• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Peacekeeper Jacket

How thick IS this thing? It has five layers, and no real lining other than leather. Also, how about pockets? How long is it? Is it a fitted cut, or a looser cut? What's the style of collar? Does it have shoulder straps? Is it weather-treated? Are there any other snaps on it, or just the side-zipper?

Most of this as far as thickness, cut and such goes that is Kim's department. As we discussed over the IRC, if need be things will be handled. :)

Hmm... the jacket has a high collar that has a snap closure at the neck. It has no shoulder straps, is weather treated, and is supposed to be worn so that the bottom of the jacket is above the waistline where a belt would be on the uniform pants (there are some straps at the bottom that allow for the wearer to tighten up the bottom fit).

It has a thin soft fabric lining on the inside and is about maybe... about a half inch to an inch thick with the layers. I think of the layer of ballistics gel as being about as thick as maybe... a gel insole for a shoe.

Pockets: There are 3 pockets on the inside of the jacket between the lining and the last layer of leather: 2 on the left side and one on the right side. There are 2 external zippered pockets on either side at the bottom front of the jacket that are meshed behind the top 4 outer layers of the jacket.

I originally was thinking a fitted cut but it would probably be best as a slightly looser cut. I think padded, reinforced, motorcycle racing jacket when I think of the Peacekeeper jacket. =)

*nods* OK, that sounds good to me ... but Soresu was saying this is the standard uniform top — as if it were the uniform shirt a police officer would wear, and not his duty jacket. Is this a duty jacket, or a uniform "shirt?"

This is the duty jacket he would wear over his shirt. Or another way of putting it is that this is the officer's vest that he wears at all times with his uniform- it's just over his shirt rather than under it.

The actual uniform shirt is just a short sleeve t-shirt. So in a way, like it's the bdu jacket that the Army or the Marine Corps wear. You have the jacket/blouse; and the brown/green undershirt.

Gotcha. *thumbs up* They seriously need to sell these. Considering the Star Army has nothing that's really comparable, outside a full armor set.

I feel like DR 3 is too powerful, and that DR 2 would make more sense — it can't really stop energy attacks more than once or twice, so should it really qualify for that DR 3 rating?

Why would it be made in blue? Yamatai's uniforms are blue. I thought the idea was to have a different color and design.

UOC colors should be purple, gold and black.

I adjusted the wiki entry to include mention of pockets, colors, lining, etc. The actual colorations of the jacket are not deal breaking- as it is clothing, it can be adjusted per the order itself.

The main concern of mine is really the damage rating. Is it too low, too high? Otherwise, I thought the ruling on mundane custom clothing was that it didn't need to get approved if it's just a different color jacket. This is honestly just a leather jacket with some light ballistics protection added.

If you really want it (since I wanted to make the uniform entry separate once the jacket itself was approved):
The official uniform jacket will most likely be black with gold contrast piping at the shoulder seams; around the middle of the bicep and around the edge of the cuffs. On the left deltoid will be the UOC patch. On the left breast with a strong magnetic backing will be a nameplate; while a rank pin (also with a strong magnetic backing) will be worn above the right breast.

There will not be any different color jacket variations to denote occupation but medics will have a white leather armband with a red cross on it- to be worn around their left bicep. The band will be buckled into place around the jacket sleeve.

Officers will have a heavier (about a half inch wide as opposed to piping that is a couple of millimeters wide) gold colored contrast band around the cuffs of their sleeves.

DR, right now, is too high, I think. DR 1 is more appropriate — this baby would stop pistol bullets well, and stifle rifle bullets down enough to probably eliminate their lethality (but still cause penetrating injuries), and the coating obviously stops a shot or two from an energy weapon. But it's not DR 3 — that would stop pistol and rifle bullets easily, in the same place, multiple times, and would stop energy shots as well.

Maybe, if it's to be a duty jacket as well, have room to install an armor plate in the back to boost it up? Like a motorcycle jacket?

Of course, we had initially talked about adding the trauma plates but we were concerned about trying to add to much to it and make an overpowered jacket. But I'm definately willing to add those plates.

That would be a cool option to have — to keep it lightweight, you could use ceramics, which would get up to DR 2. Steenplast gets you DR 3. Durandium plating, which will be heavy as hell but nice to have, gets you DR 5.

I don't think we need a DR of 5 for this thing. So I think steenplast plates would be best.

Gotta buy'em from Styrling, but hey, they'll love ya for it!

Just build the slot for it for now, and you can make do with generic ceramics for now, until the purchases are RP'd out, neh?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back