• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Paragon Reboot.

Most of the Tech was bought by Zen arms and Origin; I know the stuff that went to Origin isn't gone, having been revamped, but I can't say for certain what's happened to the Zen stuff.

I have no problems with Paragon gear being used by the Garts, and they are still easily able to order stuff from Zen and Origin, so, I really see no point to restarting Paragon.

Then Arieg, i'd let you manage your own creation, since it is your stuff.

Well Kai, You have a point, we can't have Paragon competing with these two companies now can we ;p.

To be honest I want to see the Gartagens develop more on their own. Utilize their own technology more instead of outsourcing so much. It wouldn't only provide a challenge for them to adapt and grow as a people but also as a nation amongst much larger nations in the SARP's ICly 'Trying Times'.

I think having an additional Company would do that, it would produce job, and improve the economy. As far as developing their own technology, I am actually in the brainstorming phase of developing another more advanced ship.

With something like this the ends don't justify the means. Instead of trying to snap up Paragon why not make a new wholly Gartagen company instead? It wouldn't be too difficult and you could just as easily stimulate the Gartagen economy doing so.

Because Paragon is an excellent company, and the Gartagens did business with it.

That is the thing, it is a company, not a nation, and not a piece of property, I propose to have a business transaction happen to restart the company. I watch this company grow and as I stated before had a hand in its inception.

So I am interested in keeping it going, especially considering my faction had much more to do with it.

Once again there is a serious misunderstanding of my intentions going on here. Lay them to rest. I have no intention of "looting"

I see a great peace of fiction being left to die, and I do not want that to occur.

Ehm Paragon is not excelent company. It was actually pretty strange thing that appeared out of nowhere with giants assests and strangely high technology for completely new company, not to mention it was mockery to long term companies like Origin or Emrys we had then and in the end it did not work. Not to mention that I brave to say that it was generally unliked. Please let it sleep.

But to be fair I remember Garties buying rights to produce certain numbers of para-tech. M-Sar was there I think, not sure about other stuff.

Oh and about Free Trade treaty and part Sigma quoted, please Ira read it again. It says Military Hardware. Not that it has to be owned by any military. It means Assault Rifles, tanks, battleship and other fun stuff. So basically it mean pretty much everything Paragon made.

It's a piece of fiction that was taken apart and dissolved for good reasons both IC and OOC, and you've said nothing in here to convince me you need Paragon for any reason whatsoever. Until you do that, I really don't think there's much point in this.

Actually a company is a piece of property held by the shareholders and CEO, I'm more concerned with the fact instead of starting a wholly new Gartagen company you want to pickup one with the work already done, you know? Why not expend the same amount of effort and make something for the Gartagens, by the Gartagens.

I understand from a business standpoint if a smaller company is bought out by a larger it could become a subsidiary etc etc. With something like this instead of buying out a operational company you want to resurrect one from the dead. Wouldn't this be considered a waste of resources better spent else where? For the same amount of effort they could just as well start another firm. Because in the end your rendition of Paragon won't be Paragon in essence since you'd be running it and not the guy who originally started it.

However I know ultimately this is Arieg's decision, but I do urge you to make something of your own instead. Not because I'm worried overly much about 'looting' but more about potential new opportunities being squandered a bit.

Eh if it goes to dust it goes to dust. You are right though, ultimately it is all on Arieg. I will go with what ever he decides.

Ira said:
Eh if it goes to dust it goes to dust. You are right though, ultimately it is all on Arieg. I will go with what ever he decides.

If you want to use it with or without my assistance go ahead, I have no problems.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back