shoulder as though to say she wasn't going to rat him out to Jack.

"Miss Blake, you're my new intern, right? I'm Rose Ironhart, with Section Six. I run Advanced Research and Development, and brought plenty of cookies. I know you signed up for the internship program, but we've gotta get you some extra skills and I can't teach everything. Though we have an awesome engineering course run by our shipwright, and I'm going to be attending some of those classes, myself."

Looking down at Amit for a moment, she gave a smile. "Now, you're getting taller. But you're supposed to be headed to class. You'll have more time to chat later on and I'll see what I can do about neighboring lockers. You, too... Aster, right? Come talk to me at the end of day and I'll show you the lab."

With that, she breezed off, her mere five feet and six inches of uniform disappearing in the crowd as though she were any other student.

Aster grinned at Rose as she stopped and introduced herself. So busted. "Nice to meet you, Miss Ironhart! Cookies make everything better, but I understand the University thing better now. This is probably a bonus feature for my mom- she gets me some job experience and tricks me into taking more courses to further my education while she deals with her new company."

She nodded. "Of course, I definitely want to see the lab so I will see you at the end of the day! Just have to figure out where I am going next is all. And I guess, get myself one of the school uniforms? My mom kinda just had my sister stuck me on a ship with my stuff and shoo me off." Violet eyes watched as Rose hurried off again. She queued up her schedule to see where she was supposed to go next, "Sorry Amit, it looks like I have to make it to my first round of classes. Maybe we have some of the same ones?" I wonder how the collar controls the shape-shifting. Or what he changes into? She smiled sweetly at the little boy and his giant stuffed animal. "Once I figure this place out, we'll find some good hiding spots, promise."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back